Who is Atanassov?

Orenda

I am struggling to find any solid information or a biography on Atanas Alexandrov Atanassov of the decks: Klimt, Botticelli, etc. Anyone? :/

Alta

RiccardoLS is an editor at Lo Scarabeo and might have some information. Try sending him a PM.

Orenda

Thank you Alta :)

I wrote him by PM, with the following in the body:
Orenda said:
I started a thread on the boards about Atanas Alexandrov Atanassov, and would appreciate your input. The moderator suggested I ask for your help, as you are an editor at Lo Scarabeo who publish the decks Klimt, Botticelli, etc.

I found NO information on this person, Atanassov. No biography, no record of a person with this name at all.

Meanwhile, if one looks to the Botticelli LWB, it says that the graphis are by Alligo, the instructions by Orsini, the marketing by Pignatiello, and of course the art by Botticelli. What role did this person 'Atanassov' have in the making of this deck then?

Is this a fake person, or pseudonym for an editor at Lo Scarabeo perhaps? *curious*

I did link him to this thread, in hopes he would share with all of us :D

rwcarter

According to Mystical Origins of the Tarot, he's Bulgarian. But I can't tell you much more than that.

nisaba

Er ... he's an on-staff employed Tarot artist at Lo Scarabeo?

Le Fanu

I found a site once which had info and examples of his non-tarot work.

hang on...

ETA; nope. I can picture it now though; a site which had his tarot artwork and other stuff.

moderndayruth

I tried googling as his names is spelled in Bulgarian (Атанас Атанасов and got to Bulgarian wiki, where he is lsited among other known people with the same name , it simply says Bulgarian painter, but there is no article. (There is a politician, a football player etc.)
If you find some article in Bulgarian, i can help with interpretation.

I don't know his work, other than Tarot, but here is a link to an article about an exibition of the painter Atanas Atanasov
http://culture.actualno.com/news_197484.html
who is born 1964., graduated from Acadamy of fine arts (i think that's the correct interpretation) in 1991., member of the Painter's Guild from 1997.; it does mention that he is an illustrator too.
I don't know if its the same person - but this guy won many awards and had many exibitions.

another link, with artists's picture:
http://www.artonlinebg.com/bg/members/id/5.html

Its not that its such a common name and i think this guy might be the one you are looking for.

Orenda

Thank you for this feedback everyone! I did receive a PM from RiccardoLS (of Lo Scarebeo publishing) about this artist, and yes it's his real name, and he is Bulgarian. Riccardo said he was leaving on vacation, but would be posting here on his return. I hope he will confirm the above links, and perhaps offer more details :)