NOVA Oracle

Chronata

I have wanted this deck for a very long time, but circumstances prevented me from acquiring it at several turns.

I guess it pays to be patient. Because now I hold a copy in my hands...and I am thrilled!

It was a deck that my spouse owned when I first met him...but it disappeared shortly after that. His copy was from the early 80's.

I met the deck author,(a friend of my spouse) when he did a reading for me with it...and I was sold. Later I worked on a theatrical production with him.

I had ordered this deck from tarotgarden and never received it, and after a few nudges, I was too chicken to ask for compensation.

So it seemed I would never get a copy.

And then, this summer, the author appeared at the faire I was working at, and in my mailbox...came a copy of the new edition!

And I got to say...I am in love.

The Nova is meant to be a modern oracle...with cards that feature concepts and icons from the modern era.
The Computer, The Amusement Park, The Superstar, The Streetlamp...and a few not so modern cards like The Door, The Eagle, The Wizard. It's a nice mix of symbols.

It has 26 distinct cards...done in black and white, and then reproduced in a reddish brown color (all but card 0). That makes 51 cards in all.

The idea being that you can read the black cards as good and exciting ways of moving forward, while the red versions give you the symbol as a warning, a block...something to watch out for.

I think it's quite like reading reversals of the symbol...but the cool thing is you can get the black and red versions of the same card in one reading, which makes for a cool reading experience, and really presents an enjoyable challenge.
I like trying to invent new meanings...the duality of each symbol...both the good and bad. The lwb has a nice start.

I have done a few readings for myself, but as I am rubbish at reading for myself, I am going to have to test drive this soon on here.

But check it out if you can...it's self published, and has some decent cardstock, and cool images. And I like the quirky system too...it's one of those intuitive decks for sure!

Chronata

Here's a couple of cards from the deck...including the backs!

you can see one red card...though there are multiples of every card (red and black!)

Attachments

• nova cards.jpg
    nova cards.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 349

celticnoodle

this deck sounds interesting. i like that it is in black and white and red. where can you purchase this lovely, and how much does it cost? can you give us a link to it? I did try to google it to no avail.

Chronata

Hey celticnoodle!
Well...my friend does have a website...um...sort of.

It's very zen to say the least. (a lot like him, actually)

You would have to contact him and ask about the deck, because I'm not sure myself how much they go for!

(although the one they have at tarotgarden is over $100)

Here's the only website I was able to find!
http://www.novaoracle.com/