Need some advice

suxxie

Hi,

I'm fairly new to reading tarot and I also feel and hear things too...throught tarot or without.. Now I need some help from you more experienced tarot readers. I have been asking my tarot about a certain person who has appeared in my life and been receiving some very exciting messages through tarot... they seem to match up to what I felt from this person and from what my guides have told me.... now yesterday I had a message from my guides and it left me feeling very confident and renewed my belief that I do have a gift..... but this morning I have asked my tarot several questions and they have given me some really odd answers and very conflicting information which doesn't tally with yesterday.... I have gone on to ask my cards why and they have told me I have been told all I need to know and stop asking. They have confirmed with me that what I previously heard was correct.... Is this what tarot and guides do???? some comfirmation of this would be most welcome.

Thank you Sue

Alta

Hi suxxie,

Back in my tarot-break days when I used the I Ching exclusively I ran into this. In fact Hexagram 4 is this very explicitly and Wilhelm says that when you draw this one after repeated demands (i.e. asking the same thing over and over) it is called "Tugging at the robe of the Master". You have your answer, now stop asking is literally the message. If you keep on you will dilute and cloud your understanding on the issue.

Alta

suxxie

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The cards just seemed so random and didn't make sense together or the position drawn it was telling me all really negative stuff which wasn't making any sense to me.

Thanks Sue

Sulis

In my experience if you ask about the same situation over and over and over when nothing has actually changed in the situation the cards you get become more and more confusing and even contradictory.
You need to stop asking.
Step away from the cards.

JSNYC

Alta said:
In fact Hexagram 4 is this very explicitly and Wilhelm says that when you draw this one after repeated demands (i.e. asking the same thing over and over) it is called "Tugging at the robe of the Master". You have your answer, now stop asking is literally the message.
As soon as I read the first post I immediately thought of hexagram 4! :D

I agree with all the previous posts. When my cards start to get beligerent or start telling me that I am an idiot (my Tarot says that often ;) ), I know that the Tarot has already given me the message and I am just not listening...

Hexagram 4. Mêng / Youthful Folly
http://www2.unipr.it/~deyoung/I_Ching_Wilhelm_Translation.html#4

Yijing - Richard Wilhelm's translation said:
It is not I who seek the young fool;
The young fool seeks me.
At the first oracle I inform him.
If he asks two or three times, it is importunity.
If he importunes, I give him no information.

nisaba

suxxie said:
I have gone on to ask my cards why and they have told me I have been told all I need to know and stop asking.
This is only fair and proper. If you keep repeating questions, you are not respecting the answers you were first given (think about it). Asking for confirmation of something you know perfectly well many times over is disrespectful, as any teacher will tell you. If you don't respect your deck they start to give you garbage.

Hell, in the bit of your post that I quoted, the cards even told you the same thing!

Don[t ask trivial questions or questions you already know the answers to, and don't disrespect the answers you are given, and then your deck will work perfectly well.

NamasteIndia

suxxie said:
Hi,

I'm fairly new to reading tarot and I also feel and hear things too...throught tarot or without.. Now I need some help from you more experienced tarot readers. I have been asking my tarot about a certain person who has appeared in my life and been receiving some very exciting messages through tarot... they seem to match up to what I felt from this person and from what my guides have told me.... now yesterday I had a message from my guides and it left me feeling very confident and renewed my belief that I do have a gift..... but this morning I have asked my tarot several questions and they have given me some really odd answers and very conflicting information which doesn't tally with yesterday.... I have gone on to ask my cards why and they have told me I have been told all I need to know and stop asking. They have confirmed with me that what I previously heard was correct.... Is this what tarot and guides do???? some comfirmation of this would be most welcome.

Thank you Sue

Since you are a beginner you were probably not aware of this rule but remember Tarot is a Self respecting oracle and not a answering machine. It will guide you and give you answer once

If you keep on pestering it repeatedly about same question over and over again it will tell you gibberish things.

This used to happen with all the people for whom i read personally. If the answer they got was negative they would tell me to read it again...but i would tell them bluntly whatever first answer tarot gave is accurate and right and second round it will give gibberish answers.

SunChariot

suxxie said:
Hi,

Thank you Sue

Sue!

Welcome to the world of Tarot! :heart: I am so happy for you that you got such wonderful answer. I know how those answers can lift your heart and spirit. I have also in the process of getting some wonderful answers in a relationship that I hope to have. So I know that feeling and I'm so glad for you.:grin:

My guess is that you asked the same question too many times in a short time span. Or questions that were similar enough that you can know the answer from what the cards told you already. Yes if you do that the cards WILL stop answering, and then you just get nonsense (odd) answers. It pretty well happens to everyone or at least most of us.

Tarot is a thing that requires faith. The very reading of the cards requires the faith that the answers are coming from some place of wisdom and are not just random...etc. Tarot just does not seem to like to be tested. If you ask the same question soon after you have already asked it, that's what happens, the cards stop answering. You were lucky, your cards told you outright the reason why.

Your guides that send you the answers are like people in some ways. They can get bored of answering the same question when they have already told you. Sort of like.... If someone you know comes up to you and asks you something like "Is the sky blue?" You would tell them yes." But if they started asking you that same question over and over sooner or later you'd tell them they that you already told them and they know already. Or you might even get sarcastic and tell them "No it's green" because they know that you already know the answer and yet keep asking anyway.

It is best not to ask the same question again once it has been answered until enough time has passed that you can reasonably expect that they might be a change or unless you notice something has changed in the situation itself that might have changed your answer.

Wishing you sincerely all the best in that relationship.

Babs

suxxie

Hi,

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have taken on board what you have said and really it is so logically to see that once an answer has been given then it is best to not ask again and move on. At the end of the day it is all I learning process. It has been over 14 years since I last use tarot and I used a different pack. I've now decided to buy the same pack I had before as I felt they told me more than the pack I have now. I know that 14 years ago they told me some remarkable things which happened as they told me it would I just need to put myself back in the mode and trust them again.

Sue

Raindance

Yay! More deck buying!!! Go, suxxie, go!