Dedicated to Amanda_04~ Our REAL space :)

AJ

Amanda_04 said:
Am I really the only one with a messy spot? Or am I just the only one brave enough to share it? })
From this reading space thread. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2303802#post2303802

Amanda, when I am serious about a reading I do go and set up on the dining room table which is shown somewhere in one of these thread. Serene and lovely.

These two spaces pictured below are where I do my daily draws for my blog and occasional short quick readings...not so serene but a better reflection of the me who visits AT.

The weirdest thing on the roll top desk which surely outdoes your hot pads are the two hot pink toe separators I use when polishing my toenails. Why they are there is beyond me.

The long table is in my office and the piles to the left and right go up and down depending on how hard I'm working or if I haven't been working at all but goofing off :)

To the left is my sacred space/naturescape whose most recent addition, which doesn't fit visually at the moment, is the small cast iron cauldron that belonged to my FIL. I'm using it for incense burning. He used it for melting lead.

thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning.

Attachments

• Upstairs Computer.JPG
    Upstairs Computer.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Office.JPG
    Office.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 231

cricket

AJ, your personal spaces are much, MUCH cleaner than mine! The only personal space I have in this house (besides about a square foot for whatever work in progress sits next to the couch for TV time) is my bedroom. It's 9 feet by 12 feet and contains a bed, bookshelf, filing cabinet, computer dest, weaving loom, spinning wheel, professional massage chair (I'm a massage therapist), a trunk, a large basket of crafting items, a quilt in progress (read: giant pile of fabric and betting, part of which is in an embroidery frame), a trash can... the list could go on!

Almost all of my personal belongings are in this one tiny area. They're piled everywhere - but it's my own organised chaos. It may scare everybody else, or make them shake their heads, but I can find just about anything at a moment's notice. Right in the middle of all this chaos, either on the three feet or so left to walk in or on the bed, is where my readings take place. Maybe one of these days I'll take a picture and post it, and a picture of one of the other rooms in the house to compare it with (the rest of the house is shared by the three of us who live here, and is kept to a higher standard - my normal one ;) ).

Tarot Orat

AJ, I want your house! Your casual locations make the best part of my house look shoddy.

But you've emboldened me...this is my actual reading location, just the cards on a scarf on the bed. (The cat is usually there too.) I read at night, in the dark, so it doesn't matter what it looks like then...although I do feel pretty pathetic now. And I know I didn't make the bed, no complaints please :)

Attachments

• realspace.JPG
    realspace.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 220

Amanda

AJ - I don't know what you're talking about.. :laugh: For a real spot, yours is still neat! :D

I don't ever read in person anymore, otherwise I might dress up the kitchen table or my card table... if the occassion arises I suppose... :p

Tarot Orat, I don't know what you're worried about either, if I would have turned my camera around you would have seen a giant mountain of pillows, blankets, some toys... the kids think my king sized bed is a big playground or something... I never make it anymore! :laugh: (And I tend to take frequent naps and would waste a lot of energy remaking it anyway :p )

And your cat is beautiful! :)

Tarot Orat

Amanda_04 said:
AJ - I don't know what you're talking about.. :laugh: For a real spot, yours is still neat! :D

I don't ever read in person anymore, otherwise I might dress up the kitchen table or my card table... if the occassion arises I suppose... :p

Tarot Orat, I don't know what you're worried about either, if I would have turned my camera around you would have seen a giant mountain of pillows, blankets, some toys... the kids think my king sized bed is a big playground or something... I never make it anymore! :laugh: (And I tend to take frequent naps and would waste a lot of energy remaking it anyway :p )

And your cat is beautiful! :)
The kitty and I both thank you :) Yes, the bed seems to translate as "trampoline" these days! (Heck, I even jump on it sometimes :) )

moderndayruth

AJ, love your secretary desk, i have been looking for a similar one for ages now!

SarahRacheal

This thread is making me grin!
AJ your space is fab and that desk is outstanding!
Tarot Orat your kitty is boootiful! (and your beds neater than mine lol)

ncefafn

I'm like Cricket -- my reading space is my kitchen table covered almost completely with decks, books, papers, pens, snacks and usually at least one cat.

Briar Rose

real spaces; I read on my bed too, and my cat is right there, just like yours too, and my dog too. Or the dinning table when I wake up.

And then if I get some sun it's the lounge chair, or blanket at the park.

Morwenna

AJ, I LOOOVE that rolltop desk! One very like that was for sale in my neighborhood a couple days ago for $550. Dream on, 'Wenna! :D I think if I had a desk like that I'd have it DEDICATED to special stuff like Tarot!