songs that remind you of certain cards

chrissydogz

i know theres a thread about music and tarot already but im talking about certain sings that may pop into your head when you see a certain card. heres my list 1.the 9 of swords to me="tomorrow"by brandy(very emotionally charged song that always brings tears to my eyes) 2.strength="hero"by mariah carey. 3. 3 of swords="unbreak my heart"toni braxton. 4."candle on the water"=the star. 5.4 of cups="the climb" by miley cyrus(again this is the only so g i like by her.) 6.the 5 of cups="macarthur park". 7."the knight of the wind" by crush 40=the knight of cups or as i like to call him..ryan(is it wrong to have a crush on a tarot card?) 6"the edge of soul" by suzi kim=the world. 7."our way home" by suzi kim=the 8 of cups. 10."dont fear the reaper"by the blue oyster cult=the death card!lmao im tired of typing so i"ll probably come up with more as this thread progresses.

nisaba

With me, it's the other way around. Certain Tarot cards pop into my head when I hear certain songs.

Gosh, I wonder what card it is for Leonard Cohen's Tower of Song, or Rosanne Cash's "Wheel" (also the Black Sorrow's "Chained to the wheel").

chrissydogz

havent heard any of those songs but have you heard "wheel in the sky" by journey?

Sulis

Moderator note

If you look in the Single Card Games subforum of the Tarot Games and Fun forum you'll find threads titled 'Songs to represent: xxxxx'.
There are threads for almost every song.
Just do a titles only search for 'song' in Games and Fun.
Since those threads already exist and that's the forum for stuff like this I'll close this thread now.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator