PDA

View Full Version : Missing post in exchange thread

nisaba
15-10-2010, 17:29
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2503200&posted=1#post2503200

After post 5 in this thread about fifteen to twenty hours ago I wrote a first reply. When I hit "Submit", I waited until it showed up in the thread before moving on - I always do. A few minutes ago I noticed it had entirely disappeared. I don't think I've been moderated, because

a) It was on-topic, ie, dealing with the matters discussed in the reading and the feedback,

and

b) I didn't get a friendly little Moderatorial note in my PMs.

Instead, it just seems to have vanished completely. I have re-written my reply a few minutes ago, and as of now it is still there as post 6.

nisaba
15-10-2010, 17:32
Argh!

And here:- http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=148007

When there was just the original post up earlier today, I wrote a reply which would originally have been post number 2, which has also disappeared.

I was not on my home computer, but I was logged in as myself on another computer that actually is newer, faster and more stable than my machine.

Grigori
15-10-2010, 18:03
hhmm weird! You've not been moderated Nisaba, for the reasons you mentioned and also there is nothing from you trashbin section, nothing deleted anywhere.

Either the forum has had too much to drink this evening, or (hehe) you have ;)

Has anyone else had posts go aflurry?

Alta
15-10-2010, 23:02
I see that your replacement replies have stayed put. This is disconcerting to say the least.

I did see that the forums stopped completely at least once last evening, maybe there are problems. But really, why would the server ditch posts that are clearly posted. Puzzled.

nisaba
17-10-2010, 13:32
What makes it even odder is that the two vanishing posts were from a different computer (yes, I was logged on with my username and the deeply secret password!), an the replacement posts were written here at home, from my grinding, clanking old scratch-bin carved from flint and powered by two mice in wheels.

(well, my old, very slow computer, at any rate).

I *had* thought that posting to AT from a computer of decent speed where I didn't have to wait ages for pages to load was an absolute treat. Until the posts vanished.

Le sigh.

gregory
18-10-2010, 05:03
I had that happen a while ago - a post that showed and then vanished. It was in the SOOD thread :| but that is important to SOME of us... :D There's a note in the thread around where it happened.

nisaba
19-10-2010, 21:57
It hasn't happened since, and today I logged on from the identical foreign computer at the same time of the day when posts went missing, just to see if it was something arcane going on with the TAFE computers. Nup - today's posts stuck around.

Colour me gobsmacked.

canid
19-10-2010, 23:02
I had it happen three times in the past week. But after I hit send it just wasn't there & I didn't feel like redoing it.

nisaba
01-11-2010, 18:35
It's happened again. Different computer in the same venue, a few hours ago.

Between posts 10 and 11 in this thread (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=148839) there should be a post from me addressing something Le Fanu said. Once again, I waited until it went through and showed on the thread before moving on. Once again, I didn't receive anything like a moderatorial note telling me it had been pulled.

Is this going to happen every time I log in on a different computer? If it is, I'd like to know - I'll do my AT stuff at home and my other stuff there. But I *would* like to know.

nisaba
01-11-2010, 18:38
And yet here (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=148832) is a post written about five minutes before or after the other one, and it somehow survived.

Good grief.

Wendywu
01-11-2010, 19:04
This must be a technical glitch because posts are never pulled without a moderator note being sent to the poster first, and that note usually asks for the post to be amended by the member as a preferred option.

gregory
01-11-2010, 19:56
nisaba - save the page on a stick as soon as you SEE the post up there. Maybe then if it happens again, you can send the thing to Solandia as an attachment and she can see what is going on. There may be code in there she can understand.

But a thought - a couple of times I have realised I had the wrong thread open, hit the back button - and my post has then turned up in a different thread....

ETA but actually - is this

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2522376&postcount=26

the post you meant ? Did you remember the number wrong ???

GreenMoonBeam
01-11-2010, 21:03
nisaba, I wonder what ISP you are using? I had a similar problem last week.
I did put the post's disappearance to being blonde at the time })

Since then I've had problems on other forums when using iinet (ISP)

nisaba
02-11-2010, 16:39
nisaba, I wonder what ISP you are using? I had a similar problem last week.
I did put the post's disappearance to being blonde at the time })

Since then I've had problems on other forums when using iinet (ISP)
Well, I use dodo at home, but I have no idea at all what ISP the TAFE uses - quite possibly a government or education one.

GreenMoonBeam
02-11-2010, 19:44
Well, I use dodo at home, but I have no idea at all what ISP the TAFE uses - quite possibly a government or education one.

Dodos are extinct. Might be a problem })

On a serious note, thank you :heart: