How do you close your readings?

stardancer12

I was told that you close readings by counting backwards. What i mean if you have 5 card spread, when are done with reading you start with card 5,4,3,2 then 1. Is this true? How do yall close your readings?

Lillie

I say 'And that's about all I can tell you.' if I am reading for someone else.

Then I push all the cards that are out into a heap in the middle and put them on top of the remaining deck and start shuffling them in.

Then I pick up the ones I dropped.

Alta

Like Lillie, when I have said all that I have to say, I stop. And reassemble my deck.

I have never heard of the counting thing.

Baroli

I have Looneytunes music come up and I say 'dyah, dyah, dyah, that's all folks!!!

Seriously,............I ask the client if there is anything else I can help them with, do they have any other questions for me.

SunChariot

I've never heard that one yet in all the years I've being reading. There's always something new coming up. :grin:

Well, I don't read in person. So....What I do when I read for myself....nothing really. When it's done it's just done, period. What I ddo when I am reading some someone else (professionally or for a friend), pretty much the same, nothing.

I might write something at the end along the lines of "I hope that helped you, let me know if you have any questions about anything or if I can do anything else for you."

But I don't DO anything really. Except that when I add the cards back into the deck, I uprigth any reversed ones so the deck is all facing the same way again before I store it (in case i decide not to use reversals in the next reading, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't) shuffle two or three times and put the deck away.

Babs

Kimberlee

I've actually read this somewhere. The process described is that if you lay out five cards, you are supposed to pick them back up in reverse order. That is supposed to affect the flow of energy of the reading, and signal that you're done.

I don't ascribe to it. If it works for you, that's great! But you are under no compulsion to do so.

~Kimberlee

SunChariot

Lillie said:
Then I pick up the ones I dropped.

Always good advice. :grin: I follow that myself.

Babs

stardancer12

very good advice. I close my reading by counting my cards down.

nisaba

I tell the client that I've run out of words, and do they need me to clarify anything or are there any issues the reading hasn't touched. Then when they're all done, I thank them, invite them to come by in a couple of months and let me know how things are going, get paid, say goodbye, and shuffle the reading off the deck I was using.

As a qualified person, I count people into and out of hypnosis. I've never thought of doing a reading with the client in a hypnotic trance before, and I don't really like it. If I were to try it at any stage, I'd count them out of it.

214red

i do try to finish on a positive card, so if i have time i will pull an additional advice card or a archangel or asc master card