Do you record your readings?

Silver Crow

Since taking tarot to the internet I decided to start digitally recording my readings and then e-mailing them to my clients after the session. I've done it this way for a few readings and they really seem to like this.

Does anyone else do this? I'm currently using an Olympus 7600 which is working well but it's seen better days so may need to upgrade soon. If you do record your sessions, what are you using?

Toxicmage

I currently don't, but I know other readers and they all record their readings and e-mail them to the seeker. I think that's sort of standard practice now..right?

I know I am sort of behind the times here, but I am definately going to check into it. I keep talking myself out of it because I only read part-time, but I can't be a dinosaur forever lol.

214red

i think some people still use tape but to me its old hat, and if you use tape then you dont have a copy for yourself, and in these days in the UK since you can be sued , it makes sense to keep a copy on file

Silver Crow

That's what I was wondering, if it was common practice now. I was out of the loop for a while and with the internet and everything else coming into tarot reading, technology kind of passed me by. I like the fact that we both can keep a copy an it's easy to store - I'm using an online storage service just in case.

SunChariot

Silver Crow said:
Since taking tarot to the internet I decided to start digitally recording my readings and then e-mailing them to my clients after the session. I've done it this way for a few readings and they really seem to like this.

Does anyone else do this? I'm currently using an Olympus 7600 which is working well but it's seen better days so may need to upgrade soon. If you do record your sessions, what are you using?

Since I only read online, yes I save and print a copy for myself after sending. I have a file for each client. In case they want me to look up a former reading to compare notes.

Babs

mimiraj

Almost all of the readings I have done has been by email. I keep a copy of the reading I have sent. I also note and describe the card to the client if I did not take a photo of the card/s and include them. I keep a copy of all the readings I have done.
mimiraj

JBerry

recording readings

My current practice is to record all readings manually in a journal; or to type them up in my word processor and tape them into the journal as well as keeping them on file in my computer.

I get requests for long distance readings. So far, I do the reading solo. Then I type up and send a detailed reading with photos of the layout(s). Sometimes we follow up by phone or by e-mail.

I work very hard to sublimate my rational mind so as to facilitate a connection with Divine Spirit (and helpers). Because I'm not comfortable with most technology, including telephones, I find that it is too distracting to mess with technology when I am in a semi-trance state. My method of activating the Spiritual World is most effective when I am in the presence of the Querant and the Querant is able to vocalize.

Probie

mimiraj said:
Almost all of the readings I have done has been by email. I keep a copy of the reading I have sent.

Ditto for my email readings. After I know it's received (I Bcc myself to make sure it went through), I go back and put in a "_________" for their name and the name of their SO (most are love or relationship readings, though career has made gains for obvious reasons).

I use Word 2007, so if I give the reading a title in a heading font (never given to querents), you can use the auto table of contents feature to organize them.

So I have a title page, title font on top with a copied pic underneath of the High Priestess card from the Golden Tarot (Kat Black), whom I've dubbed St. Hildegard von Bingen (Black is wrong, doesn't have a papal tiara but a mitre/miter which "could" be worn by an abbess but never was in practice and she has a simple crosier & book, besides all Pope Joan pics have the woman holding a baby), then a date, and my name.

Page two is the table of contents, an auto function under the "references" tab on the far left, but you will need to create page numbers. I choose to check the box for "first page different" so St. Hildegard (look her up, she is so cool! A total mystic, composer, spiritual director, scientist, and leader - wow!) is above the fray that she looks down on. You can then click on the "table of contents" and it will let you re-configure the table for either page number or title modifications.

I'm finishing up the fifth one today (continue to "copy document", "paste", and "rename" as a higher volume) as my email readings have been predominantly pro-bono/pay-it-forward/karma/do-a-good-turn-daily stuff & I do one per day. After I get done, make a zip folder and put them all in there.

I used to do pictures, but then moved to links. All my fav four [reading] decks were found here, given to me courtesy of AT's very own Gregory. It's a bit mish-mash to find your deck (if it's there), but the companies have already agreed to allow them to stay up for "personal use" (they were required to send a "cease & desist" letter right away, so their non-action is considered tacit agreement to a "non-copyright infringement use only" policy - don't print a deck from them, no matter what the de-enabling thread folks say! ;)). The links are cleaner, easier to store, and give the querent the option of looking or not. We love the cards, positions, & esoterics, but as my wife reminded me they may find that an inconvenience.

For the reading, I just do it and have my digital recorder rolling as though I were having a running commentary in my head. I go between 3-7 minutes for this part. I store the voice files, but they're mainly for me to re-create the reading. I can burn them to a CD and I have all the goods to get them to folks (blank CDs, gem cases, padded envelopes, a home scale with official stamp printing for the post, etc.), but no real interest yet.

Tapes seem almost an imposition. I got a tape in February for a reading I paid for, but we only have one 10+ year old radio/"boom box" that can play it. Also the file-to-CD burning will be flawless compared to the tape-to-tape copying process and will last longer too. They may only listen once, but the fact you were concerned about quality is an implicit way to say, "I'm a quality practitioner." Certainly can't hurt to say that any way you can...