Buying a deck only because you loved one card

daphne

Have you ever bought a deck, even one you never considered, only because it happened to fall in love with one of the cards?

Today I just saw the Strength card from New Palladini and I was completed hooked-up.
I never even considered this deck, I am a color-person and like outrageous rich colored decks and this one looked quite sober in chromatics. But the Strength card convinced me to buy it.
I`m the only one crazy or we can make a club?:)

Libra8ca

I think if it wasn't for the Strength card in the Fantastical tarot I probably wouldn't have that deck. That was the card that convinced me to buy it. :D
Looks like we already have a club of 2 :D :D

Sulis

I bought The Tarot of Prague because I loved the Judgement card - excellent deck too, I've never regretted it :).

The New Palladini is filled with gorgeous jewel-tones. If you like rich colours and you're used to RWS based decks (it's a clone really), I think you'll love it.

daphne

Libra8ca said:
I think if it wasn't for the Strength card in the Fantastical tarot I probably wouldn't have that deck. That was the card that convinced me to buy it. :D
Looks like we already have a club of 2 :D :D

Already 3! Phyyyyuuuu!
I am not so ashamed anymore, it is a normal disease.:)

daphne

Sulis said:
I bought The Tarot of Prague because I loved the Judgement card - excellent deck too, I've never regretted it :).

The New Palladini is filled with gorgeous jewel-tones. If you like rich colours and you're used to RWS based decks (it's a clone really), I think you'll love it.

Yes, I am RWS based. I like decks as Pearl of Wisdom/Hanson Roberts/Celtic Tarot(J. de Burgh)/Legacy of the Divine and so on, all lavishly colored decks.

So I guess I`ll find New Palladini quite ok, but still on the poorer scale of colors in my tops (at least from what I saw on online scans).
But, at least, I will have that very expressive Strength card.

teomat

I dithered over buying the Dark Grimoire for a long time. I liked some of the images but not all of them. However the Six of Cups completely bowled me over. I had to get the deck just to have that card in my hands.

Fortunately I grew to like the rest of the cards. :)

Vanny

Sulis said:

Wow. Just looked at the image. I love it. Judgement has become one of my favorite cards in the Gilded Tarot.

I actually bought my Gilded tarot after meeting with a tarot group and two women had the deck. I absolutely fell in love with the six of wands of all cards. There was just something about it. I went out and bought it 2 days later. So now my favorites in the gilded tarot are the six of wands, judgement, and death.

jackdaw*

I bought the Gaian majors only back in the day because of the Star card. Okay, there were others, but the Star was what hooked me.