PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here use a chakra balancing wand?

shelikes2read
01-08-2010, 13:22
Does anyone here use a chakra balancing wand? I'm talking about an item similar to this: http://www.awesomeuniverse.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/div_chakrawand_bg.jpg which can be used to help balance the chakras, among other things.

I'm considering making wands to sell. I just thought I'd run the concept by anyone here who has, or wants to have, such a wand, and ask them what exactly they look for if they were to purchase a wand like that. Or, for that matter, are there any other types of wand that people here like to use?

I figure I'd ask the people who actually use such tools what they're looking for when they select a wand. What materials would you like to see used to make a wand? What length(s) suit you best? Any suggestions will be helpful. That way, I'll have an idea how best to make them, so that people are getting the kind of tool they actually want to have and use.

Thanks in advance. :)

AJ
02-08-2010, 02:28
That is lovely.
Haven't got a clue how they work, can you expand on that a bit?

celticnoodle
02-08-2010, 03:28
ditto to AJs post.

i've never seen a chakra balancing wand before, or don't think i have! it's very pretty.

i've never really heard of such a thing, so I'm going to google and see what i can find out about it.

i think for myself, if i were interested in such an item, i'd like it to be eye appealing, and colorful, like this wand. something fairly light, but also not anything that will break the bank. also something that is easy to carry--perhaps something that would fit easily into a purse. perhaps around the same cost as a typical tarot deck--$25.00 to $40.00 US dollars, perhaps. just my input at this time.

thanks for sharing! :D

shelikes2read
02-08-2010, 13:14
First of all, about chakras: they are energy centers in the body that it's good to keep open and balanced, as they regulate energy flow. Here's a great short explanation of them, including their corresponding colors and a description of their location and functions: http://www.sacredcenters.com/chakras

There are lots of other chakras, of which I only know a few, but it's these seven that the stones on the chakra balancing wand correspond to. (Which is why I thought this would be an appropriate thread for the Crystals forum.) Stones that correspond to the color of the chakra are often used to help boost its function or clear it of blockages.

There is also an eighth chakra that I like to focus on when I'm working with them. Here's a page that tells about it: http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/eighth-chakra.html Its location is 6 inches to 2 feet above the crown chakra (above the head, in other words), I've seen its color listed as wither white or ultraviolet, and my goal is to put a stone or bead to correspond to it, as well, when I make these wands.

As one of the sites that sells this sort of wand says, "The purpose of the Chakra Balancer is to realign and balance the energy fields of each specific chakra, thus aligning and harmonizing mind, body, and soul. It will aid in dissolving stress, removing blocks and an overall sense of better health, joy and abundance".

I have an email out to a site that fabricates quartz rods (for stirring molten metal) and says they'll make the rods to custom lengths. Well, their standard length is 4 feet long, so I'd certainly need them cut down to a smaller size. If the price is affordable, I'll use quartz rods to make the body of the wand. If it's more than I can afford, I'll do like many other sites do and make them with glass rods.

If I win the ebay auction I've got an eye on, I'll have clear quartz spheres (again with the spheres, lol) for the ends. Question for any jewelry-makers on here: what procedure would you recommend for attaching a sphere to the end of a rod? I have an idea or two, but I also have zero training in jewelry making so if I'm left to my own devices, it'll end up being something that looks like nothing anyone's ever seen. ;)

AJ
02-08-2010, 13:17
Hi Love, I think we know what chakras are and where, my query is what we'd do with the wand itself.
Wave it in the air, stick it in our socks? :)

It does sound like a very creative and exciting project!

shelikes2read
02-08-2010, 13:44
Hi Love, I think we know what chakras are and where, my query is what we'd do with the wand itself.
Wave it in the air, stick it in our socks? :)

It does sound like a very creative and exciting project!
LOL. One way that I've seen it used is to touch the tip of the wand to the chakra area itself. Rotate clockwise to open the chakra, counterclockwise to close it (if, in fact, it's TOO open and that's part of the problem). Sending the energy of the corresponding stone on the wand into the chakra can help matters, too.

In the absence of a wand, if you've got a plain quartz point, that can also be used. Program the crystal (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87991) or place a stone that corresponds to the chakra in question at the base of the quartz point and use it to direct energy accordingly.

celticnoodle
03-08-2010, 00:06
LOL. One way that I've seen it used is to touch the tip of the wand to the chakra area itself. Rotate clockwise to open the chakra, counterclockwise to close it (if, in fact, it's TOO open and that's part of the problem). Sending the energy of the corresponding stone on the wand into the chakra can help matters, too.

