PDA

View Full Version : Crystals when you are sleeping.

autumn star
14-10-2010, 13:34
I have recently started putting some Rose Quartz under my pillow and I find that when I wake up in the morning I wake with a way more positive state of mind, and I often have really meaningful dreams.

Is it ok do this? I think I can remember reading somewhere that it wasn't a good idea to put crystals under your pillow.

Are there any crystals that I should not do this with or other ones that are good for dreams and sleep etc?

:)

Amatafrances
14-10-2010, 19:51
In my opinion Rose Quartz is a very good stone for sleeping time and for pleasant dreams. I noticed that the more transparent it is, the more powerful for sleeping is this crystal.
To remember my dreams I use as well a little Transparent Quartz sphere.
When I cannot sleep I use Blue Lace Agate, that is a very calming stone.
Banded Agates too are all very calming.
But, during the night it is important to avoid the use of very energizing crystals, for example Red Jasper and Jaspers in general or Citrine.
Ciao!

autumn star
15-10-2010, 12:50
In my opinion Rose Quartz is a very good stone for sleeping time and for pleasant dreams. I noticed that the more transparent it is, the more powerful for sleeping is this crystal.
To remember my dreams I use as well a little Transparent Quartz sphere.
When I cannot sleep I use Blue Lace Agate, that is a very calming stone.
Banded Agates too are all very calming.
But, during the night it is important to avoid the use of very energizing crystals, for example Red Jasper and Jaspers in general or Citrine.
Ciao!

Thankyou for the suggestion :) I have some Blue Lace Agate so I will have to try it out one night :)

MCsea
15-10-2010, 20:58
I use crystals under my pillow - but there are some that dont work with me sleeping they keep me awake - I think that it is a personal thing - dependent on your situation and things change so at times I 'test' myself... my working/sleeping with crystals changes over time

Keep a sleep diary ;)

sweet dreams

autumn star
17-10-2010, 08:43
I use crystals under my pillow - but there are some that dont work with me sleeping they keep me awake - I think that it is a personal thing - dependent on your situation and things change so at times I 'test' myself... my working/sleeping with crystals changes over time

Keep a sleep diary ;)

sweet dreams

Thanks for the advice :) I have tried to keep a sleep diary in the past but the problem was I kept on sleeping in before work, making me in a hurry with no time to write my dreams down in it ;) Perhaps, I will give it another go :)

Amatafrances
20-10-2010, 19:33
You can try to record your dreams whith a small recorder, keeping it very close to your bed during the night, so that you can take and use it easily in the morning when you are awakening.

autumn star
24-10-2010, 16:16
You can try to record your dreams whith a small recorder, keeping it very close to your bed during the night, so that you can take and use it easily in the morning when you are awakening.

That is a good idea thanks :) I also read last night that Jade is good for dreaming and sleeping, if you put it on your forehead before sleep so I must go and get some :)

MCsea
30-10-2010, 12:01
:)

I find it hard to keep a diary too but I sent myself a task when Im in NEED and make sure I remember - email myself just some key words of what crystals have helped me I also write in my book - a few words so its not a whole diary just adding to what other people have written sometimes its a big tick indicating it worked.

For dreams I find Ruby Kyanite and Fuchsite help (for happy/good dreams that is)

Marina

autumn star
30-10-2010, 12:19
Thanks for the idea, Marina :)

So far I have tried aquamarine & amethyst as night-time crystals - but neither have brought me as meaningful dreams as the Rose Quartz. However, I do feel like I wake up more energized and have more energy during the day. It's a good idea to record which ones are the most helpful though so I will remember in the future :)

danny.mac85
30-10-2010, 15:31
I love sleeping with stones. My husband doesn't however, he doesn't like waking up and finding them stuck up under him. Silly traveling stones=)
Anyways, I sleep with a palm stone of selenite and a wierdly cut amythest. I think there might be a lapis luzi(sp?) stuck in the bed somewhere.
But amythests are really good with dreaming I read somewhere. And my selenite has always been comforting to me when I sleep. It has a soft and soothing type of energy. Not too sure about the Lapis though it's always hiding or under my husband(Pretty bad actually since it's a pyramid.) So I actually don't think it's doing too much, or likes my husband better.

Cheers!

Danielle*****

jcwirish
30-10-2010, 17:11
I love sleeping with stones. My husband doesn't however, he doesn't like waking up and finding them stuck up under him. Silly traveling stones=)
Anyways, I sleep with a palm stone of selenite and a wierdly cut amythest. I think there might be a lapis luzi(sp?) stuck in the bed somewhere.
But amythests are really good with dreaming I read somewhere. And my selenite has always been comforting to me when I sleep. It has a soft and soothing type of energy. Not too sure about the Lapis though it's always hiding or under my husband(Pretty bad actually since it's a pyramid.) So I actually don't think it's doing too much, or likes my husband better.

Cheers!

