I feel like a rock star (or at least the little fat one from Il Divo)

Carla

I don't know where to post this, but I did 23 readings in two days over at the Reading Exchange forum and I feel great! I absolutely loved doing and hope I have a lot of quiet time again soon so I can do it again.

This is giving me the courage to do a live reading. That is my ultimate goal. Face to face, live readings!

Nevada

Carla said:
I don't know where to post this, but I did 23 readings in two days over at the Reading Exchange forum and I feel great! I absolutely loved doing and hope I have a lot of quiet time again soon so I can do it again.

This is giving me the courage to do a live reading. That is my ultimate goal. Face to face, live readings!
It's a lot different to read for others, isn't it? I usually find it energizing, at least online readings. I haven't done that much face to face, at least not for strangers.

Wow, 23 is a lot! :)

Golden Moon

I know what you feel Carla... It's very rewarding :).

Umbrae

Carla said:
...This is giving me the courage to do a live reading. That is my ultimate goal. Face to face, live readings!

F2F is when the real fun kicks in...

Net readings blow chunks in comparison.

nisaba

Umbrae said:

Hey look, shut up, Umbrae! Let her enjoy.

I love face to face. I enjoy exchanges. Both are fun, they just fel different.

With forum or email exchanges, you have to read the CARDS - you can't read the body language or the energy-fields of the sitter. It keeps you honest. If you can read online, face-to-face is a doddle.

Grizabella

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For Umbrae, face-to-face does blow chunks compared to internet reading. Same for me. Internet readings may keep some people honest but for others it might not. It might provide irresistible urges to peek at the books. Who knows? It could tempt somebody not quite so honest. If I were to choose for myself how to get a reading, it would be face-to-face any time. Besides that, she said her ultimate goal is to do in-person readings, so he didn't tell her she shouldn't enjoy doing the internet readings. He just gave his opinion to encourage her to move on to face-to-face readings. I don't see anything wrong with that. :)

Silver Crow

Wow Carla - way to go. The more practice you get the more ready you will be with your first face to face meeting.

Also - maybe a few phone readings with people you know will be a great next step. It requires you to think on your feet and keep a flow but you don't get the same butterflies you would in person.

Skype is also a great alternative to face to face while learning. I'm sure there are many AT'ers that have Skype that would be happy to sit for you. And you don't have to do it camera style, just talking will work too and that way phone numbers can be kept private.

Good job though! That many readings in a day would wear me right out!

Debra

I followed some of your readings, Carla. You're doing great--rock on, gal!

Carla

Umbrae said:

Blows chunks? LOL That's a little too vivid for me for 7.30 in the morning. Whoa. :)

I know what you mean, though. I am eager to do F2F readings. But I'm enjoying the challenge of just reading for other people no matter what the format right now.

I do think I did too many over the weekend. By the end, I was quite tired and just rattling something off, and the feedback reflects that I wasn't as accurate as earlier.

Carla

Grizabella said:
It might provide irresistible urges to peek at the books. Who knows? :)

I didn't look at books for my readings except when I used the Fairy Tale tarot and really wasn't getting anything from the card image without reading the fairy tale first. But Mary K Greer advocates the use of books as one of the 21 ways to read a tarot card. So I don't think there's anything wrong with looking at the books now and then, particularly if they're just practice readings. Personally, I wouldn't do it during a F2F, which is why I would only use decks I feel quite proficient with for F2F, whereas for online practice, it's a good chance to use the decks and the books to read for someone other than myself.