In the absence of a wand, if you've got a plain quartz point, that can also be used. Program the crystal (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87991) or place a stone that corresponds to the chakra in question at the base of the quartz point and use it to direct energy accordingly.
ah! now that sounds reasonable. I don't know a lot about the chakras and such, but yes, I can see now why one would use a chakra wand, and I did do a bit of exploring for these, finding them in various sizes and prices.

what a wonderful idea, shelikes2read! it think this is a very cool enterprise to get in on. I've found a variety of chakra wands online now, and I really liked one that gave specific stones to use for each chakra. it was contained in a glass tube like--and in order of the chakras too. it was really very pretty with the various stones. and now that you describe how it is to be used, it makes perfect sense. thank you for the description, and i hope you will keep us posted on it, if you continue to follow this idea and make them.

AJ
03-08-2010, 01:13
Celtic and I hog floor...:)
I wonder if it would be more clear if you made a

ta da...
chakra key

Find a restoration store and grab some of those giant skeleton keys. I've seen stacks of them at the shop in downtown Portland Oregon. You could sell them as a set, we could then choose the key we needed each day :)

Three of Coins going on here.

I've seen chakras represented by just about anything with the right color, the key head could be beaded rather than stoned? Keys with tassels say "buy me!"

SakuraFae
03-08-2010, 01:53

ta da...
chakra key

Find a restoration store and grab some of those giant skeleton keys. I've seen stacks of them at the shop in downtown Portland Oregon. You could sell them as a set, we could then choose the key we needed each day :)

I've seen chakras represented by just about anything with the right color, the key head could be beaded rather than stoned? Keys with tassels say "buy me!"

I've been watching with curiousity. I was also wondering what to do with the wand. Display it on my work desk, wave it in the air mid day to clear out and reground.. etc. I've seen the small necklace chakra wands and have liked them. I'm just afraid to wear them.. I'm pretty tough on stuff.

I would definitely love an old skeleton chakra key! Very interesting!

shelikes2read
03-08-2010, 03:43
The key idea sounds great! I've got some quartz points that I won on eBay, and some quartz spheres that I stand a chance of winning on eBay as well, so wand materials are coming together. If the spheres purchase falls through, I'm not averse to making wands with quartz points at both ends, as we are supposed to have energy moving both ways through our real chakras anyway. But I'm the one who started the Sphere Addiction thread, so you can guess that I'm hoping to win that particular auction. ;)

And you're right, it needn't be specific gems -- anything of the correct color will do. Some of the available wands use Swarovski crystals or beads, rather than gems. I"m a novice at wire-wrapping, so I might end up doing the same.

But those quartz rods are looking affordable now -- I heard back from the supplier and if I end up using beads for the chakra colors instead of minerals, I'll still have a selling point if I have quartz rods rather than glass for the wand body.

As for the keys -- I can see where I could cover a key with seed beads. I think the stitch I'd want to use is the peyote stitch, but I have to go through my beading books to be sure. That would definitely be a fascinating thing to make. Thanks for the suggestion!

celticnoodle
03-08-2010, 03:55

ta da...
chakra key

oooh! AJ!!! BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

Oh, I'd have to have some of those myself! :laugh: and, perhaps you could also carry it on your person, if need be, for the day. around a chain or in your purse. ooh, yes! THIS is a great idea!!! :D

AJ
03-08-2010, 06:03
tiny ones from suitcase type keys on up.

I look forward to seeing what marvelous wands you end up making shelikestoread?

johnpositive
24-08-2010, 12:51
what exactly they look for if they were to purchase a wand like that. Or, for that matter, are there any other types of wand that people here like to use?

I figure I'd ask the people who actually use such tools what they're looking for when they select a wand. What materials would you like to see used to make a wand? What length(s) suit you best? :)

I am in the market for one now. I do soul healing for clients nationwide, and these are invaluable for chakra balancing if done properly (the chakra balancing would not be part of a soul healing session; it would be a separate psychic healing service). I only know of one healer in Houston who uses this wand in a special way that makes a chakra balancing last up to 6 months.

