Very Annoying Tarot Purchase Cancellation

VGimlet

Early this week I realized one of the "color your own" tarot decks looked like it was going out of print - "My Tarot", the one by Sharmen...

Since it was on my wanted list I looked it up on half.com, and found a copy still available at the remainder price (14.00 or something, which was the average up until a month ago, including on Amazon) from a VERY well known seller.

Imagine my surprised and anger this morning when I found out that this seller CANCELLED MY ORDER, and JACKED UP THE PRICE to over 200 dollars more!!!!

Bogus!!!!!

It is still showing available but out of stock from Amazon, so I re-ordered it from them. GRRRR!

Hathor

That's despicable ! It really pisses me off the things that people do for a buck. I really doubt that anyone will be willing to fork up $200 and change for that set. Hopefully this greedy seller will get to keep it for him/herself forever.

olivia1

VGimlet said:
Early this week I realized one of the "color your own" tarot decks looked like it was going out of print - "My Tarot", the one by Sharmen...

Since it was on my wanted list I looked it up on half.com, and found a copy still available at the remainder price (14.00 or something, which was the average up until a month ago, including on Amazon) from a VERY well known seller.

Imagine my surprised and anger this morning when I found out that this seller CANCELLED MY ORDER, and JACKED UP THE PRICE to over 200 dollars more!!!!

Bogus!!!!!

It is still showing available but out of stock from Amazon, so I re-ordered it from them. GRRRR!

That is just wrong. unfortunately this isn't an isolated incident. something similar has also happened to me in the past

gregory

That SO sucks. In the UK it would even be illegal, I think.

It's £33 on abe. But - HERE IT IS - and ONE is reasonably priced ! 6 copies. (It's in GREECE !!!!!)

But - TAROTGARDEN HAS IT IN STOCK ! The complete pack with one b/w and one coloured deck and the book. Search "complete".

Dusk Till Dawn

Exact same thing happened to me with the Bookdepository last year. They cancelled my order, and then asked twice as much for it.I hate when that happens.

rwcarter

I'd try reporting the seller to half.com. Let them know that the item was advertised for a certain price, you bought it and then the seller canceled your order and jacked the price way up.

gregory

Yes - forgot that - they have POLICIES!

Alissa

One word... karma. ;)

Some sellers grok that, some sellers don't.

SphinYote

I don't recall what it is called, but not too long ago I got a kit from BN that had both the full color and the CYO copy of the Sharman-Casselli for fairly cheap, along the guidebook. So if that's still available, you might want to keep an eye out and see. If I remember, I'll try to check for the title of that kit tonight (but as absent-minded as I am, don't hold your breath on that).

If that's the deck you're referring to?