I dont know where to post this....can yall give some advice?

stardancer12

I ready to stop reading my cards for a good while. Maybe I am just missing something or just doing something wrong? I want to know what yall think about what going on with me and my deck, if something that I am truly missing...

I have done two reading this moring, let go a step back so yall can understand what going on. I made sure all my card were not in the reversal psotions. I shuffle my deck and did my reading. When I went to pull my cards got nothing but reverals. Fearing the I was holding my cards wrong I went through my deck and all was upward postions but the four cards that I pulled. It been that way for the last month...I am missing something? It been that way when I do personal reading to find at what going on with myself...(I have posted a few in the readings area). Im ready to give my cards a rest and take break from tarot until I figure what going on, because I am truly lost.

Thanks for reading this...

gregory

In your place I would step back, yes, but also - I would try some single card readings, and forget the reversals for now, as they seem to add a layer of worry. You can get an amazing amount out of one card.

If that doesn't work - just spend some TIME with each card. Look at them, write down everything you see, everything that jumps out - that sort of thing. If nothing else it will mean you REALLY know your deck ! (I have never forgotten playing the identify this clip game here; someone who uses a specific deck several times a day had never noticed that there were two sheep on one of the cards....! Maybe they want you to look at them some more. Just a thought !)

But also - don't read for yourself TOO often. Twice in one morning sounds like overkill, to me ! Maybe the reversals mean simply - stop it already ! and slow down.

214red

something is trying very hard to be seen, are the cards similar, or the same suit etc

FadeToWhite

(I don't use reversals so this post is going to be pretty colored by my own experience.)

I find that Tarot has enough meanings in it that I can just read with the cards upright. If one comes up reversed, I simply turn it upright.

However, it sounds like there is something deeper going on between you and Tarot, or at least between you and your deck. Is it possible that you have the "wrong" deck for you? I stopped reading for several YEARS simply because I had a deck that didn't fit me. When I got a new deck, everything went wonderfully! So have you considered simply getting a new deck and starting with a "fresh slate," so to speak?

stardancer12

Thank you for all your advice. I think what is best for to step away, i have this deck for a while now and it only deck. Maybe it time for a new deck or something bigger is going on that im not seeing.

Again thanks

Grizabella

Could it just be the way you're laying the cards down? Maybe you're flipping them to reversed as you put them out to read them.

SunChariot

stardancer12 said:
I ready to stop reading my cards for a good while. Maybe I am just missing something or just doing something wrong? I want to know what yall think about what going on with me and my deck, if something that I am truly missing...

I have done two reading this moring, let go a step back so yall can understand what going on. I made sure all my card were not in the reversal psotions. I shuffle my deck and did my reading. When I went to pull my cards got nothing but reverals. Fearing the I was holding my cards wrong I went through my deck and all was upward postions but the four cards that I pulled. It been that way for the last month...I am missing something? It been that way when I do personal reading to find at what going on with myself...(I have posted a few in the readings area). Im ready to give my cards a rest and take break from tarot until I figure what going on, because I am truly lost.

Thanks for reading this...

When he pick up a deck of cards, it's a way for the universe to communicate with us, to tell us what we need to know. The cards will answer anything we ask (even if the answer is sometimes that we are not meant to know). They also can give us messages that we did not ask about if the life feels we need to know.

To me that is what is happening with you. The universe is having those cards come up to give you a message. There is a message you are meant to get from these occurances that is meant to improve your life once you see and understand it.

What that message is, only you can know. It's a message in symbolic/methaphorical form. The message depends on what reversals mean to you personally. My advice is to take a time out to think about what reversals mean to you and how that meaning applies to your everyday life right now. Once you see the message and understand it, it ought to stop coming up...and you won't get unwanted reversals anymore.

Babs

gregory

I dunno - it is possible that it actually is the way she deals the cards that flips them. I must watch myself - as I don't use reversals, I never even notice :D Sometimes things actually are just chance and not Deeply Meaningful.

And I still think it is worth spending time with the cards, just looking at them. One always gains by doing that, whatever else.

Cerulean

Sort your cards face up and lay the cards down face up.

The you will see how your hands flip or rotate your cards.

Why not try rotating all the cards so you start with them upside down?

If your cards shift to upside down, the way you are laying them down is likely what is happening. If you have been doing this for awhile on different surfaces and the cards still rotate to upside down no matter what you do, you can accept the deck is your upside down deck.

Keep it for the novelty that it is--how the paper has interacted with your shuffling methods are likely to be repeated if you let yourself drift back iinto your regular nethods.

Nytebugg

it could be that you are flipping them. turn them over like you are opening a book.
I, personally, read with reversals because I never get a "feeling" that a card should be read as reversed or not. I just feel a get more in-depth reading by reading reversals.