Cleansing Your Tarot Cards

Equanimity

Hi Everyone,

I use Tarot to read for myself and for my friends. Sometimes I find them a bit muddy when dealing with them. I keep my Tarot Cards in a white organza bag with a rose quartz and a clear quartz. I was just curious to know how others cleanse their Tarot Cards.

Sometimes I just drop them on the grounds to knock off the negative energy. Any other suggestions?

Namaste

Le Fanu

Does dropping them on the ground knock out negative energy? I've never heard that.

I can't remember the last time I cleansed my cards, except when I received a 2nd hand 1st edition of the Alchemical Tarot and some cards had - I think - (baby?) sick on them so I got some moist anti-bacterial wipes to deal with it. Other than that I don't think I do it.

I think just loving them as I do is enough.

nisaba

I shuffle them briefly before a reading, then shuffle them briefly after a reading again. Does the job.

I also don't live a particularly "dirty" life, energetically speaking.

Rasa

ditto what Nisaba said.

To me, shuffling is clearing, waking up the deck (as much as one can wake an inanimate object!), and stirring up the stories in the pack so that it's ready to say what it's going to say.

I don't cleanse many things, because I'm of the school of thought that it's good when tools accumulate energy, and stories and experiences, and dna from the oils in the fingertips of whoever touches it...

New decks often feel sterile to me, because they haven't quite 'accumulated' anything yet... give me a well-worn, dirty cards, bent-and-torn deck, any day, and I will be more pleased.

Also, it's inevitable that any deck I'm using regularly is going to get a bit of tea spilled on it at some point, and that just adds character.. no moist wipes necessary! :p

Rasa

eww, Le Fanu......... ok, yeah. In your case, the wet wipes were essential.

little tea spills = delicious for the cards
sick = NO.

edited to add:
I hope that you complained to whoever sent you the crusty cards, and/or didn't pay too much for them. ;)

Miss Divine

I never feel I need to cleanse my cards either.

I have once given a deck to a person I read for several years ago though.
He was such a negative person, it gave me a real ick feeling. I think the reason I didn't want them anymore is because those cards would just keep reminding me of him.
Kinda a drastic measure maybe but hey, I never missed the deck.

nisaba

Miss Divine said:
He was such a negative person, it gave me a real ick feeling. I think the reason I didn't want them anymore is because those cards would just keep reminding me of him.
Over the years I;ve done a number of readings for "negative" people - including the infamous possible husband-poisoner I know I've talked about before - and I can't even recall what decks I used for them, let alone feel any supposed difference in the energies of those decks as opposed to my other ones.

A deck will feel like the reader who reads with it and has spent many hours with it, not the subjects who may spend a few minutes with it. If your own energy on a deck is so fragile that a lot of it can be disrupted by such a fleeting contact with anyone else ... well ... :bugeyed:

Miss Divine

nisaba said:
Over the years I;ve done a number of readings for "negative" people - including the infamous possible husband-poisoner I know I've talked about before - and I can't even recall what decks I used for them, let alone feel any supposed difference in the energies of those decks as opposed to my other ones.

A deck will feel like the reader who reads with it and has spent many hours with it, not the subjects who may spend a few minutes with it. If your own energy on a deck is so fragile that a lot of it can be disrupted by such a fleeting contact with anyone else ... well ... :bugeyed:

No my energy isn't fragile Nisaba...I just didn't want to be reminded of that person anymore. He is/was a murder suspect in the death of his then girlfriend. At first it looked like an accident but I later found out that wasn't the case.
I don't know if he ever ended up in jail in the end, I have no contact anymore.

Just because someone has been in and out of jail doesn't make someone a negative person IMO (yeah I know a few). It's just that they've made some bad choices, and hopefully they learn from it. However, none of them have killed someone. And at the time of the reading with that ick person, I didn't even know he was a murder suspect. So my ick feeling was not uncalled for!