Show me a good reading, please

Carla

I've been watching readings on YouTube, and I was just wondering. Does anyone here know of clips of really good, fluid readers for me to watch? I have never done or had a reading out loud, only online. I wonder what a good reader sounds like. I imagine someone who doesn't do a lot umming and ahhing or talk a load of bollocks about how 'they' read. I want to see someone reading the cards fluently and confidently. It will give me something to shoot for, because I am going to start practising doing my own readings out loud and I'd like a benchmark.

Any links?

AJ

that is a good question!
And practicing reading aloud is an excellent idea. We don't talk as smoothly as we think, and those first verbal readings can really lurch rather than flow.

yirabeth

This really is a good idea, I'd be interested in seeing some also. I thought, no problem, because I "kind of" read for my daughter in law regularly -- but she at least has a passing knowledge of the cards, and while the cards usually aren't out in front of me, her only deck is the Gilded which is the one I know best. So we have a discussion kind of, with me mentioning aspects of the card that may change her meaning etc.

So yeah I'll be watching this space also :)

~Yira

Le Fanu

I shall be watching this thread! I have always wondered about what a really good reading would be like.

I had one once but it is always good to see more. And there are many different types! I was in a shopping centre and there were all these little arabic tents set up and a sign saying "Esoteric Fair". They were selling crystals and there were people doing readings (cards/ runes); 10 euros each. I went into a tent which had a guy reading tarot. He knew nothing about me and he did a reading for me and it was so fluid, so succinct, no waffle, no flim-flam vagueness, no probing questions. The reading lasted about 5 or 6 minutes. Only that. True, it was accurate but I marvelled at the economy of words. I think I would waffle far too much!

It is well worth having a live, in-the-flesh good reading just so you can see how others do it!

Sinduction

I vote that Dan guy films a reading. :D

Miss Divine

Here's 2 of that I know...

Wadjitstar
Denmelip1978

yirabeth

I'd forgotten a friend here had sent me a video of a reading done for her -- the guy who did it has quite a few up at Youtube. I believe he's a member here..but I don't know for sure. (His page doesn't say) Anyway here's his youtube page ---

http://www.youtube.com/user/TarotOracle

~Yira

Libra8ca

Miss Divine said:
Here's 2 of that I know...

Wadjitstar
Denmelip1978

Denmelip1978 is really good; actually watching her videos is what got me interested in tarot again :bugeyed: I even ordered a video reading from her and it was quite good (about 70-80% accurate) which is not too bad....

http://www.youtube.com/user/denmelip1978#g/u

Silver Crow

TarotOracle's videos sound great, but I can't watch with the camera moving like that. :(