Is it wrong to be excited?

Nocturnal Lure

I am really excited…

The shop where I do my readings recently had a customer who wanted information about cleansing a deck. At the end of the conversation with the store owner the lady had decided to get rid of the deck. The store owner was reminded about something I had said about looking for a dark or even “evil” deck. So the lady has now dropped off the deck for me to pick up, for free.

According to the info I have the deck was second hand (even to her) and was previously owned by someone regarded as violent, seriously confused and perhaps even evil. As the story goes this man(?) had committed suicide or was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital. The deck is “The Titania tarot” with which I had no previous experience.

I am terribly excited about trying it out and to see if the negative energy can actually be picked up. But I also feel kind of guilty about feeling this way. Like choosing for the bad guy in a movie, am I making sense?

Normally I am moderately skeptic about all this. Regarding Tarot I usually hold little value to rituals and rules and even though I believe the system itself holds something arcane I do not truly believe the cards are guided by anything spiritual.

But man, I am excited about this one…. I’ll let you know what happened when I pick up the deck.

Grigori

I think all Titania decks are evil.... and ugly }) LOL But wish you lots of fun with yours regardless :)

rabid

I'd be excited too. While I don't think the deck's history will effect the cards, I think it will probably effect the way you look athe cards, and therefore the way you read them. It will be interesting to see how it goes!

gregory

If it were me, I would disregard the history. The fact that you are thrilled will leave it as clean as you need. The baggage stays with the previous owner, IMHO. But good luck seeing if it doesn't !

It's a weird deck, mind - but to each his own !

MareSaturni

Grigori said:
I think all Titania decks are evil.... and ugly }) LOL But wish you lots of fun with yours regardless :)

I have her two decks and I really like them. They are colorful and fun. The books are... interesting in a completely off the wall way.

But I don't see anything evil about them. In fact, I find the whole idea rather ludicrous.

gregory

I think grigori was trying to be funny ?

Never mind, grig :D

MareSaturni

gregory said:
I think grigori was trying to be funny ?

Never mind, grig :D

I know, but I think the decks absolutely do not look evil! They look like colorful vector illustrations, lol! Maybe the previous owner suffered from vector-fobia.

But, Nocturnal Lure did get a deck for free...

Glass Owl

I just found this article online where the author says that she interviewed this psychic who "says she retires at least five decks of cards a year because a client may bring a ghost with them that just will not leave her deck."

When I read that, along with your post, all I could think of was how sad it is that so many decks are being tossed out or destroyed because someone fears that they are "haunted."

I am so happy that you have a new deck and that you enjoy it.

gregory

No - thinks the fact that the previous owner committed suicide etc may have rubbed off on the deck somehow !

Rosanne

Nocturnal Lure said:
I am really excited…
snipsnip..
But man, I am excited about this one…. I’ll let you know what happened when I pick up the deck.

Remember all the rules about dealing with evil :D
Wear Garlic wreathe, don't put your shoes on the table, don't go out the door you came in, stay away from ladders, don't pray backwards.....
and definitely don't get a fright and drown the cards in a bucket- they will turn to mush.
I like your passion, but looking at those cards it was the weird look that needed cleansing.......they would send me mad also.
Have fun!
~Rosanne