happiness!

nisaba

I've just discovered that a friend of mine that I haven't seen for ages has just opened an up-market cafe in an up-market but accessible area. She used to be really interested in Tarot: packing some charismatic decks right now to go and have a coffee and renew our acquainanceship. Hopefully I can get a regular gig once or twice a week! <beaming>

Disa

Oh that's exciting! Have fun!

Baroli

Ecellent!! Have a lovely coffee and go get that gig!!

:D

nisaba

I did, indeed, have fun. We recognised each other on sight, we spent a while catching up, I drank her coffee, when it got busy and she started working, I turned to the deck I'd taken with me (The Medieval Cat Tarot, for some reason - I *was* searching for the Golden Botticelli when I picked it up) and played with that extensively for an hour or so, all over the table.

I didn't want to exhibit naked greed by asking for the gig straight away, so I'll be back, we'll chat about mutual friends (there are two people I loved that I lost contact with whom she still sees), I'll drink and eat, then I'll take a client or two there. Then we'll negotiate, when I offer her the industry-usual cut out of the price of the reading afterwards.

It'd be a great thing to do - her cafe isn't on the main drag so she gets less business than some of the ones opposite the beach, so she can do with a tourist attraction to pull people in and increase trade (me!). And I can do with a regular gig again, even if it's only once a week - twice would be better but once is good.

I left feeling really upbeat - the energy between us was clear and good.

The foundations are laid - er ... the Three Pentacles has been done?

Baroli

nisaba said:
I did, indeed, have fun. We recognised each other on sight, we spent a while catching up, I drank her coffee, when it got busy and she started working, I turned to the deck I'd taken with me (The Medieval Cat Tarot, for some reason - I *was* searching for the Golden Botticelli when I picked it up) and played with that extensively for an hour or so, all over the table.

I didn't want to exhibit naked greed by asking for the gig straight away, so I'll be back, we'll chat about mutual friends (there are two people I loved that I lost contact with whom she still sees), I'll drink and eat, then I'll take a client or two there. Then we'll negotiate, when I offer her the industry-usual cut out of the price of the reading afterwards.

It'd be a great thing to do - her cafe isn't on the main drag so she gets less business than some of the ones opposite the beach, so she can do with a tourist attraction to pull people in and increase trade (me!). And I can do with a regular gig again, even if it's only once a week - twice would be better but once is good.

I left feeling really upbeat - the energy between us was clear and good.

The foundations are laid - er ... the Three Pentacles has been done?

Yep, I would say so and we are the fellows with the um,...advice. I also like the fact that you would be somewhat working for each other, attaining the same goal,....more business for her = business for you etc. Ya gotta love the Universe and how things fall into place at times. :D

PAMUYA

Good for you! Do keep us posted.

nisaba

<smile> I'm planning on a foray over there with some pretty decks in a couple of days. I'm going to try and get her to encourage our mutual friends to be there, too - I did a couple of readings for one out of the couple some years ago, as well as having a great deal of personal fondness for them.

FionaT

Fantstic news! Well done. I hope you get the gig although it sounds to me like it's in the bag! Keep us posted.

minrice

That would be so great! Good luck, I hope it works out :)