Returning to a Reading

GreenMoonBeam

I did a reading for myself. Was happy (enough) with the interpretations. I did journal them.

Because of the subject I thought more than usual. Anyhow, I finally thought of another angle. This was more than pleasing.

Would this be usual? I don't usually return & add info.
GMB:)

FaireMaiden

GreenMoonBeam said:
I did a reading for myself. Was happy (enough) with the interpretations. I did journal them.

Because of the subject I thought more than usual. Anyhow, I finally thought of another angle. This was more than pleasing.

Would this be usual? I don't usually return & add info.
GMB:)
If I'm understanding you correctly, you did a reading for yourself. And now, a few minutes, hours, days, weeks later, (as the subject of the reading is still on your mind), you've been inspired with some new interpretations of the old reading?

If so, I do that all the time, *lol*. Time and distance will often allow more inspiration; especially when one is reading for oneself. It's so hard to objective because, no matter how much we want to be, the cold hard fact is that we've got something invested in the outcome, else we wouldn't be asking the question.

And, as we all know... 'desire affects perception'.

rwcarter

I often do that when I do face-to-face readings. I'll give a running commentary and take some notes while doing the reading, but as I'm typing up the reading later to give to the Querent, invariably other things will come to me and I'll add them in.

Rodney

GreenMoonBeam

FaireMaiden said:
If I'm understanding you correctly, you did a reading for yourself. And now, a few minutes, hours, days, weeks later, (as the subject of the reading is still on your mind), you've been inspired with some new interpretations of the old reading?

If so, I do that all the time, *lol*. Time and distance will often allow more inspiration; especially when one is reading for oneself. It's so hard to objective because, no matter how much we want to be, the cold hard fact is that we've got something invested in the outcome, else we wouldn't be asking the question.

And, as we all know... 'desire affects perception'.

Goodie! Your answer hits the nail on the head. Especially the part 'we've got something invested in the outcome' })

Alta

True, and to me the best readings are the ones that you keep coming back to, even a considerable time later. These are of course not on the scale of 'what did he think of my text message', as the answer comes soon enough, but the longer term questions about your life and your perceptions.

I have had readings that I have come back to weeks later and then had the 'aha!' moment that I wish I had had at the time. Might have saved me some grief. :)

Le Fanu

For significant readings, (as opposed to tossing down a card of the day), I always note the cards down and the spread to go back to and rethink.

I always do an annual, 12 month spread at around this time of year, write down the cards and look at it throughout the year!

Jaqueline

This is one of the reasons I hesitate to read for others - I seem to require time to mull it over. When I do a reading for myself, the cards lay in place for at least several days, & yes, I begin to notice details & aspects that I missed at first reading.