The wand would have to be about 14" long maybe 3/4 to 1" diam, crystals on both ends. The crystals on both ends would be identical (not a ball on one end and a point on the other; they'd have to both be points). The handle (the in between the crystal area) is either a leather wrapped string of crystal-magnet-crystal-magnet-etc with copper wire or some other material to raise vibration. This area would have 7 chakra stones set on it. Each stone about 3/4" diam set with thick copper wire.

If you can pull this off for a reasonable price, I'm interested in learning more. or if you have questions, find me through:

juanpositivo at live . com

Thank you, I applaud your efforts. It's hard to find these!

And if you can send one with an eagle feather- oooooh!

johnpositive
24-08-2010, 13:06
ps: here's a wand I like. It's not exactly what i posted about earlier, but it's a nice start to learning how to manifest and to open chakras and do healings.

http://www.ascensionwands.com/

the inventor sells them for dirt cheap for how well they work. Works same as Etheric Weaver Wands. He cured his tennis elbow by applying it to acupressure points in the arm. Again, a different way to use the wand than a psychic healer uses here in houston that heals and opens the chakras for up to 6 months, but it is one way how to use them.. It's about love and intention, so however you intend for them to be used, they work!

In time, each wand develops its own personality and tells you how to use it. It's been said to leave it in a full moon or outside for 3 days within full moon time to recharge it and cleanse it monthly.

finally i read the post on how you'll make the body. interesting idea. Can't remember what the healer in Houston used, but it was a very powerful tool, words can't describe. The wand was used in conjunction with 7 large diamond shaped gems he'd set on a desk in front of the wand.

Truly the whole experience was in-credible, and I've been in this field for quite some time.

Wishing you success and prosperity with this! I believe there's a market for diff wands, as each one is so unique.

Jan+
soul healer
link removed by moderator

shelikes2read
25-08-2010, 02:16
Thanks for the feedback! Those look really nice!

The glass rods I bought arrived a few days ago. I'm still waiting for the quartz points to get here, and the quartz spheres won't arrive for a while yet. But when all is said and done, I will have enough supplies to make wands with two crystal point ends, as well as wands with a sphere at one end and a point at the other.

The glass rods themselves came in 6 inch lengths only. And since the most suitable long boxes I've seen are 8" long, my goal is to ensure that the wands I make will fit in a box of that size. (I'm thinking ahead about how I'm going to safely ship an item with a glass body, as well as a way to offer a safe storage option once the wand is in its new home.)

I"m making progress. I'm looking forward to having all the materials I need to start working.

johnpositive
26-08-2010, 22:05
yeah :)

shelikes2read
14-09-2010, 07:22
Though some of my crafting supplies haven't arrived yet, I've started making the basic wands. I'll be able to add spheres to the other end in a few weeks, when the spheres I got on ebay arrive.

In the meantime, here's what I've got so far. I included a mechanical pencil in the photo, to give an idea of the size of the wands.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx324/likes2read/IMAG0280.jpg

It occurred to me that even though the wands aren't adorned with chakra-colored beads, nor is there a sphere on the opposite end, they're still perfectly usable as is.

I know this because I used one to help ease the soreness in my fingertips that cropped up after I made a few wands. Simplicity has its merits. ;)

If anyone is interested in a simple quartz/glass rod wand like these, let me know. If there's a demand for them, I'll be happy to provide a supply. :)

A wand like this can be programmed and used like a regular quartz point, but the energy's more concentrated. When I used it on my fingertips, I felt like I was using the wand version of a laser pointer. :) Also like a quartz point, you can hold another stone at the base of it and use it to focus THAT stone's energy into a beam.

I can also make wands like the above ones, but with a quartz point on each end for bi-directional energy flow.

celticnoodle
14-09-2010, 10:07
oooh! these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Good job! when you get them completely finished, post more pictures please! so far they look gorgeous! :D

:thumbsup:

AJ
14-09-2010, 10:51
Those are ever so elegant with the glass wand. Do you have a price range for these?

I was just wondering yesterday how the chakra wands were coming along. Don't forget us, we haven't forgotten you :)

(she said, as if she had bags of money to fling about)

Cayenne Cuervo
19-10-2010, 07:15
The wand in the picture is beautiful.

I had been on a quest for a wand for a very long time and came across mine in a rock shop in Weed, CA. They had all sorts of materials used as the base of the wand. The wand I purchased has a hollow copper base, a purple amethyst sphere on one end attached with polymer clay (Femo) with opal & lapis stone inset on one end. One the other end is a pointed clear quartz crystal, again set in Femo with inset stones and a hatched design. The wand cost $100 and came with a drawstring bag.

