What Happened?

GoddessArtemis

I've been reading tarot for 25 years. Over the past 8 years, I was doing especially well with my readings, getting lots of intuitive flashes, etc., that lead to in-depth, accurate readings.

For the past 6-8 months, I've been very busy in life and decided to give tarot a rest. Recently, I picked it up again to read for a few friends (and occasionally, myself), and you'd think I've never read tarot before!

I know all the meanings of the cards, of course, but I'm not getting any flashes/zaps/zings...nada that are intuitive and/or earth-shattering. The cards look like cards and, in fact, unlike before when I used to have a high percentage rate of accuracy with my readings...now it's basically quite crap. I can't read for others, nor for me. I look at the cards and they make very little sense to me.

Has this happened to anyone? Why? And how do you overcome it, if possible. If I've lost the ability to read tarot altogether, that'd make me sad. :(

GA

AmethystEyes

Aw, GA I'm sorry you feel this way. I don't think anyone could ever "lose" their ability. For one I think we are all capable of reading tarot, just comes naturally to some. Could just be something you are going through right now. We all have times when we do a reading and just sit there like this :bugeyed: and got nothing goin on upstairs.....hopefully thats not just me :laugh:
Maybe you need to clear your mind. Clear out any stress you have been having. Maybe try some mediation. Ground yourself.
Don't lose hope. You may just need some time to get back on your feet.
:heart:

GoddessArtemis

DevilishAngel said:
Aw, GA I'm sorry you feel this way. I don't think anyone could ever "lose" their ability. For one I think we are all capable of reading tarot, just comes naturally to some. Could just be something you are going through right now. We all have times when we do a reading and just sit there like this :bugeyed: and got nothing goin on upstairs.....hopefully thats not just me :laugh:
Maybe you need to clear your mind. Clear out any stress you have been having. Maybe try some mediation. Ground yourself.
Don't lose hope. You may just need some time to get back on your feet.
:heart:
Thank you. :)

That's a good face you made :)bugeyed:) because that's exactly what's going on. People ask me to read for them and I agree, then do a reading and sit there and go...huh, I have noooo idea what this means. But it keeps happening, even if I try to focus/meditate/etc.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

GA

214red

i dont think you ever loose your ability, it often changes. Maybe its saying that you dont need the cards to do a reading?
This has happened to me recently, and it was urging me to leave the cards behind and read without them

Nik

GoddessArtemis

214red said:
i dont think you ever loose your ability, it often changes. Maybe its saying that you dont need the cards to do a reading?
This has happened to me recently, and it was urging me to leave the cards behind and read without them

Nik
Maybe...but I love my cards! Why don't they love me back anymore? It's like they've stopped speaking to me.

GA

214red

GoddessArtemis said:
Maybe...but I love my cards! Why don't they love me back anymore? It's like they've stopped speaking to me.

GA
its like a first love, it comes back...

LovelyMissAries

Oh this happens to me too and I read every single day! Sometimes you just have off days, but if you push through it you'll find your groove again. Everyone is right, you never actually lose your ability to read cards but sometimes your mind is so stressed that it's hard to have fluid, intuitive insights you can go off of.

jcwirish

I agree that any level of stress can affect your readings. If you've been really busy and are worried or stressed about things, I think it could be affecting your interaction with the cards. It's not that you've lost your abilities. I think there may just be things on your mind, or maybe even things you're not really aware of that are getting in the way. This has happened to me. Don't worry. It'll come back. maybe some meditation and relaxation exercises would help. :)

GoddessArtemis

Guys and dolls, I've been trying to get my tarot mojo back for 2 weeks! Isn't that a long time to just get zero intuitive feedback? The cards just don't want to play. How long do you think it'll be before I might actually be able to read? It feels like I've misplaced a part of my brain. :laugh:

GA

Glass Owl

Maybe it's time for a fresh start, using a new deck that calls out to you.