Trouble with some aspects.

Pixienoire

I am trying to dissect a synastry chart, and I am having some troubles. I cannot find any information about the following aspects anywhere. Does anyone happen to know anything about them, or where I can find some information at?

Saturn (his) quincunx Ascendant (mine)
Mars (his) Trine Lilith (mine)
Moon (his) trine Midheaven (mine)
Sun (his) quincunx Ascendant (mine)
Uranus (his) quincunx Ascendant (mine)
Neptune (his) trine Chiron (mine)
Neptune (his) square North Node (mine)
Pluto (his) trine Lilith (mine)
Lilith (his) trine Mercury (mine)
Lilith (his) square Uranus (mine)
Lilith (his) sextile Pluto (mine)

Minderwiz

Pixienoire said:
I am trying to dissect a synastry chart, and I am having some troubles. I cannot find any information about the following aspects anywhere. Does anyone happen to know anything about them, or where I can find some information at?

You say you are trying to disect a synastry chart. Have you already done the main work and are now considering these aspects or are you looking at the aspect list and these don't have any obvious meaning to you?

If you are in the latter situation then the best advice is to IGNORE all these aspects!!! You need to start with the important stuff and that is:

A natal analysis of both parties - you can't begin an effective synastry without natal profiles.

In the synastry start by looking at the personal planets, their contact by major aspect and their relation toAscendant, Descendant and fifth House and the MC/IC axis. Sign placements are also important because they give you and indication of the strength of the various planets.

If you must use outer planets, then look for contacts between one party's Venus, Mercury, Moon, and Sun by major aspect. I have found from lengthy synastry analyses that minor aspects and outer planets add very little NEW information, if any. At best they may reinforce what you already know or suspect from the previous work. Using them also carries the risk of not seeing the wood for the trees - they confuse and overface you, unless you are very methodical.

If you have already done the important stuff and are looking for additional factors:

I still wouldn't choose any of these, except the Moon trine the MC.

However:

Qunicunx aspects are 150 degrees (also referred to as inconjunct) Traditionally they play no role because they are NOT aspects - there is no 'beholding' involved. UNLESS they coincide with antiscia or unless they have a common sign ruler, such as Aries and Scorpio. Modern Astrologers have juggled the meaning a bit and tend to see these aspects as minor stressful aspects, something you can't put your finger on. There's also a modern view that quincunx's are strong but I've not found that, unless they meet the traditional criteria of antiscia. So the quincunx between Sun and Ascendant would for me depend on what signs were involved.

Which Lilith do you mean? Lilith the asteroid (1181), Dark Moon Lilith, the claimed second satellite of the Earth, or Black Moon Lilith, the second focal point of the elipse traced by the Moon's orbit (the Earth being the other). If you are not sure of any of these I'd advise against using any of them. I don't use them but I know plenty of Astrologers who do. So I'm not saying they should never be used, more that their use should be based on a sound understanding of what they are and a recognition that they are at most minor issues in synastry. Take your example of his Moon trine your MC. A simple interpretation might be that he emotionally empathises with your career, or he sees your career as something of a mother role to him. But such an interpretation would be far too simple. The Moon has other symbolism (suh as the public) and also it has accidental symbolism from his chart. If the Moon rules his first or seventh it has far more importance than if the Moon rules his third. So what does the Moon symbolise for him?

Ignore completely any aspects between mutual outer planets (including Chiron) or outer planets and the nodes. Major aspects made by outer planets to key points (Angles or fifth cusp) or to important planets such as Venus, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Mars and Saturn might provide secondary and supporting information but use tight orbs.

Now there may well be some Astrologers out there who think I might be a little to hard on the outers and Liliith but I don't think there are any who would start from there!

Get your basics right - a good natal analysis. Without it you will find it very difficult to decide exactly how planets will express themselves in the synastry.

Then look for important contacts between the traditional planets (especially from Mars in) and look for angular and house placements. You will learn all the main points from those.

If you then feel the need to expand on that do so carefully and identify the secondary factors - possible outer contacts as described above, if you must try minor aspects then those between the traditionals come first. Remember that minor aspects are just that, they are seondary (or even tertiary) testimonies, they will not override the major testimonies but they may modify them slightly.

If you want to play with Lilith do so in your natal analysis first till you get to understand meanings and whether it is useful for you. Don't rush in and try and apply it to synastry.