Have fun creating!

shelikes2read
15-08-2011, 14:30
Thanks for the email that brought me back to this thread! :) Here's the latest update.

I've done some thinking about the direction I want to go with making these wands. I originally wanted to add chakra-colored stones to accent the wands, but I quickly found out that finding stones in the right size, shape, *and* color assortment to suit me is far easier said than done. Particularly hard to come by is the right color assortment. I didn't expect to be unable to find gemstone beads in all seven chakra colors (or eight, if you include the white one that's about a foot above the crown chakra, as I like to).

I have decided to forego the accent beads. Besides, instead of just pigeonholing the wands into just doing chakra balancing work, I think I'd rather give every user a blank slate to work with, so they can decide for themselves what uses suit their needs best. So now my idea is to make a Lightworker's Wand.

Here are pictures of my two prototypes. One has a natural quartz crystal point on each end, per the request made earlier in this thread, and the other has a quartz sphere on one end, and a natural quartz point on the other. Each wand is just over 8 inches long.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/Gabey8/280a599f.jpg

Having worked with them, I love the way these materials combine to direct energy. To give an idea of how they work, I did my best to take an image, albeit with a very limited-capability camera, that would show just how the wands fill up with and project VISIBLE light energy. I held the sphere end of the one wand up to a penlight in a darkened room. That's the bright spot at the bottom of the image. As you can see, the light fills the stem, goes into the quartz point, and is reflected off the nearby wall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/Gabey8/1c399e1f.jpg

I'm trying to find reasonable prices online for similar items, so I have an idea of what's a fair amount to charge. (If anyone has ideas of websites I should check, please let me know.) But I did order some bracelet boxes last night that I think will suffice for shipping/storage purposes, in preparation of actually making items that will be purchased and mailed out. (I'll find out how well the boxes work when they get here, and I get a look at how the protofypes fit.)

shelikes2read
26-08-2011, 08:58
Here's the latest update:

Still waiting on the silver nickel wire to arrive to make silver-colored wands.

I have yellow brass and copper wire already, so I can currently make gold-colored or copper wands.

I am also waiting for some colored copper wire to arrive (in the same shipment as the silver nickel). I will be able to wire wrap a wand with a wire color that corresponds to most of the Chakras.

Jewelry boxes suitable for shipping/storage have arrived in the mail. This was a biggie, as I couldn't sell anything that I couldn't safely ship. :)

So if whoever's interested in a wand could let me know via PM what they're looking for, as far as wire color, quartz point + sphere vs. dual quartz points, and anything else they might have interest in, I'd appreciate it. That'll give me an idea of how many items I'll need to make for AT, prior to setting up an Etsy store (which I'm holding off on doing until all the different kinds of wire come in).

shelikes2read
30-08-2011, 07:09
Update: I've posted a link to my brand-new Etsy store in the Advertising section. :)

peaceandkarma
30-08-2011, 08:25
I've got a Sardonyx crystal wand, I don't think Sardonyx balances the chakras as its coloured Onyx but I really love its energy.

shelikes2read
30-08-2011, 08:41
I've got a Sardonyx crystal wand, I don't think Sardonyx balances the chakras as its coloured Onyx but I really love its energy.

IIRC, black (as well as red) corresponds to the root chakra, as it's very grounding. Though technically, there are other chakras even lower than the root chakra, going down below our feet and the very lowest one is at the center of the Earth, so one of those might actually correspond to the color black. But even so, it wouldn't be off the mark to assign all grounding and centering stones to the root chakra.

Sardonyx might not be the ideal tool for balancing all chakras, but it would definitely help a person whose attention and energy are scattered and unfocused.

Some stones just resonate with us in a powerful way. I've always been a huge fan of quartz, ever since I saw pictures of the fascinating clear rock back in science class when I was in second or third grade. Judging from the popularity of quartz jewelry and other items, I'm far from alone. :) I'm hoping that other avid quartz fans will make their way to Etsy for a wand or (soon!) quartz wire-wrapped jewelry.

peaceandkarma
31-08-2011, 08:32
Hi Shelikestoread, I never knew just how nice Sardonyx really is, my wand is one of my favourite crystals. I've been keeping it in my pocket when I go to job interviews, but its not kept me get a job yet.

shelikes2read
31-08-2011, 12:50
Hi Shelikestoread, I never knew just how nice Sardonyx really is, my wand is one of my favourite crystals. I've been keeping it in my pocket when I go to job interviews, but its not kept me get a job yet.

