The Scorpio Full Moon

Minderwiz

The Scorpio Full Moon occurs at 04:36 GMT on 16th May. This Full Moon is special because it is also a Lunar Eclipse – occurring very near the ecliptic – the apparent path of the Sun around the Earth.

Apart from the opposition to the Sun (which defines a Full Moon) the Moon makes only one other planetary aspect – An inconjunct or quincunx with Saturn in Gemini. Moon/Saturn contacts are likely to mean cautious or limited feelings and responses, defensive feelings, fear of feelings or expressing feelings, a need for structure and permanence in which it is safe to express feelings and responses. The quincunx is one of those aspects where things are not quite in balance – things don’t quite work out as they should causing irritations, annoyance, and real nuisance value. Where the Moon and Saturn lie in your chart will indicate the areas of life affected by the imbalance but with Gemini and Scorpio involved the imbalance is likely to be stirred somewhat. The light flitting Gemini which is not really much of a home to highly ordered Saturn also does not fit in well with the depths of feeling of Moon in Scorpio. Saturn in Gemini wants to control mental processes and communications and use analytical powers for self preservation but Moon in Scorpio has that deep well of emotional strength that threatens to disrupt any control attempts.

Gemini’s ruler, Mercury is retrograde at the moment in Taurus and is square to Mars, Jupiter and Neptune – that’s some opportunity to get your mental knickers in a real twist – anger, hasty words, grandiose and fantastic ideas that don’t fit reality and a difficulty of addressing the outside world in any really coherent way. In Taurus Mercury tends to be rather slow and careful in expression in order to get things right – this really needs to be worked on for at least the next month.

Mars is the traditional ruler of Scorpio and therefore the Moon’s ruler at the time of the eclipse. Mars in Aquarius, has an opposition to Jupiter, a conjunction with Neptune, sextile to Pluto and semi-square to Saturn. Again this does not make for a quiet time – In Aquarius Mars indicates both a highly individual and eccentric and unconventional method of assertion – Jupiter and Neptune may bring elements of fantasy, sowing wild oats, and assertion and power exercised when ruled by illusion.

The Jupiter Neptune Opposition is still with us bringing the big dreams and grandiose fantasies though now stirred up by the aggression of Mars.

Venus is in Mars’ sign of Aries, leading to relationships being a bit more direct and enthusiastic. Venus is sextile to both Saturn and Uranus in Pisces. This suggests an element of caution and control will be imposed on the drive to relate to others, perhaps more thinking about commitments but Uranus indicates that relating may still be rather unconventional.

There is certainly power lying in this Full Moon – appropriately for Scorpio the issue is how to keep control of that power and the powerful feelings of Moon in Scorpio and the Mars, Jupiter, Neptune relationship whilst labouring under retrograde Mercury.

This power though is latent creativity – and the Taurean Sun is practical in creative skills with a clear feel for nature – much can be done if only the power can be harnessed.

purplefishy

So in my natal chart, moon is in cancer and saturn is in Virgo. What does that mean for this time for me personally?

skytwig

Minderwiz - thank you so much! Very informative!

I will send some extra 'Light" to all the cops and emergency rooms - going to be a crazy time for them!!!

Right now, I am glad I am NOT working at the drug treatment center.....

Have enough to deal with in my own Tower life right now. this info explains it!

But, it's alllllll gooooood! (in the long run! )

:joke:

PurpleGoddess

thanks

Minderwiz you've got such a good way to say things where the neophytes like me can understand.

now i know why i've been in relative control of my emotions and communications with others cause i can't read them right now. it's like there's a block on their side and since i don't like to rock boats i let them be however i'm finding it in me to ask. and know why my taurus man has been more direct than usual and trying to make my fantasy come true...i'm not trying right now.

thanks again.

oh everyone i was able to watch some of the eclipse last night on the way home from school. it was beautiful until got close to home..the clouds became too thick.

peace and blessed be!
:)

All Is One

Minderwiz... dead on

As usual, I find what I need when I must.

Thank you for explaining this particular intensity...

(thus spake a Scorpio on any day of the week)

Well said.

~a

Minderwiz

I appreciate the feedback - I must say that I find writing the New Moon and Full Moon posts a real test - in the nicest possible way. The do make me think about Astrological relationships and the predictive side of the craft.

I was rather unsure when I took this on that I could adequately continue the excellent start made by AquarianGoddess, however, whilst I haven't reached her level of expertise I do now enjoy the fortnightly tests!

All Is One

MORE

MW...give us more? I could really use a thread on moons/dark/shadow...

but who couldn't? BTW: I actually watched that particular eclipse, and as I am rarely in the present moment that was a big deal to me.

You called it right~ this one displaced some space.

~a

Minderwiz

Re: MORE

All Is One said:
MW...give us more? I could really use a thread on moons/dark/shadow...

~a

Unfortunately my rather limited knowledge doesn't extend that far - though I hope someone else is able to run such a thread. I treat myself very much as an Astrological Learner - though I hope to get there one day.

If anyone wishes to take up the challenge, I think we could all learn.