Lord Sugar - Business moguls & tarot

kakooii

Lord Sugar, Sir Alan - whatever we are calling him these days.

I reckon he's had his cards done once or twice :) What do you think? I don't think he'd admit to it on national television though!

Alta

Could you add some links as to who he is and maybe your thoughts on why he has had his cards done?

I am drawing a blank on this topic. ;)

Alta

kakooii

Whoops I'm guessing from your post the only people are going to get the reference are probably Brits.

Lord Sugar is to the UK 'The Apprentice' TV show what Donald Trump is to the US one and Mark Bouris is to the Australian, namely the grumpy man who sits in the chair telling people "you're fired!"

Here's his bio on the bbc site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series6/board.shtml

The Apprentice overall: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

It ocurred to me earlier that as grumpy as he can be (I see him as the King of Swords), I reckon he'd take any information he could get his hands on. Tell you it was probably useless but end up thinking about it privately at a later date and probably putting it to good use, hence I started wondering if he'd ever gotten a tarot reading.

Plus it tickled my fancy to think of him doing his usual "oh get on with it, I haven't got all day, I'm a busy man, cut to the point" to a reader who was trying to do a celtic cross on him, OR to a reader who wasn't very good going "nah not for me, you're fired" OR him being utterly dumbfounded (and shut up) by the accuracy of a reading.

Alta

hahaha, now that is a word picture!

I would think that very successful people didn't get to where they were by refusing to take advice. In the end they will make their decisions but they could go to a reader, if for nothing else than the general atmosphere of a situation.

half jill

Another Apprentice fan I see! Although I think Lord Sugar is a nicer man than he lets on, I really don't think he'd listen to anyone, or let them give him a card reading.

kakooii

Alta said:
hahaha, now that is a word picture!

I would think that very successful people didn't get to where they were by refusing to take advice. In the end they will make their decisions but they could go to a reader, if for nothing else than the general atmosphere of a situation.

That's true, and even if it was helpful, they'd never say.

kakooii

half jill said:
Another Apprentice fan I see! Although I think Lord Sugar is a nicer man than he lets on, I really don't think he'd listen to anyone, or let them give him a card reading.

I'm not so much a fan as I tend to have to watch and hide behind a cushion at the same time! But I love the human dynamics of it.

I think he's a lot softer in person - around family and friends and maybe one of them could have convinced him to get a reading, but pardon the pun, he is a man to keep his cards close to his chest.

With all that said, I'm not too sure you'd get very far in business if you let it be known you had a tarot reader or an astrologer on your speed dial - even if consulting with them had been part of the process in making you very successful. Maybe in business people don't mind, so long as they don't have to know about it?

Carla

I don't think Lord Sugar would have any patience at all for tarot or any type of divination. I do think he's probably much nicer than depicted on the show (which, by the way, I loathe).

nisaba

kakooii said:
Lord Sugar, Sir Alan - whatever we are calling him these days.
Is that some sort of Voudun godform?

nisaba

kakooii said:
Lord Sugar is to the UK 'The Apprentice' TV show what Donald Trump is to the US one and Mark Bouris is to the Australian, namely the grumpy man who sits in the chair telling people "you're fired!"
Ah. I wrote my previous reply before I read this.

But despite being an Australian I'm still completely mystified.

No wonder I don't watch TV - it sounds incredibly drab.