Trying to dispel more Tarot myths.

SunChariot

Just another of my little surveys I'm doing to dispel any myths that there is something unsavory or unspiritual about Tarot... This time I'm asking what the most positive beautiful spiritual things that have happened to you or to your querents in their lives beccause of Tarot

How has the universe shown you her caring through the cards.

Babs

Vanny

This looks like it could be a great thread. Unfortunately, I don't have a story to share but I am looking forward to what others share.

Sinduction

I only have one but it was a big one, no, I have two. :D

The first one: Well, I have never been one that ever wanted to marry. I am a feminist to the bone and my father was worthless so I really didn't respect men. Then I met my current SO. Long story short, I did a reading about him after a few dates because he seemed to good to be true. The cards I drew where (in order), the Queen of Pents (my sig), The Hierophant, and the King of Swords (his sig). I saw it as the two of us and a priest, in other words, marriage. omg! No. Not me! :D He proposed after dating for 2 months and we've been together for 4 years. My longest relationship ever. We haven't married yet and I'm not sure we will because I'm stubborn, but I surely do believe that God/Spirit/The Great Spoon brought us together. He has changed me for the better and I know what real love is now. It was like I was being shown that he was worthy.

The second was when I first got the Transparent Tarot. I took out my personality cards, or whatever those are. I was moved to tears at the image. It was, basically, a cocoon. And, well, having been agoraphobic most of my life and struggling with panic and anxiety for more than 20 years, I felt it summed up my life perfectly while giving me hope for my future. Or, showing me that I actually will have a future. I still tear up when I think of that moment. It stirs something in my soul, like God's love is pouring into me and I am safe. It is strange and very difficult to explain but I've never had that type of reaction from the cards or anything else. I haven't quite made it out of the cocoon, but at least I'm looking for a way out instead of accepting this as my fate. It gave me back my life. I was just waiting to die, I had given up on ever having a normal-ish life, of ever having anything. Now my spirit is renewed and paths of recovery have opened up to me. Even if I never do get better, I no longer feel like a waste and I am grateful for that.

I hope that is helpful to you. :D

KariRoad

A friend told me how the ancient Tarot was much older than paper playing cards, which is what historians compare Tarot to. That was such an eye-opener. Like how so much of high school is b.s.

Tarot blows away any "theories" and all the "historical" propaganda.

Born :) Free!

NikkiB

I started Tarot very recently but my lovely illuminated deck particulary has gently guided me and helped me to look at things within myself that need work. I have seen not only issues I need to work on to become the person that I want to be but also how to go about it. Tarot has become my friend and advisor, always honest always helpful! my deck has a great sense of humour and tells me off if I ask something to often! but kindly.

I now feel theres help out there and i'm not going through this alone. I had a real tower experiance, everything and i mean everything changed for me overnight but Tarot is guiding me through the other side....

I feel quite sad when people are so frightend of it when I offer them a reading...

BodhiSeed

I work with women alcoholics and addicts (voluntarily, not as a profession). When you take away the drugs and alcohol, and the fog lifts, there is usually years of emotional baggage and trauma underneath. Unfortunately, most women are too out of touch to know what they are feeling or why they feel that way. I've done many "readings" where I ask the woman to "tell me what you see," thus opening a door so they could discover and heal their pain. Many of these same women have learned to use the tarot themselves as a daily spiritual tool. Tarot has been a wonderful way to heal themselves whole again.

SkadisPhoenix

I was assaulted a couple of years ago, and then found out that my birth mother had died, and that my adoptive parents both had cancer, and I was dumped, all in the space of about 3 weeks. I ended up becoming very ill, with ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and for a while, didn't feel very hopeful about the future at all.

Then while I was dealing out some cards, I seemed to have a bit of an epiphany about certain cards, and am actually attempting to design my own deck (slowly, considering the ME).

Another time, again, after all of that happened, but before I was diagnosed, I started seeing my other half. I wasn't sure whether or not I should get involved with him, I'd come out of a two year relationship, and he's about 3 years younger than me. Every time I did and do a reading about this guy, I get certain cards showing up, not necessarily all of them, but at least one or two - Knight of Cups, Knight of Pentacles (his court card), Ace of Cups, Nine of Cups, Ten of Cups or The Hierophant. One time it was all of them! :p Now, two years down the line, I'm still ill, and basically housebound, but we're talking about getting married in the next two or three years, and I honestly believe that he's the best person I've met.

chrissydogz

my tarot has given me hope. lately my tarot has been telling me that now is a time for restoration and its time to leave the past behind. there will be struggles along the way but as long as i stay strong and put my trust in the higher authorities(which to me means my god and the lord and saviour jesus)im going to be ok. :) i also sometimes get warm tingly feelings during my readings.

Alta

Tarot has gotten me through a good many low periods. It usually is not just one epiphany reading, it usually unfolds via several readings over a period of months, sometimes years. It is like a gentle guide who just takes you a few steps at a time further than you want to go. :)

GRAFLIX1

Personally, tarot has influenced every facet of my life and never ceases to amaze me.

The next time some christian wants to burn you at the stake, remind them that the tarot can be found within the Bible - if you know the code!

Recently I enlarged a card and placed it upon my lounge room wall, sort of like hanging an old family member's portrait.

One night, after owning this particular pack for the past 35 years, suddenly, I saw something that I would never have had noticed before. Truly amazing. I just love the cards.

Shane