Can cards say how much income?

CelestialHorse

I want to ask my cards how much income I will get from social security, is that possible to ask that or is that too hard of a question to ask the cards? D:

Grizabella

An easier way is just to go to the Social Security website and they have a little gizmo on their site that helps you figure out how much you'll get. Or you can call them and they'll tell you. I can tell you, though, that they'll base it on how much you or your spouse has made over the course of the last four years. That's only how far back they'll go.

tarotcardrose

Haha Grizabella! Sometimes it is easier to do that than a whole reading. I find the cards aren't good for numbers at all. But just shuffle pull and see what numbers you get. If you get the 6 of cups. It may be 600,

I doubt you would get 6,000 a month from social.

Sometimes it is easier to look something up the normal way!

Grizabella

I've come back to say that I didn't know whether you were serious about trying to find out how much Social Security you'll get but I just jumped to the conclusion that you were. It didn't occur to me at first that you might just be using the cards to try to find it out for fun or as a way of learning more about the cards. If you're just using it as a learning tool or just for fun, then I don't know how you could figure it out using the cards. My answer was intended to be helpful if you were really trying to figure out your possible future income, not as a flippant answer. :)

Oooops, I see tarotcardrose and I must have posted at the same time.

nisaba

CelestialHorse said:
I want to ask my cards how much income I will get from social security, is that possible to ask that or is that too hard of a question to ask the cards? D:
Ask Social Security.

Alta

I was reading a book about magick once and the comment was that you should only use magick if there was no other way to achieve something. In this case, why use the cards when other clearer options are available. :)

AineFoley

Are the cards "magick"?

Surely if people started using clearer options than no one would be reading the cards? I'm thinking (for example) when people do love readings about a third party - wouldn't it be more straightforward to ask the third party if they are interested too? :)

Not that I would ever have the guts to do that... :D

Alta said:
I was reading a book about magick once and the comment was that you should only use magick if there was no other way to achieve something. In this case, why use the cards when other clearer options are available. :)

papercut

You could always rephrase the question. Instead of asking for a figure, you could ask a more general question like "what would my financial circumstances be like if I was getting social security?".

And the rest is easy! If you got two of coins it would mean lots of financial juggling to ensure you remained under budget. If you got the 5 of coins, it would indicate a bit of struggle, obviously. And in the unlikely event that you got the 9 of coins, it would mean you'd be living in the lap of luxury :D

Silver Crow

I don't know the OP but it's possible they are a younger person and wanting to know how much SS will be when they get to be of age to receive it, or if it will be at all.

To answer though, I also don't find the cards good for that type of question. I use a pendulum for those types of questions and use ranges only after confirming that something will be at all.

Libra8ca

You can always try... but I think the Social Security website will be more enlightening. When I did my tax return earlier this year, I asked my cards if I would get any money back as I wasn't sure I would. I pulled the 8 of Wands (Quest tarot) and figured I should get some money back. I ended up getting back a little over $800 which I thought was appropriate since I had pulled the 8 of Wands!!! :D :D