Larimar! (I'm pretty sure...)

canid

Last year someone sent me this stone in an exchange or Nonny package - I forget now who it was - but she told me it was blue chert. It's not. I lost it last winter & found it last night (I tore the house apart looking for it, the cards told me where to focus mwah hah), started researching it again & I'm 99.9% convinced it's larimar! I've ruled out amazonite & hemimorphite; it's not banded & it has the descriptive white veins that resemble sunlight on a sandy ocean floor, TWO very distinctive dolphins & a mermaid tail within the swirly darker/turquoise/cobalt blue area; the colors are much more striking when backlit, since it's translucent. Edgar Cayce predicted in the 70's a beautiful stone from Atlantis would be found that has amazing healing properties & the only place in the world it's found is the Dominican Republic. It not only is reputed to have wonderful physical healing properties, but has psychic enhancing potential in that it opens the 3rd eye chakra. I love it even more now! It's become my special talisman - I just love rocks.

So, anyone want to burst my euphoric bubble & say it's really not larimar? }) Go ahead. I dare ya.

Attachments

• larimar.jpg
    larimar.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 176

Stormdancer

Ayup...That looks like it to me too. Lovely stone, isn't it? I LOVE mine :)

canid

Can you post a pic of yours? Or is there a link somewhere? And what are you supposed to do with it, in a practical way? Just keep it on your person, tape it to your forehead...what? Have you ever used a flashlight to backlight it? With mine, the aqua colors become really intense, beautiful Carribbean aqua. I'm thinking of maybe wire wrapping it for a necklace, but then, it's a bit large for a pendant. Maybe I'll just keep it in my pocket. I like this - 'Sensitive persons can feel and see the information about Atlantis carried by Larimar.'

Stormdancer

canid said:
Can you post a pic of yours? Or is there a link somewhere? And what are you supposed to do with it, in a practical way? Just keep it on your person, tape it to your forehead...what? Have you ever used a flashlight to backlight it? With mine, the aqua colors become really intense, beautiful Carribbean aqua. I'm thinking of maybe wire wrapping it for a necklace, but then, it's a bit large for a pendant. Maybe I'll just keep it in my pocket. I like this - 'Sensitive persons can feel and see the information about Atlantis carried by Larimar.'
um...I don't know ANYTHING...LOL. Mine is a raw rock cut in half...not even sure if it's been polished or not **shrugs** A friend brought it back from a vacation, knowing I love rocks. But mine looks a LOT like yours. I always thought of it as waves of the sea and the white foam they make. I LOVE this rock !!!

HearthCricket

canid said:
Last year someone sent me this stone in an exchange or Nonny package - I forget now who it was - but she told me it was blue chert. It's not. I lost it last winter & found it last night (I tore the house apart looking for it, the cards told me where to focus mwah hah), started researching it again & I'm 99.9% convinced it's larimar! I've ruled out amazonite & hemimorphite; it's not banded & it has the descriptive white veins that resemble sunlight on a sandy ocean floor, TWO very distinctive dolphins & a mermaid tail within the swirly darker/turquoise/cobalt blue area; the colors are much more striking when backlit, since it's translucent. Edgar Cayce predicted in the 70's a beautiful stone from Atlantis would be found that has amazing healing properties & the only place in the world it's found is the Dominican Republic. It not only is reputed to have wonderful physical healing properties, but has psychic enhancing potential in that it opens the 3rd eye chakra. I love it even more now! It's become my special talisman - I just love rocks.

So, anyone want to burst my euphoric bubble & say it's really not larimar? }) Go ahead. I dare ya.

I dare you, because I am the one who sent it. It was labeled as Blue Chert and not Larimar. I have specimens of both. Larimar costs a lot more than Chert, believe me!

Original post:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1903909&postcount=199

Blue Chert on the left, Larimar on the right.

HearthCricket

See above...

Stormdancer

Interesting...I am assuming they're in the order you labeled the images? My unpolished Larimar looks just like the image on the left, but I remember my friend showed me a ring with the stone polished, and it was more the color of the picture on the right. Hmmmmmm

HearthCricket

Correct..the Larimar is on the right...the smaller, chunkier piece rather than the flat one. Both are polished stones. I bought them from the same store, via the same consignment lady who sells crystals and bought canid's the same time as mine. Just telling it like it is. She can call it whatever she wants!

BodhiSeed

Beautiful pics of the chert and larimar...

Larimar often has a "cellular" pattern, much like in the picture HC posted.