Drawing cards while watching Masterchef

Allison70

The other night while watching Masterchef (FYI - a reality TV show where amateur cooks compete for the title. Kinda like Survivor with really good cake.)

anyway, I just thought I'd share that the Tarot knows its TV. I was drawing cards to see who would win the round and predicted correctly based on the King of Swords. I didn't write cards down at the time so I don't remember what the other cards were.

Then I drew cards on the three 'losers' who had to face an elimination pressure test the next episode.
contestant 1 : Death
contestant 2 : 4 pents
contestant 3: 2 swords

I watched the pressure test (that's what they call it) last night. I had figured the pents card would be safe. That was right. They had to cook a massive black forest cake (disks of cake, shaped like pents, anyone) and she won based on a cake that was not very impressive outside but tasted good and followed all the details of the challenge to the letter. She counted the cherries and all. Very pents, IMO!

The guy who had the blindfolded 2 of swords made a good cake, but DID NOT SEE that he'd left a cherry pip in one of the cherries inside the cake. The judges hate that. It made their decision dificult, another 2 of swords reference LOL.

Death card lost. If he truly wants a career in the food industry, he will have to begin again. I don't know, maybe by applying for an apprenticeship like a normal person.

I was so taken with these results that I even started telling DH about the cards I'd drawn. Hence me now attempting to tell someone who cares...

nisaba

<grin>

Arwen Lynch likes to pull cards for movies, and characters in books. You're in good company.

I personally think Tarot knows most things.

Allison70

:)

I'll just add I was doing it for entertainment (Masterchef by itself isn't exactly mesmerizing), I wasn't out to test the cards or anything like that.

Cerulean

I think this takes the cake!

Allison70 said:
The other night while watching Masterchef (FYI - a reality TV show where amateur cooks compete for the title. Kinda like Survivor with really good cake.)

anyway, I just thought I'd share that the Tarot knows its TV....

I was so taken with these results that I even started telling DH about the cards I'd drawn. Hence me now attempting to tell someone who cares...

Cerulean says:

While I like doing this to movies that I have on DVD to enjoy...say a somewhat lighthearted musical... "Once"...the idea of doing this along with a cooking show sounds very fun, as my love and I like watching food network shows for relaxation. And a competition, no less! What a great idea...

Now we only need the best cooking-oriented tarot...or perhaps a tarot good for 'love affairs' to map out whether the chef and their creative inspiration are meant to out-match their rival! Can you tell I enjoy this idea very much?

And after awhile, spouses and family get used to some of the tarotlike language or framework one sees the world in....it's your thing!

Thanks for the ideas.

Cerulean

hunter

Oooo....I LOVE the idea of matching a deck to a TV show. How enabling!

Do we need another thread for that, or do we just do that here?

Kimberlee

Epicurian and Housewives first come to mind. :D

I love cooking shows! I need to try this on Chopped, a food network show where a contestant is eliminated each round.

~Kimberlee

Cerulean

Ah! CHOPPED!

Kimberlee said:
Epicurian and Housewives first come to mind. :D

I love cooking shows! I need to try this on Chopped, a food network show where a contestant is eliminated each round.

~Kimberlee

I found a few other cooking competitions, but haven't remembered the names yet...great idea!

Cerulean

Onyx

I have been pulling cards for Survivor seasons for a couple of years now. It shows that my prediciting is off most of the times but I has been really accurate at some times too.

It is just good fun to try and connect watching tv and some other activities and tarot is a great way of doing that.

There have been times when I have done practice readings for characters on fictional tv shows as well. Good practice and adds a bit of an extra element to those shows as well.

Onyx.

jaj

Ooooo -- I love this idea! Think of the possibilities! This could become interactive TV. There are SO many reality shows. In the US, this could be applied to Project Runway, Dancing with the Stars, Idol... oh and don't forget the regular game shows like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Deal or No Deal...

TV shows can become tarot-tutoring sessions! Fun! Thanks!

WyrdRaven

I told a tarotist friend of mine about this thread a week ago, and she was so intrigued that she drew a triad from the Waite deck on "the energy surrounding Russell's success" on the last episode of Survivor. She drew the 8 of Cups reversed flanked by the High Priestess and the 5 of Pentacles. I guess everybody knows by now what happened to Russell last night! Not only did he not win the million dollars, he didn't even get ONE vote from the jury! Sandra, the only survivor with good intuition about Russell, won the grand prize and title (Russell won a lesser prize). My friend reads reversals as interior processes, so that was pretty spot-on! We both had a grand time with the experiment. It was almost like knowing the ending before we'd seen the show!