what draws me to this thing of ours

Herzog

For me, it's a combination of artwork on those decks I love, and the opportunity to tap into something much bigger than myself

They're just so damn mysterious, aren't they?

Marcia959

It's the medium through which I can experience so many levels from the mundane to the sublime. It makes the Big Swirl momentarily clearer. And it feeds my synesthesia too!

Le Fanu

The art obviously, but for me the compact-ness is a major factor.

It is my equivalent of those beautifully compact missal/prayerbooks which the Victorians never travelled without. Something compact, with scope for reflection to really lift me out of (and at the same time take me into) myself.

As if immediate contemplation or meditation were at my fingertips.

Of course there's the predictiveness but I don't seek solace from tarot cards just because they might predict something. The idea of all those symbols and that mysteriousness compressed and in my bag in a lovely pouch, is just heaven for me!

Alta

I like the way that they mysteriously open my mind.

Le Fanu

Oh and that they really "trained" / sharpened/ whatever you want to call it/ my repressed intuition.

Herzog

They're satisfying on so many levels. Even the historical or research end of it.

Glitterbird

Endlessly fascinating! I love when I have an "ah-ha" moment. And I see something in a completely different way. That I would have never thought of without the help of the cards.

Then on top of that, they are mini works of art!

chrissydogz

i happen to enjoy the art work and symbolism as well. ever since i was a kid i loved to just play with tarot cards and look at them. when i was a little girl i thought the 8 of cups were missles lol and that the cups were milkshakes.

SunChariot

definitely both those things. The artwork is a joy. But mostly the chance to tap into something bigger than myself is the biggest draw for me.

Also the chance to understand life on a deeper level. To have answers to almost anything I can ask. The chance to know and even to form my future in the way I choose. The ability to make better decisions. The comfort of feeling safe in knowing the future you want is on its way, I think I could go on for days....but I will stop there. LOL

Babs

Rosanne

Here is my reasons in someone else's words.

The study of symbolism is not mere erudition; it concerns man's knowledge of himself. Symbolism is an instrument of knowledge and the most ancient and fundamental method of expression, one which reveals aspects of reality which escape other modes of expression.
Although the full potent cannot be captured and imprisoned within the confines of any written word, there exists a large body of images which is traditional and constitutes an international language transcending the normal limits of communication. Tarot.

~Rosanne