Has the tarot improved your life?

Reverie

Sometimes I wonder if I would be making better choices if it weren't for my cards. Not to sound pessimistic or anything, but I tend to rely a whole lot on what I see in the cards to premise my decisions and actions. I guess what I'm saying is that when there's room for misinterpretation, unclear messages, etc... basing those decisions and actions on what I get from the cards might not actually help.

On the positive side of things, tarot does give me confidence and has made me a "believer".

I want to ask you whether the tarot has improved your life and in what ways?
Was there an "aha" moment in your tarot journey and what was it? What uses do you reccommend for tarot? What do you try to stay away from?

Of course, being the tarot addict that I am, I'm sure I'll stick around on the forum for quite some time longer.

:)

Silver Crow

Yes, in more ways than I can count. I do not however read for myself so my decisions aren't based on the cards, but because of them. Does that make sense?

It's brought me happiness, something to do to help others, knowledge, patients, enlightenment and much more.

Reverie

Silver Crow said:
Yes, in more ways than I can count. I do not however read for myself so my decisions aren't based on the cards, but because of them. Does that make sense?

It's brought me happiness, something to do to help others, knowledge, patients, enlightenment and much more.

That's really beautiful!
And I'm sure, all of this from reading in moderation!

Vesper

I never base my decisions on what the cards say. That would be irresponsible.

I take action or make decisions based on what I can learn and intuit about a situation. Sometimes I draw a spread on the situation to help figure out what I think or feel. Sometimes I've seen or heard something that my mind has blocked out, and I can get in touch with those little warnings or good omens in this way.

I think tarot has been an enjoyable hobby. I'm not sure my bank account would agree, though.

ncharge

Absolutely! After years of verbal abuse from (now ex-) spouses, reading tarot taught me to trust myself and believe in myself. It also gave me something to focus on - a passion, really - that helped me recover. I am really glad I picked up my childhood tarot deck as an adult.

MrAndrewJ

evelone said:

I take action or make decisions based on what I can learn and intuit about a situation. Sometimes I draw a spread on the situation to help figure out what I think or feel. Sometimes I've seen or heard something that my mind has blocked out, and I can get in touch with those little warnings or good omens in this way.
I'm in the same place. I only really read for myself as I feel it's more a form of meditation than divination. Having said that, just relaxing and performing a celtic cross can remind me of all kinds of good things from my past, or ambitions for my future.

As I tend to use it very introspectively, using them to reflect on myself has been very positive at times.

NamasteIndia

i have done readings for myself and it really helped me a lot because i got lot of insight and guidance.

So tarot taught me a lot about world, people, that there are different types of people and there are good, bad, dark, etc.

Since i had a unstable childhood and parents i was not good at judging people nor understanding them but tarot made me see things in true light.

But the unfortunate thing is that many of the predictions made by others are not manifesting into reality. predictions done by palmist, astrologer, nadi readers.....so nowadays i feel skeptical.

Nytebugg

I don't base my decisions off of the cards. of course I ask to see what may happen if I do A or if I do B. I take it like the advice of a trusted friend. sometimes your friend has great advice and sometimes your friend can be off. Like a good friend my intuition can be biased and so I take every thing with a pinch of salt.
when i get a positive reading I don't just say hey it says i will get a great new job no need to look anymore. Nope, I get up and work for things. just like if I get one that is overly negative I work to make it more positive if possible. I feel we change change the outcome of some readings by choosing our own actions. Outcomes can change even more so if other people are involved.
I admit I am shallow and I don't to use it for inner soul searching or meditation. I tend to go more for predictive readings.
for me it's helped in making me realize that things can become better; that the future can be bright. in some respect my question and things I ask have helped me realize what it is I really want in life after all i wouldn't be asking such things if I truly didn't care about the subject.

nisaba

Silver Crow said:
Yes, in more ways than I can count.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

evelone said:

Sometimes I draw a spread on the situation to help figure out what I think or feel.
Interesting. I'd agree with the second half of this. I'd trust a reading in an instant if it gelled with my intuition and with whatever I knew from other sources.

I went against a reading in a very important matter in 2001, based on the fact that the Tarot was giving me a negative signal that I was getting from *NO* other source including rational thinking - and it cost me years of misery, ignoring that reading and going with all the favourable information available to me.

214red

it has but mainly because it has started me on a wider path, and tarot is really like my first love, but my current longterm relationship is with mediumship and teaching. I do think its a blessing and a curse though, i have had like many people here some up and downs with it, but all in all, has been fun.

I think when you start learning there are always times you get addicted, and then if your sensible you realise this and stand back a bit. I never go against my intuition, even if they cards show up differently, i have learnt my lesson on this.However, i dont understand people who do the cards but dont base decision on them, if you use them and dont trust them...why use them? I think they are a tool to help you make a decision, but they dont make the decision for you.

I have tried every method i think there is out there, and i still try new things with tarot as its important not to get stuck in a rut. I am passionate about the quality of readings on offer, and about ethics and personal responsibility, and that is what i find the hardest thing, to watch many disregard those things and often common sense when they pick up cards.

Tarot should empower, not enslave. I try to make sure my readings are empowering, whatever i am reading on, if i feel its enslaving people i tend to stop reading for them.

Corrine Kenner has a quote in one of her books "becareful who you hurt when your throwing those cards about"