Tranparent Oracle deck arrived!

torontonian69

Just got my deck yesterday! I ordered from Amazon.ca on Friday and it is already here. Although new at the Transparent Tarot, I noticed I am getting more and more comfortable with it. And then I found out about the Oracle.
I had no idea what an Oracle was for, etc, but after reading a few threads here in AT, I realized it could be a great tool to deepen my readings/understanding. Funny enough, the moment I opened the box: instant connection. I am having a lot less of a hard time understanding/studying the oracle cards, than I did with the tarot. And it actually seems to simplify my understanding of the numerous combinations. It makes the readings so descriptive, it's ridiculous!
Two thumbs up for an exquisite deck! And do not even get me started with the box it came in. Love it. I agree with all the threads I read about it.

Gypsy Wolfwoman

I'm a huge fan of the Transparent Oracle and, like you, had an immediate connection with the cards; I am very tactile and fell in love the first time I held them. And, like you, I have had very little or no issues with understanding them the way I have with most tarot decks. Your post was 7/27/10 - do you mind if I ask how do you like the deck so far? I still adore mine, it seems to read the situation more clearly than tarot.

inanna_tarot

I'm in absolute love with my Transparent Oracle (TO). It just works and reads like a dream for me. I connect a lot with the directions and elements a lot anyways in my spirituality, so to have a deck completely centred on that structure is pretty awesome for me!

And I love just playing with cards and layering the images for magical work etc. Awesome stuff.

Gypsy Wolfwoman

Torontonian69 - You are so right, the cards are wonderful for feeling processes in motion, indicating energy flow in a situaion, confirming and/or expanding on what the "little voice" of intuition is whispering. When I get stuck on interpreting a tarot reading, which is pretty often, the T.O. invariably has the answer right there - and it's always so obvious in hindsight, lol. I may just start skipping the tarot part altogether!

There's been a thread about starting a TO study group, but there haven't been any new postings on this for a while - would you be interested in this? I've never done that before, but it sounds like something we would get a lot out of; have you participated in that kind of group? Anyone else out there following this deck that's still/newly interested in a study group? The deck's author, Sidhe-Ra (a/k/a Emily) would be happy to join us, but there's been no activity in this area since June. That thread has 4 other people who are interested, so is that enough if we are all wanting to do this?

Something fascinating for the Fall . . . .

Safe journeys,

Gypsy

Sidhe-Ra

It's wonderful to hear that you are all enjoying the cards :)

I would certainly participate if someone decided to start a study group!

Blessings,

Em xx

Trailgirl

Hi there all!

Would you recommend this oracle deck to an absolute beginner (but fast learner!)? Ever since I saw the Transparent Tarot, I have been itching to buy it but thought I might find it a bit difficult, since I was literally just starting out. I am drawn to the circle shape, which in the case of this deck actually makes practical sense. I would love to hear your opinion!