One of the functions of wands is to help us actualize our intentions, or convert our thoughts into reality. I haven't used a crystal wand for that purpose yet -- just the prototypes of the wands that I'm making for Etsy. It was my way of "field testing" them before I embarked on the project of making them for others.

Mind you, I haven't tried to actualize myself a Rolls Royce or anything large yet. ;) I've just tried to use them to attract extra calls on some nights when I'm doing Tarot readings for the phone service. I'm satisfied with those results, as it seems the calls do come in more frequently when I really put an effort into attracting them. Oh, and I used the double-terminated wand to successfully straighten out some minor back pain and elbow pain, both of which had persisted for weeks without any sign of improvement. I think I've just spared myself a cortisone shot, hooray -- I hate injections!

But anyway, wands help us focus our intentions more clearly. So maybe, along with having one in your pocket, you can try to use it in a proactive way to help the job interviews go even better than ever. You know, a little bit of "I'm THE best candidate you're going to encounter for this job" energy never hurt anybody. :)

AJ
01-09-2011, 01:32
Nickle is one of the most common allergy triggers. I''m not sure we'd be holding the wand enough to break out the hands but it is something those of us with the allergy have learned to avoid.

I'm liking the sounds of the copper and brass.
If you find these are more of your focus than readings, you might switch out your User CP link to etsy?

shelikes2read
01-09-2011, 02:06
Nickle is one of the most common allergy triggers. I''m not sure we'd be holding the wand enough to break out the hands but it is something those of us with the allergy have learned to avoid.

I'm liking the sounds of the copper and brass.
If you find these are more of your focus than readings, you might switch out your User CP link to etsy?

That's good to know about the silver nickel. I hadn't thought about the metals from the hypoallergenic angle, but it does make sense.

As it happens, the first silver-colored wire I have gotten is copper with a silver enamel on it. But I use two sizes of wire (14 gauge and 20 gauge), and only one size has come in. I can't make a silver-metal wand until the thinner-gauge wire also comes in.

When I get a few more items listed on Etsy, I think I'm going to swap my website link. Especially since on this site, not too many people will be interested in getting a paid reading, because so many members already know how to read and participate in reading exchanges. :)

peaceandkarma
01-09-2011, 09:30
One of the functions of wands is to help us actualize our intentions, or convert our thoughts into reality. I haven't used a crystal wand for that purpose yet -- just the prototypes of the wands that I'm making for Etsy. It was my way of "field testing" them before I embarked on the project of making them for others.

Mind you, I haven't tried to actualize myself a Rolls Royce or anything large yet. ;) I've just tried to use them to attract extra calls on some nights when I'm doing Tarot readings for the phone service. I'm satisfied with those results, as it seems the calls do come in more frequently when I really put an effort into attracting them. Oh, and I used the double-terminated wand to successfully straighten out some minor back pain and elbow pain, both of which had persisted for weeks without any sign of improvement. I think I've just spared myself a cortisone shot, hooray -- I hate injections!

But anyway, wands help us focus our intentions more clearly. So maybe, along with having one in your pocket, you can try to use it in a proactive way to help the job interviews go even better than ever. You know, a little bit of "I'm THE best candidate you're going to encounter for this job" energy never hurt anybody. :)

Mines a healing wand, are you making Wicca wands for spells?

shelikes2read
01-09-2011, 10:00
Mines a healing wand, are you making Wicca wands for spells?

My goal is to make the wands as a kind of all-purpose blank slate, usable for any situation that the owner needs them for. That's one reason why I decided to back off from specifying them as Chakra Balancing Wands -- by doing so, I'd automatically limit their scope of usefulness in some people's minds. By calling them Lightworker's Wands, I feel like I'm offering them as the flexible tool they are, rather than designating in advance what people are supposed to use them for.

shelikes2read
13-09-2011, 03:08
Wheeee... I now have five kinds of wand available: Yellow Brass Sceptre (Sphere/Point) and Double-Terminated (Point/Point), Copper Sceptre and Double-Terminated, and I have a limited amount of emerald-enameled copper wire for Heart Chakra wands. See image for samples. Spheres and points are natural quartz, not smelted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/Gabey8/65497e57.jpg

I'm having fun with this. It feels really good to make these tools, knowing the good that people will be able to do. Now all that needs to happen is for the Wands to start choosing their persons, a la Harry Potter. :-) I haven't got a brick-and-mortar shop like Ollivander, so the internet will have to do.

