Tarot reading through Nature?

Cicero

This might fit better in the my readings, but I think it's so odd and miscellanious it could fit here too.

First off, Happy Summer Solstice to everyone! Goddess bless thee!

This year I decided to use tarot in the celebration ritual. So I go outside fully intending to channel the goddess through my cards. I've often done spirit guide spreads so I wanted to see what the goddess wanted to say to me. It was really, great I'm meditating I'm relaxed, trying to push away my wordly thoughts to just 'listen' to the earth.

Of course I'm trying to lay out my cards, but none of them seem right. No matter how many times I lay the spread. Nothing makes sense or is 'readable'. I spend the rest of the time just laying back against the grass listening to all sorts of birds chirp and the owls hoot. The cat this year decided to join me and so she sat off to the side.

The odd thing here and the point of my story is, as I get up to leave, my ritual over, I stop. I can feel the presence stronger than ever. A great sense of being a woman, and fertile and feminie comes over me. I hear a voice call to me that says, 'bear the fruit'. I look over and I see two Cardianals, Male one and female one sitting together. A young man on his sleek motor bike is comming down the road. And on the power line above. Three birds are prancing about, playing and frolicking.

To me this reminded me of the tarot. I was the empress, the cardnials the lovers, the man on his bike the Emperor and the Three of Cups were the brids on the power line. The owls I kept hearing reminded me of the Hermit and the hanged man.

With this in mind, and it being the strangest experience with nature I've ever had, do you suppose I should read this as an actual reading? I mean, it really is strange even as spreads go. The Empress, lovers, emperor, 3 of cup, the hermit and the hanged man.

I would love to hear everyone's input. ^_^ and again, Happy Solstice!

Cicero.

Grizabella

Well, it was certainly a new understanding of Tarot for you, wasn't it? Did you by any chance write them down in the order you noticed these things and try to do a reading using those cards that you were reminded of? If you didn't, it might be quite interesting for you to do that.

Thanks for sharing with us. I enjoyed reading about it.

Sinduction

I think She was telling you that you don't need the cards in order to communicate with Her.

nisaba

Cicero said:
This might fit better in the my readings, but I think it's so odd and miscellanious it could fit here too. I hear a voice call to me that says, 'bear the fruit'.

do you suppose I should read this as an actual reading?

<warm smile> I'd see it more as you and the Goddess communicating directly without the filter of Tarot between you. The more you encourage spiritual experiences, the more often you will have them.

BTW, read the letters of Marcus Tullius Cicero one day - you'll enjoy them. Fabulous writer!

Cicero

Actually, I have read the Cicero ^_^ 'Tis where I took my name from ^_^.

I must admit, other than panicking at the brazen mention of my fertility (pregnancy and children being two things I dearly hope not to experience for a very long time) it was a very pleasent experience.

I don't usually get a chance to sit out a meditate and just 'be'. So it was very nice for the first day of summer, my favorite season ^_^.

SarahRacheal

Cicero thank you for posting this :)
I think it sounds lovely and a great start to your solstice. Nisaba in my thoughts is right, the goddess doesn't really need tarot to get messages to you she does it anyway she see's fit and the more attention you give her messages the more she communicates :)

astroandtarot

its a lovely experience you have.

Umbrae

Tarot (IMO) is but a tool, a crescent wrench in the spiritual tool box.

Sounds like you had yours adjusted well, and you unbolted a blinder and let in more light.

Kewlness...