Cards of Alchemy -- any info?

MareSaturni

As someone very interested in Alchemy and in alchemical engravings, I was immediately curious when I belatedly found out about the existence of an oracle deck called "Card of Alchemy" by pagan author Raymond Buckland.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/cards-of-alchemy/

It's OOP, but there are some copies for sale on Ebay... not very cheap mind you. But I want to know if it's worth it... does any have this deck? Can you give me any information on the quality of the cards, if the book that accompanies it has good information, how is your experience using this deck etc.

I'm curious :)

If anyone is willing to share any information about this deck, I appreciate it! :heart:

faunabay

This has been on my wishlist for a while Marina. I think it looks very interesting.

Can you get things from amazon.com? If so there are a couple listed from the marketplace sellers that are under $25.

MareSaturni

faunabay said:
This has been on my wishlist for a while Marina. I think it looks very interesting.

Can you get things from amazon.com? If so there are a couple listed from the marketplace sellers that are under $25.

I never bought from the Amazon Marketplace... I don't know if it's trustworthy, beside you can never tell if they are offering just the book or the book + cards. :(

But I really like the idea behind these cards, it seems that Ray Buckland (or whoever was hired to illustrate the cards) redrew real alchemical engravings, just adding color to them and making some minor alterations. I read in a review that he explains these modifications in the book and show how the card differs from the original image, which I find very thoughtful of him.

Unfortunately there aren't many scans and reviews of these cards... that's why I'm looking for more info here!

IheartTarot

Marina said:
I never bought from the Amazon Marketplace... I don't know if it's trustworthy, beside you can never tell if they are offering just the book or the book + cards. :(

I regularly buy from there with relatively few problems (the main problem relating to what they are actually selling, if in ANY doubt send them an email beforehand asking about it - click on the name of the seller to do so). If they do not offer international shipping in the listing, one can also email them and ask them if they will make an exception for you and often they will change the listing accordingly.

blackroseivy

I am very into alchemy too! :) I have the "Oracle of the Radiant Sun" & love it.

I had this briefly, but wound up selling/trading it here I believe! I didn't quite "get" reading with it, it was kind of like having an alchemical horoscope, as opposed to answers to questions. So I found it difficult to read with for that reason.

I think it depends largely upon your style of reading, what & how much you get out of it. :)

keeks

Marina said:

I have tried buying oracle cards off of the marketplace before, and have received just the book instead of the cards... They usually will give you a full refund (and let you keep the book too sometimes) so it's always worth a try.