Different Decks with different tasks

PedroEmperor

I was wondering if you have any decks that you use specifically for certain types of readings/readers/meditation/etc.

I'll give an example: My Morgan-Greer reads really well for others, I get awesome readings really, in such way that when I get a new querent I want to captivate or keep, it's this deck I use no doubt. However, when I use it for myself, it just doesn't work for me, it's like I get blocked or feel it doesn't answer me. So this deck is used specifically for others. On the other hand, my Silver Era is perfect when I read to myself, gives me such awesome insight, but when I use it for others it just doesn't go as well as other decks, I feel I could give much better readings. So it's becoming a really private deck, for personal use only.

Other examples could be decks for love/professional/you-name-it readings only, that you don't feel work so well in other areas.

Anybody here with similar situations? I was thinking about this today, would be interesting to share these special features some decks have for us. :)

Golden Moon

Oh yes. My Pictorial Key Tarot is my number 1 deck. When I consult with it, it gives me very good readings and it reads well for others. The rest of my decks just love to converse with me:D. For the rest of my dark decks, I use them when I feel down and depressed and they do wonders.

WyrdRaven

When I want to interpret a dream, I go right to Thoth!

Le Fanu

Thoth for me does for everything as - I believe - the best decks do! :)

I like the Golden Tarot of Klimt for sexual issues, heartache, anguish, obsessiveness...

Wiliam Blake for inner conflicts.

Greenwood for inner journeys and when I want to be far away.

Depends on my mood.

Alta

When I was working, the Baroque Bohemian Cats was the best deck for work issues. Something about the slyness of cats I think. Now that I am retired I don't find it more penetrating than my other decks.

Vanny

I am currently in love with my Gilded Tarot deck. I have gotten the best readings EVER for myself and others, compared to any other deck that I own. The readings can be regarding any topic. There is just something about it, for me at least.

I met up with a Tarot group a couple of months ago and two of the women had that deck. I fell in love with it instantly. I went out and bought it 2 days later.

I was starting to build up a collection of decks but there really wasn't one that I felt connected to. I was just using them to learn and practice when I look back on it now.

nisaba

Maybe I'm just an old sourpuss, but the older I get, the more certain I am that it's the *reader* who makes the readings good or bad.

This was always a suspicion of mine, but when I reviewed this one, I was convinced, and nothing's going to change my mind. There's nothing even remotely Tarotical about the images, only the card titles. I don't even like it all that much (except insofar as it's a part of my Tarot-family). And as a part of the review process I pulled it out and threw several spreads of different kinds, and it read well. Or ... *I* read well, drawing on my knowledge of Tarot much more than on the images.

I have one deck, designed by a Magical teaching order (both the deck and the order are called "Servants of the Light") that thinks it's superior to doing lowly readings, an arrogance it probably got from the ethos of the Society which is all about Theurgy ("High Magic") not Thaumaturgy ("Low Magic").

I have a known-favourite that does absolutely everything. And I have a huge number of decks that also do absolutely everything, and do it just as well.

I think it's all me.

If you love some decks more than others, you will respond to them better when you are using them. And that's what I think it's all about.

I've just got to a point where regardless of the deck that's actually in my hand, I'm dealing with Meta-Tarot, or Tarot-Oversoul, which I love unreservedly, so any and all decks in my hand are going to throw me good readings.

BeyondtheVeil

Different Decks for different purposes

I use The Mythic Tarot for all of my personal readings. I honestly haven't tried to use to to read for others. This is my own little personal deck that I love to use for my personal readings. :)

The Rider-Waite reads well for love relationships for me. I have to admit that I don't really like using it though. It just seems very plain to me. I haven't used it for a long time.

I like the DruidCraft and the Hanson-Roberts for intuitive/picture/feeling readings. I usually use these decks for reading for others in exchanges and the reading circles.

The Daughters of the Moon deck was used for serious, straight-forward readings. I have only used this deck to read for myself, so I can't comment on how it reads for others.

BeyondtheVeil