Halo_n_Wingz
14-09-2011, 17:27
I have a wand made of rose quartz, with corresponding chakra stones on it, and a crystal point. I had it blessed in a shamanic ritual, and use it for healing mostly through Reiki, which greatly involves the 7 or 8 chakras. :)

I'll post a pic when I can.

Great job on your wands, I hope you're finding success with them!

minrice
30-09-2011, 06:32
Wheeee... I now have five kinds of wand available: Yellow Brass Sceptre (Sphere/Point) and Double-Terminated (Point/Point), Copper Sceptre and Double-Terminated, and I have a limited amount of emerald-enameled copper wire for Heart Chakra wands. See image for samples. Spheres and points are natural quartz, not smelted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/Gabey8/65497e57.jpg

I'm having fun with this. It feels really good to make these tools, knowing the good that people will be able to do. Now all that needs to happen is for the Wands to start choosing their persons, a la Harry Potter. :-) I haven't got a brick-and-mortar shop like Ollivander, so the internet will have to do.

OOOooo, they are so pretty shelikes2read! They are just glowing in that pic. I have a chakra wand I wear aroubnd my neck, I haven't the slightest clue how to use it but I bought it because it was so pretty and looked like just the thing a magical person would wear :) (5,000 post y'all!!!!)

tarotbear
30-09-2011, 11:08
Those are all lovely tools!

I have a chakra wand I bought many moons ago (sorry, they are in my ex's house at the moment - no pictures). It was a hollow lucite tube that was sealed at one end, and then there was a layer of tiny polished stones in the color of each chakra going up it. The top was a crystal point that the lucite was melted around so the stones would not come out. I also have one full of citrines and other green stones for healing.

They are wands - you hold it in your dominant hand and channel energy through the wands. It is not child's play! You are focusing energy like a lazer! You start at the head chakra and (carefully) make clockwise circles and 'open' the chakra up. This can be very dangerous in unskilled hands. You go to each Chakra and open it- gently! Then you make counter-clockwise circles and close them down, working from root to crown.

shelikes2read
02-10-2011, 03:35
Those are all lovely tools!

I have a chakra wand I bought many moons ago (sorry, they are in my ex's house at the moment - no pictures). It was a hollow lucite tube that was sealed at one end, and then there was a layer of tiny polished stones in the color of each chakra going up it. The top was a crystal point that the lucite was melted around so the stones would not come out. I also have one full of citrines and other green stones for healing.

They are wands - you hold it in your dominant hand and channel energy through the wands. It is not child's play! You are focusing energy like a lazer! You start at the head chakra and (carefully) make clockwise circles and 'open' the chakra up. This can be very dangerous in unskilled hands. You go to each Chakra and open it- gently! Then you make counter-clockwise circles and close them down, working from root to crown.

I found out the hard way not to store my unfinished "blank" wands (just the crystal point attached to the rod -- I've made several in advance to save time) near my computer equipment. I originally put them right near my workstation and within a couple days, I had a 24-hour period including one crashed hard drive, one MiFi wireless hotspot that unregistered itself, and one mixed up DSL router that had to be reset. Um, whoops! I reset, reformatted, and re-whatevered all the wonky equipment, and I now store my unfinished wands (of which I have even more now) in the next room. Problem solved. :D

The finished wands definitely feel like I'm using a laser to direct energy. It's fabulous for when you need to manipulate energy strongly and with a narrow or tight focus. But sometimes, that's exactly what's needed to get a job done effectively in one try. It's what I used to clear up lingering pain from elbow tendinitis. Prior to trying the wand, nothing I did worked -- meds, elbow brace, resting it. It still hurt. My doctor offered a cortisone shot, but I put that off because I hate getting needles. Then I thought, "What the heck?" and used a wand to clear up an energy blockage. THAT got the pain out! Nearly all the pain was gone immediately, and as the rest of inflammation went down, within 24 hours I had a normal-feeling elbow again for the first time in two months. I sure am glad I won't need a cortisone injection!

Mona18
03-10-2011, 08:54
This is a pretty cool thread!!!

So will you be including a little print-out of ideas on how-to use or what to use for? Some of us (me) are ignorant about the powers of crystals ... I've never really explored them, just got a reading once with them and man was I floored!!!

