Questioning self; anyone else have the problem?

rosariangoddess

i was wondering if anyone has experienced this. you do a throw of the cards, and go with what you immediately see. then, you look at the cards again and think, "hmmm, maybe it meant this, or that, or something else?" so, you start thinking about this, that or something else, confusing yourself even more.

my question is: has anyone else done this? if so, how do you resolve the problem? go with you FIRST instinct, take the other consideration into view, or write down what you first think, go back later and review it again? now, i have gone with my first impression in a reading, that definitely felt right. then, sometime later i get a flash, and add it to the reading. it has worked. i am just talking about reading for yourself here, not anyone else. i would be interested to see what anyone thinks about this. make it a little clearer for me.

Umbrae

Experience, constant reading for other people gets you over the self doubt issue. IMO

Sinduction

I agree, but also, try keeping a journal of your readings. Once things play out, you can see what the cards were trying to tell you. :D

It gets much easier with practice.

re-pete-a

Those rethinks are the work of your ego, trying to confuse and cover the quiet trust.
It's the attempts by that side to drown out via negative bombardments, the challenge to it's dominant existence.

Time and trust help. NOT resisting them but showing understanding towards it's efforts to rule.
Resistances feed it. Attention is trapped in the whirlpool of thoughts. a perfect trap.

Love and understanding is the key.

rosariangoddess

i will take all of this into consideration when reading. something to think about. thanks. it gave more insight. yes, i think reading more for others, which i have been doing. close friends an family have definitely helped! honing skills and such. ;)

Nytebugg

I go with my first instinct. sometimes in exchanges I will type it all out and second guess something and take that little bit out. then it turns out that that was a factor and I should have left it in.
I am trying my best to just go with it now.
As my tarot teacher says when you start to "think" instead of "feel" you lose your intuition.

blackvelvet

I tend to second guess myself when I read for myself or have some knowledge of the situation, usually because I'm not being objective.

Reading for others is about intuition and hasn't failed me yet.

rosariangoddess

gotcha ;) go with the feel of it more.

rosariangoddess

i heard that. i do the same thing. the whole objectivity thing. its so true!

tarotfaith

This is something I have been grappling with since sometime now. Should I go by my first instintcs only or should I also include into my readings the feelings/observations which start trickling in after a couple of minutes?

I find that the second feelings give a new dimension and wholeness to readings. What goes wrong at times is when my "expections or hopes" from a reading trickles subconsciously into these. So I am trying to keep these out.