Where you are affecting accuracy?

MariaPeea

So!

I just read a bunch of stuff a physic posted as advice for people about to get psychic readings over the phone. It kind of made me wonder about these online readings we do on the forum. Do you think our readings would be more accurate if the person we're reading for is sitting right at the computer, concentrating on their question? Because I'm sure that 50 percent of the time, I'm answering a question for someone who is probably either at work, wandering around the house or focusing on something else at the time (possibly even doing readings for other people).

I never even considered this, but it kinda makes sense to me that if the person was sending out their question at the time you were asking the universe about it, that it would be much more accurate. Has anyone tried this...?

nisaba

MariaPeea said:
Do you think our readings would be more accurate if the person we're reading for is sitting right at the computer, concentrating on their question?
Nope. It's enough that they thought about their question once. After all, time isn't really real, it's just a legerdemain to help us organise our thoughts, since as a species we are so intellectually limited as to not be able to cope with everything at once.

Tarot works outside of time - time is not relevant.

MariaPeea

nisaba said:
Nope. It's enough that they thought about their question once. After all, time isn't really real, it's just a legerdemain to help us organise our thoughts, since as a species we are so intellectually limited as to not be able to cope with everything at once.

Tarot works outside of time - time is not relevant.

Okay, this is what I always thought. And I think it makes perfect sense.
Do you think, though, that it would AMPLIFY the accuracy? I agree that it would work with or without it, but would it act as a little reading booster? Or I guess, if they sat there when they thought about the question and really sent out their intentions? I'm wondering, I guess, if face-to-face readings would be more accurate since the persons energy is RIGHT there, and maybe easier for the reader to pick up on? I find, even when I ask people questions over the net, i think of the question once and thats it, I dont know how much 'oomph' I really put into it. Is it like this little 'poof' of thought, versus a big tidal wave of thought?

PAMUYA

MariaPeea said:
Do you think, though, that it would AMPLIFY the accuracy? I agree that it would work with or without it, but would it act as a little reading booster? Or I guess, if they sat there when they thought about the question and really sent out their intentions? I'm wondering, I guess, if face-to-face readings would be more accurate since the persons energy is RIGHT there, and maybe easier for the reader to pick up on? I find, even when I ask people questions over the net, i think of the question once and thats it, I dont know how much 'oomph' I really put into it. Is it like this little 'poof' of thought, versus a big tidal wave of thought?

I think it would depend on the reader. Some readers get really nervous in front of someone face to face, or on the phone, they do better having some distance, and time to think it over. Here on the forum we can look things up, write and rewrite our answers to make them "just right". Well some, not me, my writing skills sucks. Face to face is a whole other factor, no books, no looking things up, and no rewriting or spell checking. I do believe that my first intuition is correct, my answers are brief and to the point. I have not had an unhappy customer. Writing them out here on line, I do get to put more thought into it, and I can be more open to more possibilites and be more frank about things to other readers. With clients I am very gentle with them, and careful what I say. Is it any better reading in person...NO, not in my humble opinion.

love.actually

I've wondered this too! I feel a lot more comfortable doing a reading in person because I can rest assured that the cards have picked up the querents' energies and their projections of the question at hand. I've done some readings for friends over the phone and they assure me they were no less accurate than the ones I did in person, though it felt off to me.

gregory

Funny you should mention it - there is an old thread I recently bumped dealing with this.

No, I don't think having the sitter right there makes reading more accurate, either. I do think there are a lot of con artists doing phone readings and online ones, and that they NEED to hide from their sitters }) - but in my case at least - I take so LONG over a reading at times that my sitters would get antsy and I would feel uncomfortable making them wait. I am sometimes fast enough that it would be OK - but also I am very shy, and I honestly think I would be tongue tied with sitters I didn't know, as well. I think knowing they were sitting there at the other side of my screen might have the same effect. I need to read when I feel like reading, as you might say.

And I don't actually think it makes a difference if my sitter is reading to her kids, or racing his motorbike. It's the cards that matter.

And OT - good to see you, MP :)

nisaba

MariaPeea said:
Do you think, though, that it would AMPLIFY the accuracy? I agree that it would work with or without it, but would it act as a little reading booster?
<slightly puzzled>

No. If anything, a bit the reverse. It throws me off my stride to sit within a metre of someone with incredible body-odour and read for them. And I must admit to being a bit uncosmic, and when I read once for a severe burns victim the scarring threw me off a bit, too. You just don't have distractions like that over the net.

nisaba

PAMUYA said:
I Here on the forum we can look things up, write and rewrite our answers to make them "just right". Well some, not me, my writing skills sucks.
<grin> And some not me - I'm always in a hurry when I'm on-line.

MariaPeea

gregory said:
No, I don't think having the sitter right there makes reading more accurate, either. I do think there are a lot of con artists doing phone readings and online ones, and that they NEED to hide from their sitters - but in my case at least - I take so LONG over a reading at times that my sitters would get antsy and I would feel uncomfortable making them wait. I am sometimes fast enough that it would be OK - but also I am very shy, and I honestly think I would be tongue tied with sitters I didn't know, as well. I think knowing they were sitting there at the other side of my screen might have the same effect. I need to read when I feel like reading, as you might say.

That's a good point, about taking a long time. I've done a few readings in person for my friends, and I need time to be able to soak in whats going on with the reading, and I do start to feel super weird making them sit there and try not to stare at me. I feel like I need to rush, even though I know they understand.

And thanks :)

What I HAVE noticed, though, is that my future predictions tend to be more accurate in person. Or maybe....actually, that could just be because I did them for friends and I actually know whats going on in their life so I can see the result of my readings, LOL!! My online future predictions may be just as accurate....I shall never know.

Nisaba -LOL!! Gotta say, never thought of that. Good point.

Pamuya -Also true. I do that, too. And sometimes it just takes a while to find that perfect word to try and describe what your feeling.

Okay. Well, I think this answers my question. Also, just an FYI, I did try to do a little experiment where I told people online to concentrate on their questions while I shuffled and pulled the cards...gotta say, no difference LOL! Though with one girl I did feel super tingly. But we do readings for each other often, so maybe we have a connection.

Nytebugg

I actually feel more in tune when there is distance between me and the sitter like email or the forum. It could just be that I haven't gotten comfortable with in person readings yet. I get nervous and over think. I have done a few phone readings and it's been okay.
with online I write and hit send. more like automatic writing in a way.