Very very interested in owning one! :D

Kosjitov
03-10-2011, 10:33
Out of curiosity, are any of these available for purchase? Hmm hmm? :)

tarotbear
03-10-2011, 10:39
Dear shelikes2read,

I used to use a crystal-clear point in each hand and 'zap' my partners' wrists to kill his pain. It was usually very successful. Once again - to anyone reading this - crystal-focused energy is nothing to take lightly.

You were leaving your crystal wands near your PC? OMG!!!!!!! {LOL!}

shelikes2read
03-10-2011, 11:01
This is a pretty cool thread!!!

So will you be including a little print-out of ideas on how-to use or what to use for? Some of us (me) are ignorant about the powers of crystals ... I've never really explored them, just got a reading once with them and man was I floored!!!

Very very interested in owning one! :D

I actually am working on something brief that discusses the seven major chakras, so people who aren't familiar with the concept will be able to get some information on them. But it'll include some links so people can read more in-depth info, as well.

shelikes2read
03-10-2011, 11:04
Out of curiosity, are any of these available for purchase? Hmm hmm? :)

I've only got the yellow brass wands listed on Etsy at the moment, but if someone here were to want one of the other options (or the yellow brass ones, for that matter), or more than one, send me a PM.

My goal is to photograph them all with a better camera than I had on hand for the original Etsy listing. That's why I haven't got the other varieties listed yet: I'm getting gear together to take better images.

shelikes2read
03-10-2011, 11:10
Dear shelikes2read,

I used to use a crystal-clear point in each hand and 'zap' my partners' wrists to kill his pain. It was usually very successful. Once again - to anyone reading this - crystal-focused energy is nothing to take lightly.

You were leaving your crystal wands near your PC? OMG!!!!!!! {LOL!}

Yeah, that was my big "Live and Learn the Hard Way" moment.

"Wow, why the heck is every piece of equipment I own flaking out one after the other today? What changed?" ... "Oh, wait. I put all the wands next to the desk two days ago, didn't I. Um, yeah, let's move those..." Talk about the old saying "There's strength in numbers." No kidding! ;) :D

Bhavana
03-10-2011, 12:25
I've only got the yellow brass wands listed on Etsy at the moment, but if someone here were to want one of the other options (or the yellow brass ones, for that matter), or more than one, send me a PM.

My goal is to photograph them all with a better camera than I had on hand for the original Etsy listing. That's why I haven't got the other varieties listed yet: I'm getting gear together to take better images.

I can tell even with the not-so-focused photos that they are beautiful. I don't so much want a magic wand, but I have been thinking about a chakra wand sometime in the future. I would definitely want something made with natural materials - wood, copper, etc.

By the way, we are practically neighbors...I am right over the bridge in s. jersey - well, right over the bridge and about 30 to 40 minutes east down route 70. I have been dying to take a ride to the city to go to Garland of Letters on South Street - they had some beautiful and not too pricey crystal points/chargers last time I was there - and some good tarot decks too.

Kosjitov
03-10-2011, 12:30
:D They look better than half the trash I was sorting through over the last 3 months on other websites. Plain, but with that *hint* of ornateness and very unique compared to the other rubbish that says "Hi, I'm generic and mean nothing." or the overpriced "I'm artsy and you're paying 400% because of it. Sucker." It gets old *really* fast.

Seems I'm your neighbor too, Bhavana. :) Middle NJ here. Hehe.

shelikes2read
03-10-2011, 12:38
I can tell even with the not-so-focused photos that they are beautiful. I don't so much want a magic wand, but I have been thinking about a chakra wand sometime in the future. I would definitely want something made with natural materials - wood, copper, etc.

By the way, we are practically neighbors...I am right over the bridge in s. jersey - well, right over the bridge and about 30 to 40 minutes east down route 70. I have been dying to take a ride to the city to go to Garland of Letters on South Street - they had some beautiful and not too pricey crystal points/chargers last time I was there - and some good tarot decks too.

Oh, I love Garland of Letters! And if you're in the area, there's another terrific shop, Mineralistic, that's within a couple blocks of Garland of Letters. It's been way too long since I've been in both of them.

They could both go on my "to-do" list for if I ever hit the lottery. If I suddenly became a zillionaire, I'd go nuts in a book store and an electronics store. But a run to South Street's metaphysical shops would be a pleasant thing to add to that list! :)

Bhavana
03-10-2011, 13:03
Don't mean to get off topic, but Mineralistic sounds like a crystal shop - is it on South Street as well?

