the upcoming Solar Eclispe... any info?

joya250

hi guys -- I was wondering if anybody had any info on this upcoming eclispe... what effects might it have, etc., etc.

I'm especially interested because it is happening on my birthday!!! :)

thanks, joya

purplefishy

Not only that, but the same day there's a new moon. Just interesting, I guess. Does it matter that the Sun is in Gemini during the eclipse?

jonesy

enjoy the eclipse :)

jonesy

all joking aside, the eclipse will usher in a new era in understanding. a paradigm shift if you will.... seem to be using that word a lot lately ???hmmmmm
happy eclipse joy
love
M

Noubaguy

Sorry for being so ignorant lol but ....when is this solar eclipse taking place?

joya250

haha -- oops, guess I should have posted the date instead of assuming y'all knew!

May 30th 11:09 EST... and it's 9 degrees in Gemini (whatever that means!)

paradoxx

just to add to the astrological mayhem. Saturns extended stay in Gemini (Thanks to a rather difficult Retrograde period that started at 29deg gemini as there are 30 [0-29] degrees in each sign) is coming to an end on June 3.

Those born on that day will feel the effects, but since the recent Scorpio Lunar Eclipse occured just recently, this should balance out some of the more painful transitions involved.

Also Mercury (ruler of both Gemin and Virgo) has recently gone direct in Taurus just before the Sun Tranitied to Gemini. So just to recap: Saturn had been retro and is going direct meeting its original retrograde point (29 deg gemini). Mercury, ruler of Gemini (and virgo) has been retrograde and is going direct in Taurus and will meet its retrograde point (20 some degree in Tau i think). And we have a Solar Eclipse on the Last day of May just shortly before Saturn leaves Gemini for another 20 some years.

Sun=vitalized energy and projection thereof
Mercury=communication and thought
Saturn-Restrictions and limitations
Moon=emotinonal energies

any restrictions of communications will been lifted, Emotions have been through their darkest moment (the lunar eclipse) and will have an effect on how our vitalized energy will be eclipsed in the coming week. Saturns jaunt through Gemini has been trying and difficult, with ups and downs in everywhich direction. Soon Saturn will enter Cancer, and then our emotional side will be tested like it has never been before.

Minderwiz

purplefishy said:
Not only that, but the same day there's a new moon. Just interesting, I guess. Does it matter that the Sun is in Gemini during the eclipse?

Not just interesting - its vital LOL

A New Moon is when the Moon occupies the same degree of Celestial longitude as the Sun - in this case they are both at 9 degrees 26 minutes of Gemini - A Moon/Sun conjunction or to put it in a slightly different way if we look in that direction we will see both of them.

The reason why all New Moons do not produce ecipses is that the Moon's orbit around the Earth is at an angle and therefore it differs in Celestial Latitude from the Sun for most of the occasions where there is a conjunction. Because the Sun is much brighter than the Moon, its light in effect overwhelms the Moon and we don't see the Moon at all at a New Moon.

On the relatively rare occasions when the Moon and the Sun coincide in both latitude and longitude we get an eclipse - the Moon is between us and the Sun and we can see both - or at least the circle of the Moon in front of, or overlapping the Sun.

The sign is which the eclipse occurs will change - its not always Gemini but will cycle through the signs over a length of time - However as there are many eclipse cycles that are underway at the same time (Saros Cycles) the pattern isn't necessarily easy to detect.

Noubaguy

Is it safe to look at the solar eclipse? I remember hearing that who ever looks at a solar eclipse becomes blind. Not sure if its true or not. I mean I can understand if you looks straight at the sun youll get hurt but....go blind? Wouldnt a very good pair of sunglasses be enough to see this phenomenon?

Keslynn

Noubaguy,
If your listed location is correct (Florida), then you won't be able to see the eclipse at all. It will be too late for east coasters to see it. :(

:) Kes