Danielle*****

LOL! This cracked me up. I am so glad I found this thread. I have a nice piece of rose quartz I may try and use with sleeping. I also have a lovely angel stone that was a gift from another ATer. Would this be a good choice to put under my pillow? I find it to be a very calming stone, but don't know all that much about it.

NikkiB
30-10-2010, 17:13
Ir's strange every time I sleep witj my lovely rose quartz under the pillow I get horrible dreams! Perhaps it needs cleansing but even so really not nice dreams. Happened again tonight!

autumn star
30-10-2010, 18:02
Ir's strange every time I sleep witj my lovely rose quartz under the pillow I get horrible dreams! Perhaps it needs cleansing but even so really not nice dreams. Happened again tonight!

I hope it's not just me - do crystals work differently for different people I wonder? For me it's not just for the dreams but also the calming before I go to sleep, I have found that Rose Quartz works the best for me so far. Is there any other crystal that you have used successfully for sleep/dreams?

Alta
30-10-2010, 22:45
Selenite seems to be the softest, most soothing for me. I have quite a large piece and have it under the bed, near my head.

Filipa
31-10-2010, 01:16
I always use my rose quartz as it helps my insomnia, also I am using now garnet, it helps lift up any depressive feelings you may have and also prevent bad dreams

When I want meaningful dreams I choose lapis lazuli, moonstone or aventurine

jcwirish
31-10-2010, 06:06
I always use my rose quartz as it helps my insomnia, also I am using now garnet, it helps lift up any depressive feelings you may have and also prevent bad dreams

When I want meaningful dreams I choose lapis lazuli, moonstone or aventurine

I have insomnia too. This is great to know. I have a little piece of garnet too which I will use. I have very upsetting dreams at times.

autumn star
31-10-2010, 09:47
I was reading up on Rose Quartz last night - according to Michael Gienger, Rose Quartz helps relieve worry and encourages self love but it can increase peoples sensitivities, causing some people to become over-sensitive, this could explain why it has different effects of different people. :)

NikkiB
05-11-2010, 09:09
I hope it's not just me - do crystals work differently for different people I wonder? For me it's not just for the dreams but also the calming before I go to sleep, I have found that Rose Quartz works the best for me so far. Is there any other crystal that you have used successfully for sleep/dreams?

No i have only tried Rose Quartz as I thought was the most appropriate for me at this time, I have lots of crystals tho beside my bed, I might give one of those a try and see what happens.....

Oddity
10-11-2010, 10:04
When I have problems with insomnia or high levels of stress, three stones work for me better than anything else.

One is a smooth piece of common granite.
Another is a piece of sandstone (also very common where I live).
I also have a boji stone that seems to calm me down instantly. (I know you are supposed to keep them in pairs but I only have one, the smooth kind.)

Any one of these in my pillowcase and I sleep like a baby and feel so safe. Why, I don't know but they are probably very grounding or something. I'm not really a crystal person so if someone has a better theory than that, you are welcome to enlighten me :)

merissa_88
10-11-2010, 10:14
When I have problems with insomnia or high levels of stress, three stones work for me better than anything else.

One is a smooth piece of common granite.

Granite sounds wonderful. I haven't been able to find any tumbled granite. Did you buy it?

Oddity
10-11-2010, 10:39
Absolutely not. I just picked it up somewhere. They are everywhere at the beaches and I like the natural water-polished surface. :)

But I guess it would be easy to tumble it yourself if you like the super smooth polished surface? You could probably rent a tumbler or ask somebody to tumble it for you.
I remember I've seen jewellery made from common rocks like granite and quartz and they turn really beautiful when they are polished to a high shine. Marble too.

214red
17-11-2010, 21:47
i think crystals under the pillow work in many ways. you can put them under your pillow or under the bed i dont think it matters.
If i want a charge a stone up for healing before i give it away, i sleep with it for a few nights.
I often balance chakras when sleeping using stones and intention.
Helps me draw out negative thoughts or emotions when sleeping.

Basically i am lazy, if i can multi-task i will, so anything i can do when i am sleeping is a bonus

enchanted spirit
24-11-2010, 00:14
I was reading up on Rose Quartz last night - according to Michael Gienger, Rose Quartz helps relieve worry and encourages self love but it can increase peoples sensitivities, causing some people to become over-sensitive, this could explain why it has different effects of different people. :)

Ooooh, that might explain why I have such a bad reaction to rose quartz. Any time I wear or carry rose quartz I end up a moody mess. Amethyst has a similar reaction. It kind of bums me out because I like these stones and would like to wear them, but it's just not worth it.

As far as sleeping, I have an obsidian sphere that I like to keep under my pillow. I have no idea why, and I didn't buy it for that purpose. But there it is, and sometimes if I wake up in the middle of the night I can hold it in my hand and I fall right back asleep. Of course, then I wake up with it rolling around in my bed. :)

LadyDeborah
24-11-2010, 16:39
I sleep with crystals quite often. I happen to collect crystal skulls. To many, skulls are ominous, evil or signify danger, but I find them amazing and full of energy. I use them with tarot as well. Crystals in any form, I find helpful.