Does this happen to anyone else?

Asbestos Mango

I've been noticing something lately with my readings.

I'm a CC girl, it was the first spread I learned, but I can work with other types of spreads as well. But what I'm finding is this...

Generally, the more cards in a spread, the better the reading I give (up to fifteen, beyond that I think is overkill). I've found that I need at least a five-card cross-shaped spread in order to give any kind of a reading. I've tried to do three card readings, but they never really seem to make sense. It's like I need the extra cards, and positions, to contextualize a reading. Most of the really good readings I do are with a CC.

I know plenty of people can work with three cards, but to me, I don't know, I guess I just need more context before I can tell what's really going on with a reading.

Does anyone else have this problem, if indeed it is a problem? I figure there are some people who can do a short and sweet three card reading no problem, and others who need more detail.

Any comments?

Miss Divine

Yeah my sister (when she still read tarot) always did the CC spread.
I'm the opposite!

But the CC spread was the first she learned and never used anything else. She was a damn good reader too!

Lillie

Everyone's different.

I like the CC too, but I do shorter spreads as well. One card, three cards.

I like the horseshoe spread. That's a useful little spread to have.

Don't know how good my readings are.
OK I hope.

gregory

I love to do one card readings.

...then again, I'm weird... :D

Nytebugg

I like CC for some things. for little readings I like 3-5 cards or 7. Occasionally i will do one card draws of advice or even the dreaded yes/no. anything over 15 cards and my head kind of spins. I have done a covered CC before and that was manageable.

SunChariot

Nope I almost never use more than 3 cards per question. I also never use spreads really unless someone makes me, like in an AT exchange. But that doesn't mean anything. We are all different and we all read differently...all of which is perfectly normal.:grin:

Personally I never was a CC person. I did my first two readings or so with it, as someone told me you HAD to read with it. Then I dropped it completley and never did it again.

Babs

Libra8ca

I find the more cards you use, the more information you get but the downside is that you can end up with more conflicting / confusing information. Celtic cross can be great for more complex issues particularly if several people are involved in the issue. I love doing 6-month / yearly readings with 1 card for 1 month.
I find with 1-3 cards the message is usually clearer and it's sufficient for one question.

Miss Divine

gregory said:
I love to do one card readings.

...then again, I'm weird... :D

I like 'em too!:D

Kissa

I do ZERO card readings nowadays, everyday, that's a routine I stick to.

Well, seriously, 4 (up to 5!!!) cards is my max for a reading but then again, it is most of the time either 1 or 3 card readings.

I'd rather get the juice of one card, with the pulp and the accidental seeds than the over-diluted sweetened distant taste of something vaguely familiar ;-)

NorthernTigress

I personally prefer smaller spreads: 3, 4 or 5 are the norm for me. Single cards can sometimes bring me an insight, or else just help me to understand the card itself.

Huge spreads overwhelm me. Not long ago I saw a thread in Tarot Spreads called "This Spread Uses 78 Cards! And is Awesome!" -- I took one look at it and physically cringed. Even the Celtic Cross is too much for me; especially considering there seems to be a hundred different versions of it.