Keen Woes - What to Make of It?

Probie

Keen has been a mixed bag for me and I'm trying to make sense of it. I tend to net out (make & lose for a net of zero) and some of the people have very unrealistic expectations & there's no way in the context to process them. I mean with my background in the US military, if I were a mind reader I could make the Gitmo experience oh so much more humane and lucrative for me.

I mean I can sort of see this as helpful, but wonder if this venue is worth it. What is your take on this site?

Probie

Nope, but I do now! :D Thank you for the referral. :thumbsup:

...actually, yes now that I followed your link. I've posted the second comment. I wanted to move the discussion specifically to my concerns about what it is. Is it a speed read site? What kind of readers grove on it & which ones don't? These sorts of things...

Baroli

I used to be on Keen and yes, clients (especially the ones who look for the newbie readers on Keen), will make you read very quickly because they don't want to pay your rate. They don't want to pay anything as a matter of fact, so they sit and wait for new readers to come on and then they jump on you. These are the clients that will ask the same question over and over again, hoping that you will give them an answer they want to hear.

Naaah, after a while I said this is bullsh*t and pulled out of Keen.

Probie

Oh, that explains the plugging for free minutes. Are all the minute-based reading sites like this?

Herzog

I just posted the same thing about Keen. Clients expect in-depth reading in under two minutes. A lot ask for free minutes and NEVER stay on longer. Plus Keen takes a percentage of EVERYTHING you make... including your BONUS'

Mostly what irks me are the Click fees...

Probie

I'm getting a thought like the US California gold rush...the folks that made the killing were the suppliers & middle men. I'm getting an eerie feeling I've been had. Though if I can show payments to me, I can write off Tarot decks & books as "business expenses"! :D

Probie

HerzogIsGod said:
A lot ask for free minutes and NEVER stay on longer.

I wonder if we compared user name lists...how many would be the same. :laugh:

And they wonder why they don't have an SO in their life! All that "-" karma from fliching readers + the kind of person that does that = no partner. Don't need to pull a card to answer that...

shelikes2read

Probie said:
Keen has been a mixed bag for me and I'm trying to make sense of it. I tend to net out (make & lose for a net of zero) and some of the people have very unrealistic expectations & there's no way in the context to process them. I mean with my background in the US military, if I were a mind reader I could make the Gitmo experience oh so much more humane and lucrative for me.

I mean I can sort of see this as helpful, but wonder if this venue is worth it. What is your take on this site?
Besides the fact that Keen takes a percentage of the earnings, what fees are associated with being a reader for the service?

shelikes2read

Probie said:
I wonder if we compared user name lists...how many would be the same. :laugh:

And they wonder why they don't have an SO in their life! All that "-" karma from fliching readers + the kind of person that does that = no partner. Don't need to pull a card to answer that...
Oy. Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if they play "reader roulette" until they get someone whose reading is telling them what they want to hear, into the bargain. Trouble is, a) the rest of the world does not work that way, so if they are similarly selective on "acceptable" SOs, they'll be waiting a long time for Mister or Miss Right. And b) a phony reading is not giving them the kind of feedback they NEED in order to help them adapt their approach to finding a SO.

So those are people who'll be playing Reader Roulette for a long time, with no change in their lives to show for it. I work with a different phone service, but it seems like that sort of person is among the clientele no matter what service it is. Fortunately, not everyone is like that.