Two rocks grown together

canid

I don't know how to google it. When there's a smaller rock attached to another rock, or two rocks fused together. I have a couple of those - one a very large specimen that's a geode & I just wondered if they have any kind of special metaphysical significance. Does anyone know what I mean?

canid

No. A rock store long ago in Michigan said it/they looked like Boji stones, only they're 10 lbs. But they look like any pic of a Boji you can find, with the top stone being much smaller yet attached to the center of the larger stone. Is that clear as mud?

cardlady22

OK. That seems to match up since Boji is a concretion.

cluster, mother, parent/child would be the specimens I'd look up. What does it feel like to you?

ncharge

It depends on how they have grown together. If you mean one is totally encapsulated by the other, you have a manifestation crystal. If you mean one is embedded in the other, with part of it inside and part outside of the other crystal, you have a penetrator or a child. Here is a web site that describes the formations and what they may mean. Also, Melody's book, Love is in the Earth, has a large section on crystal formations.

http://www.crystalsandjewelry.com/crystalformations.html

shadowdancer

wel, I have many quartz points which have another point growing from the same base, and with its own termination. May be same size as the main or may be smaller. These are called "tantric twins" and are one of the master quartz crystals. If I had to describe how it looks it would be a conjoined crystal to another.

If this is what you mean, have a google search for info. There is going to be a fair bit available.

Davina

canid

cardlady22 said:
OK. That seems to match up since Boji is a concretion.

cluster, mother, parent/child would be the specimens I'd look up. What does it feel like to you?

I'm googling to no avail. I wish our camera worked; I don't think I can scan it. It feels, always has, very benevolent, helpful, healing; which is why it's in the house & not outside playing with other rocks.

canid

ncharge said:
It depends on how they have grown together. If you mean one is totally encapsulated by the other, you have a manifestation crystal. If you mean one is embedded in the other, with part of it inside and part outside of the other crystal, you have a penetrator or a child. Here is a web site that describes the formations and what they may mean. Also, Melody's book, Love is in the Earth, has a large section on crystal formations.

http://www.crystalsandjewelry.com/crystalformations.html

Thanks, but this isn't a crystal, it's a rough, round rock that may be a geode with crystals inside. Either that or it's a Boji, but ANOTHER smaller rock has grown on top of it.

canid

cardlady22 said:
This is 2 of them connected.
http://www.susankayjewelry.com/newmoqui5-11f.jpg

Didja take a good gander at that pic?!

Yeah, it looks like the first one, except they're not side by side. I dug this thing up when I lived in Michigan, along with opal, 3 different hematite types, including specular, obsidian, rough emerald, citrines, howlite (this is an AWESOME tube form), a 40 lb. calcite crystal slab, all kinds of fossils, the list is endless. I was in heaven digging all over the place. Then I found out a previous owner was a rock hound & when he died his wife threw his collection outside.