Inexpensive Reading Cloths

Lillie

I go to charity shops and find cheap silk head scarves.

greatdane

Ohhh, good thinking, Lillie!

I'm sure you get some gorgeous ones!

I kind of like the pillow sham I have because it's a bit thicker, velvet on one side, satin on the other. I also can stash some decks inside it and fold it over, as it has the slit down the middle so you can stuff a pillow inside it.

I love the scarf idea though. Silk scarves are beautiful and so easy to stick in one's bag.

GD

NorthernTigress

Two words: Fabric Remnants.

Lillie

greatdane said:
I'm sure you get some gorgeous ones!

I kind of like the pillow sham I have because it's a bit thicker, velvet on one side, satin on the other. I also can stash some decks inside it and fold it over, as it has the slit down the middle so you can stuff a pillow inside it.

I love the scarf idea though. Silk scarves are beautiful and so easy to stick in one's bag.

GD

Ah!

Combination bag and cloth!

Nice :)

Raindance

I'm into Paisley Cotton Bandanas. But that's the Texan in me!

greatdane

Can't agree with that, Raindance!

I think bandanas would make great spreadcloths and they would sure say Texas! :)

GD

nisaba

greatdane said:
I think bandanas would make great spreadcloths and they would sure say Texas! :)
Or classless Australians.

greatdane

LOL Nisaba!

I think it's great you both like bandanas for spreadcloths! For some reason, I'm picturing the color light blue....or purple....although I'm sure the standard red must figure in there as well!

MrAndrewJ

NorthernTigress said:
Two words: Fabric Remnants.
I'm on your side.

I have thought about having a cloth dedicated to reading. It never occurred to me not to buy a yard of fabric and hem the edges myself.

Then again, reading is a personal matter to me. It's not something that I personally need much portability with.