Your own, internal tarot kitchen

daphne

Shuffling today my cards, I realized, even I am not that into that rituals/centering/meditation etc stuff, I still have my own little, spontaneous little rituals/gestures regarding the tarot cards I always do. And I guess everybody have them, conscious or not.

My example - for instance, I keep my deck in a box and when I`m finished, I always put back the cards face down. Today, for the first time, I guess my mind is wandering, I looked back to check if they were faced down. This is how I noticed what I do.

What about yours, what do you always do, little things connected to you deck/reading?

SkadisPhoenix

One thing with me is that whenever I'm stressed or upset, I will get the cards and just shuffle them, even if I'm not asking a question, the feel of the cards helps to calm me down. Wierdly, if I do it with playing cards, it doesn't have the same affect!

daphne

SkadisPhoenix said:
One thing with me is that whenever I'm stressed or upset, I will get the cards and just shuffle them, even if I'm not asking a question, the feel of the cards helps to calm me down. Wierdly, if I do it with playing cards, it doesn't have the same affect!

Beautiful!

Le Fanu

I just cannot, cannot, cannot put my cards away with a negative card facing up. No way!

So if Im about to put them away and The Tower, 3 of Swords, Death, or whatever (I know, I know, all cards have positive and negative aspects) is uppermost, I pull out another card, shuffle again, to get something else facing up.

canid

I'm with you there, Le Fanu. I don't reshuffle tho, I just move it. And I always have to randomly slide all the cards back in the deck after a reading, not just leave them sequentially on top or bottom. When I shuffle, the first is overhand, second is underhand, then three more overhand. If my mind wanders from the topic, I start over.

daphne

canid said:
And I always have to randomly slide all the cards back in the deck after a reading, not just leave them sequentially on top or bottom.

Hehe, I do exactly the same, but one by one, sliding back randomly!

Alta

Several of those mentioned:

- I always leave the deck with a positive card facing up.

- I always return the cards from reading randomly into the deck.

- I always place the cards for a reading face down at first.

AJ

I don't leave the deck face up so never thought about a negative card glaring at me

I keep the deck I'm working with in a gorgeous glass napkin holder.
I never reorder my decks unless I'm selling them.
I shuffle twice, sometimes three times, take the top 1/3, move it to the back, shuffle again, and fan.
I pull the cards and lay them face down in their positions, then turn them all up before reading.
I return those cards randomly to the deck.
Shuffle, lay in their beautiful cradle

Simple recipe, works for me.

daphne

AJ said:
I keep the deck I'm working with in a gorgeous glass napkin holder.

I try to imagine this, how it would look like. In a glass...

Morwenna

I too always put a positive card on top of the deck before putting it away. It helps when I take the deck out again to see a positive picture.