Not sure if you make it over to my side of the river much, but on 70 in Cherry Hill, just after you cross over Kings Highway, is a place called Gary's Gem Garden - a rock/mineral/fossil/crystal store - HUGE inventory. Some good prices, some high.. but he has everything! I think he sells wholesale too - but not positive - could be a good place to shop for chakra wand supplies!!

http://www.garysgemgarden.com/

shelikes2read
03-10-2011, 14:44
Don't mean to get off topic, but Mineralistic sounds like a crystal shop - is it on South Street as well?

Not sure if you make it over to my side of the river much, but on 70 in Cherry Hill, just after you cross over Kings Highway, is a place called Gary's Gem Garden - a rock/mineral/fossil/crystal store - HUGE inventory. Some good prices, some high.. but he has everything! I think he sells wholesale too - but not positive - could be a good place to shop for chakra wand supplies!!

http://www.garysgemgarden.com/

Oh, no problem -- I'm always on the lookout for new places to find minerals -- metaphysically oriented or otherwise, they're all good! Gary's Gem Garden looks like a must-see!

Mineralistic isn't specifically a metaphysical shop, but all it takes is one look at the jewelry, minerals, and other items they sell to know that they're well aware that metaphysically-oriented people are sure to shop there. They were on South Street, then they moved to 4th near South. Now they're back on South Street between 3rd and 4th. They're practically on top of Garland of Letters, so a trip to one might as well also involve a visit to the other.

And I'll even bring it back on topic -- if I find the right materials in any of these stores, the end result is likely to be my incorporating them into a wand or jewelry item. :)

Mona18
04-10-2011, 02:24
I actually am working on something brief that discusses the seven major chakras, so people who aren't familiar with the concept will be able to get some information on them. But it'll include some links so people can read more in-depth info, as well.

Yeah, that would be awesome! Also, I read in this thread briefly how one can use the wand to open/close chakras ... BUT one MUST be very very careful ... they are not to be used lightly, so as a newbie it would be essential to learning how to use it. Again, links would be great too!!

Thanks -- ps - sent you a pm ;)

shelikes2read
04-10-2011, 07:45
Yeah, that would be awesome! Also, I read in this thread briefly how one can use the wand to open/close chakras ... BUT one MUST be very very careful ... they are not to be used lightly, so as a newbie it would be essential to learning how to use it. Again, links would be great too!!

Thanks -- ps - sent you a pm ;)

Got it, thanks! It was your post that spurred me to finish writing the document, so thanks for that, too! :)

tarotbear
07-10-2011, 10:39
Hi! I finally found this old thread of mine:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57792

The first picture shows the chakra and healing wands made out of Lucite tubes.

shelikes2read
07-10-2011, 15:39
Hi! I finally found this old thread of mine:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57792

The first picture shows the chakra and healing wands made out of Lucite tubes.

Oh, wow, those are nice! :)

The same source where I got my glass rods from also had borosilicate glass tubes. It crossed my mind that I might be able to work with those in some way, but since I wasn't sure I'd be able to find tumble stones tiny enough to fit in the tubes, I thought I'd put that concept off as a possible idea for the future. It's nice to see what a great wand can be made that way. But since I'd have to order the tubes in a batch of at least a hundred, that's an investment I'm not in a position to make at the moment, especially not without a reliable source of tiny stones to fill the tubes with.

I couldn't help but notice the baby wand up there near the top, to the right of the center. :) It was seeing various-sized wands of a similar style to that, years ago, that resonated with me to the point where I'm making wands myself now. Some things really stick with a person.

tarotbear
08-10-2011, 03:54
The 'baby wand' had a hanging loop on the back, so I added a silken cord to be able to wear it. It came in it's own little velvet pouch.

shelikes2read
05-10-2012, 14:01
After working too many hours for too many months, I had a sudden reduction in hours from one of my part-time jobs. Boo.

But I have decided to utilize that free-time by returning to wire-wrapping. Yay. And in reviving my Etsy shop. Yay some more. ;)

It was this thread that led me to start making double-terminated wands, as well as the style I had originally envisioned: sceptres with a sphere on one end and a point on the other. So if you check out the store (the URL is available by clicking my username), when you see those items, you'll know why they're there. :)