Reading rejected, quite shocking

Ravenne

Just now I was doing a reading for someone, who wanted this of course, but after a few cards I very strongly felt this person didn't want it. Didn't want me "prying" in the past to look for answers. At first it was okay to do some future questions, but I had to put the cards that were on the table, back in the deck, reshuffle and so on. When I got going again with future stuff, he was still so troubled and upset that I had to stop the reading entirely.
The person was not physically with me, he lives in another country, but I've never had this happen before. The rejection was so strong that I've put my cards on hematite to decharge and put a orange calcite on top (intuitively). Never felt I had to decharge my cards at all.
I'm quite taken aback, so felt like sharing this here. Anyone of you ever had a similar experience?

Ravenne

Jaqueline

It's like the line in the movie - "You can't handle the truth" - he literally could not. Not your fault or your cards. This person wasn't ready to face it.

Sophie

That happened to me on a couple of occasions, and most strongly once with my BIL, who simply didn't want me seeing certain things (which, being family, I can understand). That was obvious to me as I looked at the cards - although no one card told me, it was more the overall impression - so I said, "you don't want me to do this, do you?" and he confirmed that he didn't. So put an end to the reading and haven't read for him since.

In his case, I don't think he didn't want to hear the truth, it's more that he didn't want to confirm it to me.

Ravenne

In the mean time I've been in touch with J, the person I did the reading for. He still wants me to do the reading, so I will give it another whirl when it feels okay. The stuff I came up with, was spot on, so in that sense nice to get confirmation.
Funny enough his ex had phoned him at the approx time I felt this rejection. She invited him to something and he didn't want to, so he was confronted with his past when I was also working on his past. Maybe it was a bit too overwhelming? He's a sensitive person, so I don't exclude that. Nevertheless, I will tune in to him before doing a new reading to specifically ask permission and "see" what is okay to ask and what not.
My cards are feeling happier again, they're now charging in between two halves of a rock crystal geode.
BTW, I don't blame myself nor my cards :) But I felt very strong that they also got a blow from what went down, it was really quite strong. Not angry or maliscious, but strong nevertheless.

I think I will steer clear from his past if I do get to do another reading. Like you said, Jacqueline, I think/feel he's indeed not ready to face it yet.

Ravenne

SunChariot

That can certainly happen. When the querent asked for a reading, they had no idea what would come up. It is very possible that the truth of the matter (and the cards WILL tell the truth) was something they were not strong enough or prepared to handle.

I've never had that exactly, but I have on 2-3 separate occasions simply have card come up telling me that it is not in the best interest of the querent to know that information right now. The cards literally told me that, that is what i saw in them. I then told that to the querent and I remember one telling me that another reading not long ago had told her the exact same thing, that it was not in her best interest to know.

But I did not have such a strong reaction as you had. But the answer is the same. There ARE things people are not meant to know in a reading or that they are not ready to know, whether they ask or not.

Babs

SunChariot

Ravenne said:
In the mean time I've been in touch with J, the person I did the reading for. He still wants me to do the reading, so I will give it another whirl when it feels okay. The stuff I came up with, was spot on, so in that sense nice to get confirmation.
Funny enough his ex had phoned him at the approx time I felt this rejection. She invited him to something and he didn't want to, so he was confronted with his past when I was also working on his past. Maybe it was a bit too overwhelming? He's a sensitive person, so I don't exclude that. Nevertheless, I will tune in to him before doing a new reading to specifically ask permission and "see" what is okay to ask and what not.
My cards are feeling happier again, they're now charging in between two halves of a rock crystal geode.
BTW, I don't blame myself nor my cards :) But I felt very strong that they also got a blow from what went down, it was really quite strong. Not angry or maliscious, but strong nevertheless.

I think I will steer clear from his past if I do get to do another reading. Like you said, Jacqueline, I think/feel he's indeed not ready to face it yet.

Ravenne

If he still wants the reading, maybe first you could do a reading and ask WHY the cards thought he would not want to know the answer and how it would change things in his life if he did have the info. Maybe if he knew why he was not supposed to know that would help? Just a thought.

Babs

victoria.star

Yes. I have it all the time, because as much as I love the cards, I do not like reading or myself and I never want to know the future.

The cards will balk. Keep throwing me the same nonsensical pablum. Until I remember that I am not comfortable reading for myself, like reminding me I have crossed a line I am not comfortable with...

Then, I read for someone else or the garden or just study the images in a storytelling mindset.

olivia1

Ravenne said:
Just now I was doing a reading for someone, who wanted this of course, but after a few cards I very strongly felt this person didn't want it. Didn't want me "prying" in the past to look for answers. At first it was okay to do some future questions, but I had to put the cards that were on the table, back in the deck, reshuffle and so on. When I got going again with future stuff, he was still so troubled and upset that I had to stop the reading entirely.
The person was not physically with me, he lives in another country, but I've never had this happen before. The rejection was so strong that I've put my cards on hematite to decharge and put a orange calcite on top (intuitively). Never felt I had to decharge my cards at all.
I'm quite taken aback, so felt like sharing this here. Anyone of you ever had a similar experience?

Ravenne

I'm lost. what do you mean by rejection? Did the person reject the reading by saying what you saw was flat out wrong or they didn't want you to continue with the reading? or did you just somehow sense that they didn't want you to continue?

eta: never mind, it has been answered.

Fostha

Ravenne said:

Ravenne
Can't say I have,but what I find puzzling is why on earth would that J even ask to hear a reading if theres nothing they really wanted to know,isn't that a waste of time( and cost if they're not even in the same room),seems an unusual request,I really can't help but wonder what the fundamental reason would be for J to even ask to hear it in the first place,can you. :confused:

greatdane

Wow

I almost instantly thought, be careful what you ask for. He obviously wasn't ready for what he asked for. Sorry. Must have been a really uncomfortable experience for you. I think people sometimes must get a reading hoping for all kittens and butterflies and when they don't get that....