Newbie with crystals

Al Si'ra

Hello,

I have recently become interested in crystals although I have been practicing tarot for 8-9 years now. I have never believed in effects of stones herbs or gems but then after I have become level 3 in reiki, my teacher has explained how she has been getting support from her crystals and since I take her word on many things, I decided to give those lovely crystals a chance.

Right after I have become reiki 3, as always happened in my previous levels, during the cleansing period, something big and drastic has happened, and my boyfriend (and husband-to-be at the time) has left me- it was sudden and very very unexpected.

The pain I am going through sometimes feels unbearable, and I have heard the fame of the lovely pink quartz, so I was like why not?

So I got myself a lovely rose quartz rock, a pendant of rose quartz to wear around my heart, a mini-moonstone rock to accompany it, and a moonstone bracelet to carry out.. I programmed those to heal my heart and open up my heart to give and receive love again.. I also lit up a pink candle every night and put my stones beside the pink candle.

Although I read a lot, I still have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. Should I keep my stones apart from eachother, for instance I also have a smoky quartz, but then should I seperate it from my couple of rose quartz and moonstone..do they also effect eachother?

2. Although I just feel that my rose quartz has a smooth and lovely energy I can never ever get a lovely sleep when it is in my room, almost nightmares!! Does this happen even with the energy of rose quartz? I have heard that it happens with amethyst..

3. How long should I carry it around? Or when do you really begin to feel the effects. It's just been ten days and I do not feel like taking it off.. but at some point..I know that it varies from person to person but then I would love to hear your experiences as well..

Thank you very much!

shelikes2read

I'm sorry to hear about your ex-fiancee's behavior. Go easy on yourself and realize that even with tools like crystal therapy, your heart and mind will need TIME to heal. That's likely to be a contributing factor to the sleep disturbances you're experiencing.

Think of the crystal therapy as taking aspirin to ease the pain of a broken arm. Yes, it makes the pain level more bearable, but it won't stop ALL the pain and the arm bones still need time to knit back together, no matter how many aspirin we take, But the aspirin still has its uses, because without any aspirin, the pain would be that much worse.

So by all mean, use rose quartz and moonstone to take the edge off the pain and make the process easier, but don't be disappointed in yourself for going through normal parts of the healing process that might include some insomnia or strange dreams. Your mind and heart need the time to heal, and when they are processing a major hurtful event like this, those symptoms will sometimes come with the territory. There are no shortcuts to this process. Ways to ease the pain, yes, but shortcuts, no.

You'll be in my prayers. I know it's extremely painful and hard to go through this particular kind of recovery process. But it can be done.

Al Si'ra

shelikes2read,

thank you very much for the encouraging words, every day is a new day which will be better for me...things will not get worse but better..that's what I keep telling myself..

the thing is my rose quarts has made me much full with love, not what I really want for myself at the moment, I know that it has helped me soften my heart towards the ex, which is again not what I want at the moment. Yet I know that I should release any anger or pain that I feel towards him in order to heal and open up my heart again, but then it is a bit harder to deal with those soft feelings when I still could not get over him.

I feel that my stones have accelerated the process a bit, since I usually do not soften towards any ex until long time has passed but this time it is different..

MCsea

Al Si'ra

I hope you are feeling OK - things might take time but you have your crystal buddies to help, in times when things get too hard I like to take an inventory - or a roll call of my crystals - see what beauty has come to my life in the form of a crystal - the gratitude I feel once I acknowledge my loving crystal friends reall helps me in most cases... I just place them out on a mat - table or floor and we play together - just the energies all surrounding me in light and colour and crystalness - sometimes that is what I need - thought Id share
blessings and hope to you