Do you throw out tarot deck boxes?

Reverie

I'm just looking at all these cute tarot bags... but I feel reticent to throw out the tarot box... what do other people do? Throw out the box and put the cards in nice satin or silk bags? They're just so cute... another thing to collect :)

NorthernTigress

I keep most of my decks in bags. However, I don't get rid of the boxes. I keep them in case I end up trading. So it's kind of weird. I have a collection of decks in one location, and a collection of empty boxes in another.

Golden Moon

I keep the decks in the boxes :). I feel they are better protected.

Reverie

Interesting :)
Thank you both !
I just wonder what I would do with all those empty boxes. Barely have room for the decks themselves !
Although I've considered selling a few...

The crowned one

Not only do I not throw out the boxes, I will not buy a deck that is under 50 years old without the box... I love "stock" and "original"

Sinduction

I keep my boxes in a storage bin. If space is an issue, you could always flatten them out. My decks are well protected in my hand crocheted cases.

I also prefer to buy decks that have their original box.

pyrogyne

I threw out all of my boxes in my recent move. Went from a two-storey, three-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom apartment and simply didn't have room to take or store anything that might be considered "extra." As I've never traded away or sold any decks, and don't plan to with the ones I currently have, it's not been an issue for me. Although throwing the boxes away did cause me a bit of a twinge...:(

Reverie

pyrogyne said:
Although throwing the boxes away did cause me a bit of a twinge...:(

Aww! I understand how you feel... I feel like the decks are less complete that way... but when you think about it it's not like the boxes do anything, especially if you have a prettier and more unique satin bag

Reverie

Sinduction said:
I keep my boxes in a storage bin. If space is an issue, you could always flatten them out. My decks are well protected in my hand crocheted cases.

I also prefer to buy decks that have their original box.

Good idea this flattening thing !

Reverie

The crowned one said:
Not only do I not throw out the boxes, I will not buy a deck that is under 50 years old without the box... I love "stock" and "original"

Likewise! ACtually never bought used decks