When the Tarot discourages you from something

Shebelle

This is something that's been on my mind a lot -- and for a long time too.

I am currently single and often consult my deck when I meet a new guy. I'll ask things like, "What is the potential here?" And "What will be the outcome of this?" Sometimes I'll more generally ask the cards if marriage is in my future.

I routinely get negative or "no" readings: outcomes of 5 of Wands, 7 of Swords, 5 of Swords, 8 of Swords. Just things that, essentially, do NOT make me want to continue to date, and that make me feel a lack of hope for the future. I wondered if anyone else had experiences like this with the tarot where, even before you're out of the gate, you're wanting to just stay put because, you know, "What's the point?"

MareSaturni

One of the greatest gifts we have is the power to challenge our destines, or the futures that we are creating now. It is not working? Try something different! Crossing your arms and slumping on the chair will certainly not make it better.

You don't like the future tarot you showing you. Challenge it!
This door is closed? Open an window! Tear down the wall! Blow up the ceiling!

These cards are telling you that the way you are doing it now isn't going to bring you the best result. Not that all paths towards this goal will end the same.

The cards might be discouraging you from doing this one way - but usually there are many other ways of doing it. Have you tried them all?

Why not ask a different question? Ask tarot which path should be taken in order to reach the goal you want. Ask it what you can do to challenge this outcome.

Shebelle

Thank you! I tried this and got cards that to mean, "Stop bemoaning your fate and embrace the fact that you're a single lady for life."

WinterRose

Also, remember - Tarot only shows ONE possible outcome - the future is not set in stone. Tarot tends to show the outcome if you follow one particular path, or if you continue on the path you are on now. Rather than saying "what is the outcome of this" or "what is the potential here", word your questions more positively. Try asking questions like "what can I do to ensure this works?" When asking about marriage, try this instead - "what can I do to bring a marriage into my future?"

Ask the cards for solutions.

Rasa

I try to remember to not ask the Tarot any questions which I don't want to know the answer to. ;)

That being said, I usually ask questions like, "what do I need to do in order to make this ______ successful", or "what obstacles might I come up against in this endeavor?", followed by cards about how to deal with them.

That way, if something doomy and gloomy is indicated in a reading, a way out of it is shown too.

nicky

I can't tell by your post if you are asking really soon after meeting these guys or not, but the out of the gate made me think perhaps the solution is letting some time pass before you ask your cards...
It is kind of like looking for an answer before you have enough data.

franniee

I love the responses you have gotten so far!!! I just wanted to add when the question is as important as who is my mate, I would go with my instincts..... not a reading. I actually stopped reading when I met my husband..... I knew he was my husband when I saw him and I didn't read for a while. I would never have asked the cards about him! I just knew..... my suggestion is go with your gut..... if you need to ask that is something. Read that. Not read on that just figure out what that means... meditate.

My thoughts.... :heart:

Debra

franniee said:
... when the question is as important as who is my mate, I would go with my instincts..... not a reading. I actually stopped reading when I met my husband..... I knew he was my husband when I saw him and I didn't read for a while. I would never have asked the cards about him! I just knew.....

This is just beautiful.

SunChariot

Shebelle said:
This is something that's been on my mind a lot -- and for a long time too.

I am currently single and often consult my deck when I meet a new guy. I'll ask things like, "What is the potential here?" And "What will be the outcome of this?" Sometimes I'll more generally ask the cards if marriage is in my future.

I routinely get negative or "no" readings: outcomes of 5 of Wands, 7 of Swords, 5 of Swords, 8 of Swords. Just things that, essentially, do NOT make me want to continue to date, and that make me feel a lack of hope for the future. I wondered if anyone else had experiences like this with the tarot where, even before you're out of the gate, you're wanting to just stay put because, you know, "What's the point?"

What Marina said! Beautifully put! And WinterRose too:heart:

Ok, here is my answer. :grin: Firstly, you need to remember that when you ask a question about the future like "What is the potential here?" that the future is NOT set in stone and can be changed. Most of the time you can change the future given in the Tarot cards, if you decide to once you know where you are heading.

If you get the answer that there is not a potential with someone you wish there is one with, you don't have to stop there. You can ask more questions such as "Why is there no potential with this person?" (knowing why can help you correct the situation) "What steps can I take now to correct that problem?" What steps can I take that will help increase the potential of being in a caring, loving (or whatever kind of relationship you hope for with the person) relationship with "X"? etc and so forth. Then you take the advice, follow the steps and you ought to be able to create a much greater potential for happiness between you two.

Oh and don't forget to ask the cards "What can you tell me now that will give me a true sense of hope about my romantic future?" and "What can you tell me now that will give me back my deep sense of hope for the future in this area of my life?"....In other words, if you're not liking the answers you're getting in Tarot, change the questions. Ask instead how to creaet what you want, not just where you are heading in the moment. Different questions give different answers.

Those are my suggestions, feel free to tailor the questions to taste. :grin:

Babs

nisaba

Shebelle said:
I wondered if anyone else had experiences like this with the tarot where, even before you're out of the gate, you're wanting to just stay put because, you know, "What's the point?"
I did the opposite: I went on to have a relationship when there were very clear Tarot indications I shouldn't. I looked at the cards, and judged that the "negatives" were other people surrounding her, and assumed I could help her cope. Instead, it was not how they affected her life, but how she affected mine. Cards to do with lies and violence. I ended up being basically under house arrest and regularly assaulted. The police didn't want to know. It took years, literally years to escape.

If there are negative indications in more than one card - DON'T GO THERE!