Samhain, Hallowmas, All Hallows Eve, Halloween and Tarot

HedgeWriter

Whatever you call it, and however you celebrate it, if you do, this time of year heralds a deep and meaningful transition. It is about harvest, and the thinning of the veil. It is a time of reverential attitude towards our beloved ones that have gone before, Dumb Suppers, divinations and the coming of the dark of the year.

Hiving off from another thread, what does this sabbat mean to you?

nisaba

HedgeWriter said:
Whatever you call it, and however you celebrate it, if you do, this time of year heralds a deep and meaningful transition. It is about harvest, and the thinning of the veil. It is a time of reverential attitude towards our beloved ones that have gone before, Dumb Suppers, divinations and the coming of the dark of the year.

Hiving off from another thread, what does this sabbat mean to you?
Here, "this time of year" (a direct quote from you) is a time for the sabbat of Beltaine (or Beltane): Spring moves into Summer, the biological urges get stronger, life quickens, flowers glow everywhere and seeds form (and sprout in the ground): this season is about promise for the future. A great time for sex (because all of us, human, animal and plants, are feeling hormonal) and everything to do with sex, like weddings and conception of babies. Time to celebrate strength, life, light, warmth and vigour, and time to tend our vegetable patches to ensure the provision of plenty for the seasons ahead.

Like every time of year, it's a suitable time for Tarot, and for participating with enjoyment in AT discussions.

Sinduction

Well, here everything is dying. This is my end of the year, the time to let go of the hurts, the time to look forward.

I do most of my divining this night. I am so excited that it falls on a Sunday this year so I can be all alone! I do a large year ahead reading, make contact with those who have passed over and want to chat, and some spooky conjuring things just because I like to!

HedgeWriter

Sinduction said:
Well, here everything is dying. This is my end of the year, the time to let go of the hurts, the time to look forward.

I do most of my divining this night. I am so excited that it falls on a Sunday this year so I can be all alone! I do a large year ahead reading, make contact with those who have passed over and want to chat, and some spooky conjuring things just because I like to!

Do you like to use a special deck for Samhain readings?

Sinduction

HedgeWriter said:
Do you like to use a special deck for Samhain readings?
Vargo's Gothic is my usual because of the feel of it. I like a darker vibe, it makes it more spooky. I've also used the Druidcraft and was thinking of using the Templar this year, but those cards are bigger and not so good for big readings.

Guiding Cauldron

This is my time of year to regenerate. I reflect through all the situations, lessons I have been presented with and see how I could have handles things differently, if results were less than satisfactory.

The decks I will favor most are: Tarot of the Vampyres and the Graven Images Oracle. I see so much hope/illumination shining through both of these decks despite their initial darker tone.

Sulis

Moderator message

Please remember folks that this forum is Talking Tarot.

Discussion about Samhain, Hallowmas, All Hallows Eve and Hallowe'en in general need to be in the Spirituality forum (which is subscriber only) so please keep this discussion tarot based or it will have to be moved.

Thanks,

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator

HedgeWriter

Sulis said:
Please remember folks that this forum is Talking Tarot.

Discussion about Samhain, Hallowmas, All Hallows Eve and Hallowe'en in general need to be in the Spirituality forum (which is subscriber only) so please keep this discussion tarot based or it will have to be moved.

Thanks,

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator

Thanks, Sulis.

The darker tarot appeals to me because of the time of year here in the Northern Hemisphere, the Hermit card in particular. Maybe cause I'm a hermit myself, but it gives me hope for the coming light.

Raindance

This time of year reminds me of "The Moon" and I seem to notice it more and more as I walk my dog at night (praying that he'll do his business quickly because it gets mighty breezy where I live). Ha!

chrissydogz

Raindance said:
This time of year reminds me of "The Moon" and I seem to notice it more and more as I walk my dog at night (praying that he'll do his business quickly because it gets mighty breezy where I live). Ha!
hahaha very befitting scenerio for the moon. im thinking about getting myself the halloween tarot deck the cards look so adorable