Broken crystal - What should I do with it?

Glass Owl

My daughter just dropped and broke a rose quartz that was in the shape of a heart. I had been wearing in my pocket for the last few days it was really helping me feel calmer. Well, unfortunately now I'm upset and mad. This is the second time she has taken a crystal off my dresser (without my permission) and then dropped it on the tile and broken it. It really is sad too because I only have a handful of stones, most of which were given to me by a lovely AT member.

The stone is broken basically in half and the edges are really rough. What should I do with it? Any ideas?

Mali61505

Well now you have 2!! I Think everything happens for a reason so mabey keep one in your work place or by your bed and one with you! If the edges are to ruff mabey sand the edges? I dont know ive never done that but its an idea! :) I know one of my gorgeous quart 2 pointed crystal broke straight in half for no reason...but the i realized I was wanting to make a crystal grid just the day before and i needed a 1 point quartz to do it with! So ya :)

cardlady22

If you have a jeweler nearby, they might be able to to use a hand tool to smooth it. Maybe wire-wrap the halves and put them on chains? A truly unique take on the Best Friend trend?!

Glass Owl

Thanks for the tips and advice.

Okay, I just took a closer look at the break and the fact that the break is angled seems like it was a good thing. When I put the two pieces together they seemed to come together okay so I took some super glue and put the halves together a few minutes ago.

It seems like it is holding but I don't know how long it that will last. I doubt I will be able to carry it in my pocket anymore.

You can definitely see the broken line going across it but, on the bright side, I suppose it is symbolic of a broken heart that has been put back together.

I have such bad luck with crystals breaking. If it isn't my daughter breaking them, it is the cat batting my moonstone ring and my husband's new quartz ball onto the ground. The stone in my ring - in too many pieces to even bother counting. The quartz ball suffered extreme damage and huge slivers fell off in two sections so instead of a ball shape it's basically a teardrop. I tried to file down the two damaged areas but I don't know if it matters at this point. We still have it though, mainly because we spent some money on it and we really wanted a quartz. We try to display it with the two bad sides of it to the back but I can't help but feeling that it is it in such bad shape that I should get rid of it. I also have to wonder what that kind of damage does to a stone's properties. I was really looking forward to putting the quartz ball in my hands and meditating/relaxing (maybe even using it for scrying) but it is too rough to do that with now.

ncharge

Have you ever seen those necklaces that are a medalion cut in half? The text says: May the LORD watch between you and me when we are absent one from the other. Then, two people who love each other each wear half.

I see your crystall like that. Put together, held by two people who express their love for each other, then each takes one half and the crystal heart connects them as it sooths.

That's how I would use it, anyway.

Dusk Till Dawn

I noticed, that stones do break when they no longer serve any purpose. Or if they protected you , took all that energy in and they break. Happened to me with New Necklaces, they just fall off on the ground and break. Or happened on my Neck with my Black Turmalin Necklace. When that happens, I give the stone back to nature. I thank it for it's time it has spent with me and throw it in my garden or somewhere in Nature. Funny thing is, even if you try to look for it, it is dissapeared. So, if you feel bad about that broken stone, let it go, and get a New one if you can.

gregory

You can carry it in a little velvet pouch to protect it ?

PathWalker

Maybe if you kept some of your crystals inside a basket or tray or something, that might make them less "bat-able" by the cat at least? :)

Also, might you be able to give your daughter a crystal of her own? I don't know how old she is, but she obviously likes them, so maybe if she had her own, she might not touch yours so much?

Pathwalker x

Alta

Along the lines of Seeker*13*'s comment. After I moved away from Nova Scotia, I had to return for a business meeting and was staying in a hotel. While doing my evening ritual I was hit with a huge charge (I was focusing on parts of the coastline where I had spent hours and loved intensely), and since I didn't understand grounding so well then, had trouble sleeping the rest of the night. In the morning I was startled to see my amethyst cross, still lying on the deck in the hotel room, had split in half.

Sometimes crystals do their job and an end comes, by whatever means or hand.

Alta

PathWalker said:
Maybe if you kept some of your crystals inside a basket or tray or something, that might make them less "bat-able" by the cat at least? :)

Also, might you be able to give your daughter a crystal of her own? I don't know how old she is, but she obviously likes them, so maybe if she had her own, she might not touch yours so much?

Pathwalker x
:) and also good ideas!