Women vs Men

CastleCrest

Women vs Men (complete original thread)

Wondering if there are more Women that read cards than Men?
Both professionally & just for self.

So what do you think?

How about this site - are there more Women or Men as members?

Wendywu

It's hard to tell a lot of the time - some of us have user names that give no clue whatsoever as to gender.... I don't like to ask, so I just bumble along and hope that I don't give massive offence. I don't think it's relevant from a tarot point of view. Sometimes I'm vaguely curious and peek at a profile but more often than not the profile is no help whatsoever. Usually I just let it go and spend my life in happy ignorance :)

AJ

Probably only 1-2% of the members here post so who knows.

Caedryn

CastleCrest said:
Wondering if there are more Women that read cards than Men?
Both professionally & just for self.

So what do you think?

How about this site - are there more Women or Men as members?

Why?

~ C

gregory

There are threads already. But who cares :D

And as AJ says - very few of the 12k people signed up here do actually post (someone DID do a post about that once...)

Alta

The site may not be all that representative of the tarot world in general, and I suspect really not representative of the professional tarot world at all. We get a lot more pro readers signing up than stay or post.

I have been to psychic fairs twice in my life, and both times there were both men and women readers. Thinking about even numbers but I didn't count.

SkadisPhoenix

To be honest, the only one I've ever been curious about was Gregory, because I think I saw her post about wearing a skirt, and got confused. In all seriousness, it doesn't matter, as the advice and talent is more important than their anatomy. :)

gregory

SkadisPhoenix said:
To be honest, the only one I've ever been curious about was Gregory, because I think I saw her post about wearing a skirt, and got confused. In all seriousness, it doesn't matter, as the advice and talent is more important than their anatomy. :)
You mean - men don't wear skirts ?

Who knew ? :confused:

Actually, although I are a GERRUL - I almost never do.... Umbrae, on the other hand....

SkadisPhoenix

gregory said:
You mean - men don't wear skirts ?

Who knew ? :confused:

Actually, although I are a GERRUL - I almost never do.... Umbrae, on the other hand....
Oh I know they do, but it was definately a "I'm a woman" type statement. Probably something along the lines of "even though I'm a woman I don't wear skirts often"... It confused me, and I ended up checking, just to clarify. I get confused easily, so I do my best to get the thing confusing me sorted out. :p

Grizabella

Wendywu said:
It's hard to tell a lot of the time - some of us have user names that give no clue whatsoever as to gender.... I don't like to ask, so I just bumble along and hope that I don't give massive offence. I don't think it's relevant from a tarot point of view. Sometimes I'm vaguely curious and peek at a profile but more often than not the profile is no help whatsoever. Usually I just let it go and spend my life in happy ignorance :)

Me, too. I just figure if I mistake somebody, they'll let me know. They always do, when I call a "him" a "her" or vice versa.

There are times, though, when a person's ID name will conjure up such a different image of who that person is that it's always fun actually finally seeing a picture of them. They almost never look the way I imagine they will.

For instance, gregory----both from the name (now that I know she's a gerrul) and her matter-of-fact attitude about things, I imagine to be dressed in very sensible tweedy things with sturdy walking shoes and maybe argyle socks, salt-and-pepper grey hair cut short and not fussed with, and the demeanor of a no-nonsense school-mistress. LOL I may or may not have it right, but it will be fun if I ever see her real image.

Umbrae was totally different than I expected him to be when I met him.

I haven't met or seen pictures of most people here, so it's always like opening a gift package when I see what they really do look like.