Stuck

guy bannik

This year was my focus on tarot. read the books to deepen my knowledge, gave courses to widen my horizon, bought new decks to... well whatsoever.
And now I'm stuck. tarot is just a bunch of cards of which I can tell every card's meaning, symbolism, relations to elements, kabbala, astrology and so on. And every morning I pick one and think "It doesn't matter what i pick, it's just chance to what's happening, this is all about focusing on a single theme, there is nothing beyond selfanalysis etc.."
Kinda frustrated.
And I'd like to get this feel for the cards back, because right now I only have throughts, and those are pretty much everything that makes the suit of swords such a tought suit.
Any advice on how to warm up again?

amethyst57

to me, it sounds like you've OD'd on Tarot...
work with oracle or playing cards? use the pendulum?
I'd try something different for a bit, then go back to Tarot...

gregory

Just to keep in touch - try reading a card at the END of the day about what the day was like ?

Aerin

Well, it depends on you... two options I think of are:

Read for fun. Lighten it up. Play with the cards, they don't mind... storytelling, reading for fictional characters, that sort of thing perhaps. Leave the study behind for a while.

Have a break and let things settle.

misfitknits

i agree with aerin: you've probably OD'd on the STUDY aspect of tarot, not necessarily tarot in and of itself.

i just did the same thing a couple of months ago, and i've heard many people speaking of the same problem. i got SO caught up in the studying, i forgot to have FUN with it!!! lighten it up a little!! studying will only get you so far! you can STUDY football, or golf all you want, but that doesn't mean that when you pick up a football or golf club you'll be good at actually PLAYING it! at some point, you have to dive in head first and start EXPERIENCING tarot! :D

there are many great suggestions all over AT on how to do this, but a good start would be going with what rockersgurl and gregory posted above me!!
HAVE FUN!!!

Silver Crow

OK - I was there many years ago. Put away every deck you know, ALL of them. Buy a new deck, something that you can trim any descriptions (names/numbers) off and trim that deck. Then just start reading with it. I would HIGHLY suggest Kat Black's Touchstone or something that is lacking in traditional symbolism.

This will allow you to let your intuition take over. :)

Le Fanu

Buying another deck. I like that advice. I think I might have OD-ed too!

Silver Crow

Le Fanu said:
Buying another deck. I like that advice. I think I might have OD-ed too!

LOL - I am to please. :D

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
Buying another deck. I like that advice.
<warning glance>

Naughty boy ...

Sinduction

Read the cards. You've had enough study, time to put it all into practice. Read on everything.

I often read about the tv show I'm watching, during the commercial. Instant results. Read for your friends, read for strangers, read for you pets. Read about a story in the news.

Pick up a deck and use it. Don't think, just do.