Amazon payments anyone?

Silver Crow

I was wondering if anyone uses Amazon payments for their readings? I hate PayPal with a passion and hubby and I have decided after two major problems with them we are no longer going to have an account there. I was considering using Amazon for a payment option for my current in person clients to pay for phone readings.

If not, what other payment options do you offer besides paypal?

tarotcardrose

Hi! If you go to a site called Auctiva they show you how to set up a website that can take google payments (don't know what they are) and Credit Card payments.

Grizabella

Is this only for eBay sales, though?

Silver Crow

I think Auctiva used to be E-Bay sales only but I will check it out. I have just set up to do the Amazon payments and am hoping this is an easy way to go but adding the Google payment option would also be nice. I just abhor PayPal.

nisaba

Silver Crow said:
I think Auctiva used to be E-Bay sales only but I will check it out.
<opens other tab> Looks as if it still is.

AJ

I both paid for and received payments via Google payments, zero problems.
I've received a lot of payments from here to Amazon credit and unless I forget to specify it is my payment of choice when sell here. The down side of Amazon is you can't convert it to cash if you suddenly needed some.

I've never had a 'problem' with PayPal as far as something going wrong in 1000's of half.com and ebay payment receipt, but their fees are ridiculous.

good luck with finding a new method, and that your clients will follow along with the plan. It's hard to change a humans habits :)

Silver Crow

All set up with them, now to change my website around a bit. It was easy to set up, the html buttons are self generating and easy as pie.

I wish I could say I was one who has had no problems with PayPal. I've lost almost a thousand dollars through them, one by selling on e-bay and the other accepting a payment for something someone picked up in person and then did a charge back. The e-bay one was almost $800.00 and they did a fast one on PP and closed the bank account they had used for instant transfer, PP can not get your money back when that happens apparently. The other was apparently my fault for not having the person sign for the item and get a picture ID. I will ever again trust paypal, not to mention the fees they get between them and e-bay (all the same company).

OK - end rant. I'm really having a good feeling about Amazon so it's an option for those that don't use PayPal.

I'm also going to use it for taking trade payments so we'll see how that goes.

shadowdancer

I have used amazon for trades here and it works well. (Occasionally asking for an amazon voucher instead of paypal payment - that way you do escape having fees knock a few dollars a time off what you thought you were getting as payment). Even when it was a bit complex, using amazon worked well. My uncle gifted me 200 dollars amazon voucher, but at the time there was nothing I wanted, but did need paypal funds. A couple of members here DID want some amazon stuff so I used my vouchers to pay for it, and they just transferred the equivalent into my paypal.

Sorry to hear paypal has caused bad experiences. Sounds like the two individuals set out to con you, and you had no back up from paypal. The test of a good service is how they look after you when there are problems. In your case it was left wanting

Davina